Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Sci-Fi/Adventure books for a bored incel?

QuantumDummy

QuantumDummy

solum
★★★★
I used to enjoy reading and delving into the imaginary world of books. Gonna head to the library today; what are some good books to read?

metro 2033 by dmitry glukhovsky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_2033

Have you read Ender’s game?

KV- said:

No, but I'll check it out. The only book I've read in 5+ years is Fight Club. I lost interest, patience, and the ability to let go and immerse myself in books, which is why I stopped for so long.

nausea said:
metro 2033 by dmitry glukhovsky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_2033

I played the game briefly, was pretty fun. I'll check out the book.

QuantumDummy said:
I played the game briefly, was pretty fun. I'll check out the book.

metro last light ( the sequel ) is good game too, but as a book it's meh

I recently read Tales of Pirx the Pilot by Stanislaw Lem.
Its a collection of short stories, and the one I'd recommend from them is On Patrol, because its a very good portrayal of the horror that comes from being alone in the vast empty space.

Honestly can't get back into books or shows for the life of me. Thank god I still find vidya entertaining.

KV- said:
Read it over the summer, much better than the movie. I love the storyline about the brother and sister manipulating global politics.

QuantumDummy said:
I used to enjoy reading and delving into the imaginary world of books. Gonna head to the library today; what are some good books to read?

Peter Watts - Blindsight and Echopraxia

Cixin Liu - The Remembrance of Earth's Past Trilogy

Roger Williams - The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect
web novel - http://www.localroger.com/prime-intellect/mopiidx.html

The Kingkiller Chronicle,The First Law.

KV- said:

I've read this book upwards of twice per year since I first read it when I was 10. Keep finding something new to ponder, relate to, appreciate.

blickpall said:
I've read this book upwards of twice per year since I first read it when I was 10. Keep finding something new to ponder, relate to, appreciate.

Too bad the normalfags ruined it during the movie.

KV- said:
Too bad the normalfags ruined it during the movie.

Facts. Whenever a bad movie adaptation comes out, it cloud's the mind's eye which imagined the places, people, and events in a different way. The mental imagery struggles to defeat the visual memory, even if I only saw it once and remember it only vaguely, even though I had read the book a dozen times before the movie came out. The latter is perhaps the only reason I still have any vivid imagery left from when I was imagining the settings as an unbridled tween.

the game of thrones books, the dune series, the wheel of time series, there's also a series of books by Lloyd Alexander that were pretty good

also definitely read ender's game.