Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Saw a movie where 'incel' was used as an insult (SPOILERS)

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
It's called 'Scare Me', and while it had a few funny moments, overall it was stupid. It's on Shudder (streaming service for horror movies) and Amazon Prime. SPOILERS below, but here's a short description.

Two writers, Fred and Fanny, the former an aspiring one and the latter a successful one, are in a cabin during a snowstorm when the power goes out, and decide to scare each other with stories. They first meet while jogging, as both are staying in different cabins to concentrate on their work. When they meet, she's a condescending bitch from the start. During the power outage, she inexplicably shows up at his cabin. She's is a whiny feminist that constantly throws out-of-context SJW white male privilege remarks, and at one point, the guy calls her out on her constant lobbing of stupid comments; her answer to that is "What are you, an incel?" (He's not -- he's Chadlite tier and has an ex-gf). As they're telling each other stories, she constantly corrects him and teaches the "stupid white male" on storytelling. She also likes to humblebrag about her work.
In the middle of the movie, she decides to order pizza, but the strong independent feminist makes Fred pay for it. The delivery man is an ugly frog-faced Tyrone. They tell the Tyrone what's going on (that they're telling scary stories) and he decides to join. The trio get drunk and do coke, but after a while, the Tyrone decides to leave -- he has to deliver more pizzas, casually remarking that he's two hours late (nigger laziness and inefficiency -- the only accurate moment of the film).
They're alone again, and in what seems completely out of character, he has been looking at her notebook, he finds out she sees him as 'fragile' and a failure, he gets pissed off at her, and chases her with an iron poker. He falls during the chase and gets impaled by the iron poker. The end.

Sounds horrible.

sounds like shit

Couldn’t get past the first 15 min

This sounds like the kind of movie that a hamplanet 'femcel' would make

We're mainstream.

When do they retcon Jason as a inkwell?

You think I would care about spoilers on such a thing

Never watch netflix or amazon original movies

i read a review of it.
it's supposed to about the art of good writing.
the foid is supposed to be a good writer and is teaching the man how to tell a good story.
the problem is that the foid was a terrible writer and couldn't tell a good story, except the script insisted she was good.
so it was considered to be a shitty movie.

I was curious enough to google the trailer and already want to strangle the foid writer's actor. The way you described it made the movie sound like satire but are people suppose to actually sympathize with the foid character? She sounds horrible.

I was curious enough to google the trailer and already want to strangle the foid writer's actor. The way you described it made the movie sound like satire but are people suppose to actually sympathize with the foid character? She sounds horrible.

I could not sympathize with the foid character, not for one single second, even though the film was set in a way where the viewer was supposed to side with her. She was a cunt from the second the male protagonist met her (though normies would say she's "assertive")

The writers need to be publicly caged and humiliated for using the word incel