Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Quitting gaming problem

A

Allday

Banned
-
Getting sick of just LDARing so I want to sell my console and shit because of how much time I waste.

Problem is my brother bought me a few games for Christmas and I would feel guilty if I just sold them. Don't really know what to do.

try to find some sort of balance

Find other hobbies besides playing videogames and then quit.

It works way better than to go cold turkey

Just balance it out man, if you enjoy it, you'll miss it

like what other people are saying, set aside some time.

if it's too much of an addiction just sell it, explain to your brother if you need to, he seems like a good guy for buying you games so what are the chances he will understand?

Sergeantincel said:
If you enjoy what you do, it's not a waste of time.
Imagine playing 24/7, but dying at 80 with a smile on your face, did you really waste your life?

Fair point but for me it is more "Imagine dying at 80 feeling like you wasted the vast majority of your life doing nothing". I've been LDARing for a decade now and while it was great at first now I am slowly coming to the realization I don't enjoy having no friends, no family, and no social contact. I only continue to LDAR every day because I don't know what to do with myself anymore and my social anxiety is so serious I can only make myself leave the house when I need to buy groceries. I'm not hating on LDAR because it is literally all I know at this point in my life but I would be lying if I said it was fulfilling or meaningful at all. I am just passing time until I finally decide it is time to rope. If OP wants to quit gaming he might of came to a similar conclusion.

makuta said:
Getting sick of just LDARing so I want to sell my console and shit because of how much time I waste.
Problem is my brother bought me a few games for Christmas and I would feel guilty if I just sold them. Don't really know what to do.

just sell them on craigslist or ebay, they were given as a gift but if you sell them for money its just like him giving you the money as a present

Try scheduling your time so that you can ensure that you are productive enough so that you don't feel guilty by spending the extra free time playing video games.