Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Poll: is 200000 US dollars enough for you to secure your life?

is 200000 dollars enough for you to secure your life?

• yes

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • no

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters
S

SA incel life

Banned
-
200 thousand US dollars, in alot of countries, that is enough money to buy properties to rent to produce a adequate monthly income.
If you picked no, explain your poll choice...

I have no idea

can i 3d print a 10000 strong army of realistic foid dolls with 200000$? No. There's your answer

A rope should be cheaper than 200k I guess

Facial Surgery=Securing your life. Even if you're homeless, if you're not ugly anymore... your life is better than an ugly man who is paying off a mortgage.

200K is god-tier money.

All I need is a rope to secure my neck.

Facial Surgery=Securing your life. Even if you're homeless, if you're not ugly anymore... your life is better than an ugly man who is paying off a mortgage.

200K is god-tier money.
200k US dollars is pocket money to rich people

Absolutely. Not only I could ascend with surgeries but take it up a notch and get a rhino too.

After that I would still have money and I could invest it in a good way.

Absolutely. Not only I could ascend with surgeries but take it up a notch and get a rhino too.

After that I would still have money and I could invest it in a good way.
get a rhino, hmm very smart, you could have a male and female rhino to produce rhinos to produce rhino horns horns to sell to the asians

get a rhino, hmm very smart, you could have a male and female rhino to produce rhinos to produce rhino horns horns to sell to the asians
I meant rhinoplasty but your idea isn't bad either

I live in Cucklifornia where everything is too damn expensive so no

200 thousand US dollars, in alot of countries, that is enough money to buy properties to rent to produce a adequate monthly income.

If you are in your 20s or 30s, how do you expect 200k to last you the rest of your life? You'll have to pay for food and consider that the inflation over the years basically means your money is losing 2-3% of its value every year. Do you mean to have 200k and not work at all anymore? I definitely don't think it is enough to live securely or comfortably for the rest of your life.

I think so but not if you don't invest it in something useful

1/5 of that is enough

Nope, that will get you a house in the US though.

Yeah, if you know how make the right investments

If you are in your 20s or 30s, how do you expect 200k to last you the rest of your life? You'll have to pay for food and consider that the inflation over the years basically means your money is losing 2-3% of its value every year. Do you mean to have 200k and not work at all anymore? I definitely don't think it is enough to live securely or comfortably for the rest of your life.
did you even read my statement that you quoted?

$200k is pocket change in a major city.

It would definitely help someone a great deal, but not enough to "secure" someone's life.

did you even read my statement that you quoted?
I read your statement very carefully and thought about it.

I could not think of another country that I would want to live out the rest of my life with $200k because the reduction in quality of life is not worth it, in my opinion. I've done business with people in Kenya before, for instance, and the standard of life, like you said is much cheaper there (though still not enough to live off $200k for 40 years), but it's not cheaper only because of the relative strength of the dollar. As an example, it rains there and people lose their houses in floods on a regular basis - and you're basically fucked if that happens.

If you're smart then you'll double that

I'd be making $800 a month if I put that in dividend stocks.

I'd be somewhat financially independent.

I live in Cucklifornia where everything is too damn expensive so no
With 200k you could move to Appalachia, live in a 5 bedroom house, and still have 150k in the bank.

If you expatriate to SEA then yes

I would not say it would secure you for life. But it would provide a measly monthly income for you to live on frugally.

no one could live off that for the rest of their life unless they were a lucky god tier investor who could get 10% yearly gains to beat inflation and instability in the market

I would not say it would secure you for life. But it would provide a measly monthly income for you to live on frugally.
what is the minimum amount of the money that could buy assets that produce a 3000 dollar monthly income ??

If you get some major illness or get a lawsuit. 200k will be wipe out like a snap of d finger.

not even close. unless you count investing all that money and making a profit in stocks, then maybe.

what is the minimum amount of the money that could buy assets that produce a 3000 dollar monthly income ??
That would depend on how you invest the money .If you wanted 3000 per month or 360,000 per year. I would say you need around $700,000, I would put it into a portfolio generating about 5% annually. You could purchase Corporate bonds, but there are a variety of options available.

i guess, i don't need to use a lot of money tbh just to pay taxes and cheap food

No money can fix my life

No
It doesnt even covers basic stuff

No, but it'd be a nice start.

I dont know about that kinda of stuffs