Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

religiouscels lol

ItheIthe said:
Literally nowhere in the Bible are we told that the earth is 6000 years old

https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/

Never met an atheist who was not a degenerate, unlike religious people.

existentialhack said:
https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/

This is an incorrect interpretation of what the Bible says. Many of us know about how Genesis talks about the sun and stars being created one day, animals another, humans another, etc. This author makes the common mistake of taking the word "day" LITERALLY.

Time as we know it is man-made. In prophecy scripture Revelations 8:1 talks about a "half an hour of silence" (Meaning no major developments) in end times prophecy. This obviously doesn't mean a LITERAL half hour of no progressions as one would not expect major world developments within 30 minutes. Rather, it is a way to say that there will be a period of time from one progression to the next. Daniel also makes prophecies about a period of "seventy weeks" in regards to the Abomination of Desolation which aren't meant to be literal weeks, rather, separated periods of time. 2 Peter 3:8 also tells us "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day".

That is all to say the time in the Bible is not interchangeable with human time as we know it. The whole 6000 year argument is based on the premise of God creating each element of creation within a 24 hour time period as we know it, which is a misinterpretation of what Genesis was really saying.

Bushladen008 said:
Never met an atheist who was not a degenerate, unlike religious people.

99% of atheists are feminist cucks - hence the reason for hating islam and to some degree christianity

yfp786 said:
99% of atheists are feminist cucks - hence the reason for hating islam and to some degree christianity

I've seen a lot more of them hate Christianity a lot more than Islam tbh.

knajjd said:
reminder that you shouldn't read any version of the Bible other than the KJV 1611.

another reminder is that you should take everything in it literally, no matter how "ridiculous" you may find the scripture in your weak and fallible mortal brain.

Deuteronomy 4:2
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Ephesians 3:3–4
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

If you're trying to disprove what I'm saying it won't work. Deuteronomy doesn't go against what I'm saying, because that is a command to NOT CHANGE LAWS in Old Israel.

Not sure what your point with Ephesians is

Peter's point is that prophecies are going to be realized, and we must not pervert them based on what we want or think to happen. Has nothing to do with Genesis.

knajjd said:
i'm not trying to disprove what you're saying. i'm trying to say that you trying to "interpret" the Bible according to what makes the most sense to you, yourself, rather than just taking whatever it says literally and exactly as it says it goes against the Bible itself and implies that you don't have true faith in Jesus.

Not true at all since this "interpretation" you speak of is in regards to polluting prophecy. It is those who claim "day" to be a literal period of 24 hours who are interpreting. That definition of time directly contradicts how time is portrayed throughout scripture.

These embittered atheists posts you see all over the internet really show the God-shaped holes in the hearts of many atheists. May God have the mercy to open their eyes.

not_here_4_points said:
These embittered atheists posts you see all over the internet really show the God-shaped holes in the hearts of many atheists. May God have the mercy to open their eyes.

God has blinded them and hardened their hearts, and gave up on them and gave them over to reprobate minds. I don't see many of them being converted any time soon.

BasedTruecel said:
Ah, don't let the true copers get to you. No one gets as angry as they did when they are truly right. If someone came to me and said "Bro, moldy cheese is good for you!" I would legit laugh it off and say "haha, yeah, whatever dude, enjoy your moldy cheese sandwich." And that would be the end of it. I wouldn't get so triggered and be like "N-n-no you idiot, YOU FUCKING MORON! Mold is bad for you, it always has been! Oh my God, you're so retarded! Seriously, just kill yourself you're so stupid. Haha fucking moron!" Only ones who do that are ones who's nerves have been struck.

I missed the part where anyone said anything of the kind, or displayed any angst. The only strong emotion you're detecting is amusement and disbelief at your stupidity.

ItheIthe said:
This is an incorrect interpretation of what the Bible says. Many of us know about how Genesis talks about the sun and stars being created one day, animals another, humans another, etc. This author makes the common mistake of taking the word "day" LITERALLY.

Time as we know it is man-made. In prophecy scripture Revelations 8:1 talks about a "half an hour of silence" (Meaning no major developments) in end times prophecy. This obviously doesn't mean a LITERAL half hour of no progressions as one would not expect major world developments within 30 minutes. Rather, it is a way to say that there will be a period of time from one progression to the next. Daniel also makes prophecies about a period of "seventy weeks" in regards to the Abomination of Desolation which aren't meant to be literal weeks, rather, separated periods of time. 2 Peter 3:8 also tells us "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day".

That is all to say the time in the Bible is not interchangeable with human time as we know it. The whole 6000 year argument is based on the premise of God creating each element of creation within a 24 hour time period as we know it, which is a misinterpretation of what Genesis was really saying.

So, in short, you interpret it as literal when it conforms, however vaguely, to present day events and metaphorical when it can clearly be disproven.

existentialhack said:
I missed the part where anyone said anything of the kind, or displayed any angst. The only strong emotion you're detecting is amusement and disbelief at your stupidity.

So, in short, you interpret it as literal when it conforms, however vaguely, to present day events and metaphorical when it can clearly be disproven.

I read it as it is meant to be read.

knajjd said:
that word "day" is "day" as in the 24 hour timeframe rather than the other "day" (dunno how to put it any better). taking it as any different is the twisty thing. who cares about trying to make the Bible's teachings "adhere" to secular science bullshit? if you believe that the Bible is God's word to us and is meant to be understood, then it makes sense that the plainest understanding would be the correct one. o well

Again, the bible is full of examples of time frames not being meant literally.

BasedTruecelGod said:
wants all to 
God has blinded them and hardened their hearts, and gave up on them and gave them over to reprobate minds. I don't see many of them being converted any time soon.

Tbh they do it to themselves, God wants all "to come to repentance" 2 Peter 3:9