Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Self-love as an incel

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
I'm putting extraordinary effort into my attempt not to be a little ball of hatred, anxiety and depression. Cucks often say "oh, if no one loves you, just love yourself :soy: " but how am I realistically supposed to do that as an incel?

I've tried these gratitude journals and gratitude guided meditations and once I thank my parents for letting me live in their home and eat their food (although they get narcissistic pleasure from keeping me dependent and helpless, I wrote a thread about it before) and artists for making copes I enjoy, that's it. There's really not much I can be grateful for and thinking about it just makes me more miserable. I've read that while meditation is generally good for mental health, people with severe depression can get even worse with it and I think I'm one of these people.

>oh, I'm SO GRATEFUL that the cashier in the store didn't just outright stab me in the neck but instead just stared angrily at me and didn't respond to my "good morning" and "have a nice day" like she does with everyone else
What am I supposed to be thankful for? "I'm thankful for my body" as I sit here mustering all my strength to ignore the roar of tinnitus and agonizing sciatic pain. "I'm thankful for the air" as I hear the soft hum of my air purifier because Poland has the shittiest air in Europe. "I'm thankful for the water" as I need to purify absolutely everything. "I'm thankful for my friends" -- OOPS, I DON'T HAVE ANY.

It feels like someone in the eighth circle of hell being thankful for not being in the ninth circle. The rare good things that happen to me (I'm not talking about good interactions, these never happen, I talk about finding a fun TV show or a book) seem cruel, as if they only existed to give me barely enough hope to keep going and not kill myself, just keep suffering forever, sustained by these rare sparks of hope.

It seems like the only way to be thankful as an incel is adopting this cucked cultish mentality of "oh, I'm so terrible, I deserve death and torture but alas the world is only a little cruel to me!". I do think the world owes me good treatment -- you got me here, you should give me the bare minimum. If you invited someone to a party, prepared nothing and were mean all the time, you wouldn't go "oh, you should be thankful, I could've locked the doors and murdered you". That's not even the best analogy because I haven't accepted any invitation to life, I was forced here and I'm supposed to be thankful for it and expect absolutely nothing.

I've tried these gratitude journals and gratitude guided meditations and once I thank my parents for letting me live in their home and eat their food (although they get narcissistic pleasure from keeping me dependent and helpless, I wrote a thread about it before) and artists for making copes I enjoy, that's it. There's really not much I can be grateful for and thinking about it just makes me more miserable. I've read that while meditation is generally good for mental health, people with severe depression can get even worse with it and I think I'm one of these people.
On meditation:
What you do is waste time lol, that's what meditation is

If you literally just carried the process (closing your eyes, calming your mind, calm breathing, etc) to its logical conclusion (go to sleep), you'd benefit way more. You'd be calm, well rested, have more energy, your stress levels would go down, etc

Meditation is literally just half assed sleep, you get none of the benefits of sleep (significant reduction in stress levels and an increase in energy) and none of the benefits of being awake (completing necessary tasks or leisure activities)

Its nothing but a placebo that wastes time

Got a new H game and spent about four hours today loving myself, if you catch my drift.

Merry Christmas to me. :dab:

It's impossible to love yourself. That's like saying you can be envious of yourself.

I'm putting extraordinary effort into my attempt not to be a little ball of hatred, anxiety and depression. Cucks often say "oh, if no one loves you, just love yourself :soy: " but how am I realistically supposed to do that as an incel?

>oh, I'm SO GRATEFUL that the cashier in the store didn't just outright stab me in the neck but instead just stared angrily at me and didn't respond to my "good morning" and "have a nice day" like she does with everyone else
What am I supposed to be thankful for? "I'm thankful for my body" as I sit here mustering all my strength to ignore the roar of tinnitus and agonizing sciatic pain. "I'm thankful for the air" as I hear the soft hum of my air purifier because Poland has the shittiest air in Europe. "I'm thankful for the water" as I need to purify absolutely everything. "I'm thankful for my friends" -- OOPS, I DON'T HAVE ANY.

It feels like someone in the eighth circle of hell being thankful for not being in the ninth circle. The rare good things that happen to me (I'm not talking about good interactions, these never happen, I talk about finding a fun TV show or a book) seem cruel, as if they only existed to give me barely enough hope to keep going and not kill myself, just keep suffering forever, sustained by these rare sparks of hope.

It seems like the only way to be thankful as an incel is adopting this cucked cultish mentality of "oh, I'm so terrible, I deserve death and torture but alas the world is only a little cruel to me!". I do think the world owes me good treatment -- you got me here, you should give me the bare minimum. If you invited someone to a party, prepared nothing and were mean all the time, you wouldn't go "oh, you should be thankful, I could've locked the doors and murdered you". That's not even the best analogy because I haven't accepted any invitation to life, I was forced here and I'm supposed to be thankful for it and expect absolutely nothing.

Why do you need someone to love you though?

Why do you need to "love yourself"?

Just seems like pointless egoism to me

The you that you are now, is just the you that you happened to be born as, there's no reason to "love" yourself just for existing and love has nothing to do with what makes life enjoyable

Loving yourself doesn't make entertainment more entertaining, it doesn't make food more delicious, it doesn't make sleep more restful

It has nothing to do with the objective reality of existence

Seek satisfaction in life not love

I love myself. I do not base my worth in what females or people in general think of me. I am stronger than and mentally superior to them, so why should I care about them? They should be the ones caring about me. Confidence is a bluepilled meme though.

I thank my parents for letting me live in their home and eat their food (although they get narcissistic pleasure from keeping me dependent and helpless, I wrote a thread about it before)
Dude, my Mom/Grandma is like that ngl. Sometimes when my Grandma would buy groceries and should say stuff like: "Oh what would you and your brother do without me" statements like that would rub me the wrong way. Also, I remember when my mom compared our situation to poor families and would say: "Aren't you glad you have us to clothe you and feed you" even though my mom/grandma barely taught me and my brother practical skills. I would always noticed to grin they would make on their faces from saying that, and me and my brother would have to say "Yes, we know". While I'm grateful for stuff like that, they rub it in our faces. Soon I'm going start buying my own groceries once I get my drivers license.

While i don't love myself i am thankful for the stuff i have(or rather the stuff my parents have). Im not exactly in the best position in life but i remember that it could be a helluva lot worse, like i could have born with some rare disease that would make my life utter hell.

How can you love yourself when nobody else does?
While i don't love myself i am thankful for the stuff i have(or rather the stuff my parents have). Im not exactly in the best position in life but i remember that it could be a helluva lot worse, like i could have born with some rare disease that would make my life utter hell.
That rare disease would have at least cut your life short.

Didn’t want to read

The you that you are now, is just the you that you happened to be born as, there's no reason to "love" yourself just for existing and love has nothing to do with what makes life enjoyable

Loving yourself doesn't make entertainment more entertaining, it doesn't make food more delicious, it doesn't make sleep more restful

It has nothing to do with the objective reality of existence

Seek satisfaction in life not love
So you know better than all the ancient cultures that utilize meditation?.... of course you fucking do arrogant fuck.

Why are you wasting your time writing in a forum of us loser incels? shouldn't you be "moneymaxxing" oh wait... it's because you're a fucking loser @BlkPillPres

Get back on your fucking rat wheel, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! make that money, slave. Just run faster! and make sure to pay that tax to your OWNERS...

Probably have me blocked knowing how much of bitch you are.

Rich coming from you.

So you know better than all the ancient cultures that utilize meditation?

1. Are the correct by virtue of being ancient? I think you should google "appeal to tradition" or " appeal to antiquity", what you are saying is literally a known fallacy, also last time I checked, science has proven a lot of what past cultures thought about reality wrong, I mean a lot of these "ancient cultures" attributed lightning and thunder to the wrath of Gods, Demons, etc, by your retard logic I guess they were right about that by virtue of being ancient culutures

2. What the hell does meditation have to do with anything here, are you retarded?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you smoke weed too or do some kind of drug lol

Why are you wasting your time writing in a forum of us loser incels? shouldn't you be "moneymaxxing"

1. I have some free time, its up to me to decide whether its a waste or not where I spend it

2. I don't think you get how "passive income" works idiot, you create assets, you add them to listings online, people buy and you get sales, so while sales are coming in there's no "maxxing" for me to do, the income is passive (and I made 3 sales starting from yesterday)

you're a fucking loser @BlkPillPres

Yes, for now

In your case its going to be forever since you are doing nothing with your fucking life lol

Get back on your fucking rat wheel, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! make that money, slave. Just run faster! and make sure to pay that tax to your OWNERS...

Meditation plus this nonsense, somebody's been taking in too much hippie content :feelskek:

Last edited:
You can love parts of yourself while hating other parts. I don't hate my personality, but I hate my looks and my inability to attract w*men.

You can love parts of yourself while hating other parts. I don't hate my personality, but I hate my looks and my inability to attract w*men.

I am indifferent, for me whether I hate or love myself or not is inconsequential to the desires I have which are a more pressing issue

As much as you hate yourself you are still going to eat, you aren't going to starve yourself out of spite for whatever aspect of yourself you hate, and as much as so many users like they say they hate themselves they've yet to kill themselves and they keep on living, so clearly living and everything that it entails is of more importance than what you think about yourself

None of that shit matters, the only things that matter are those related to the biological realities that you face day to day

If you woke up tomorrow and felt like you really loved yourself, would your life actually be any better (objectively)?

No, you'd still be an incel, all the problems you had yesterday you'd still have today, self love doesn't matter, its like a distraction people find to occupy themselves, like when normies tell you to "work on your personality", it doesn't lead anywhere

I feel you tbh, the issue isn't with these things we try to not feel like complete crap, normal folks might do it too but for us we are using them to fill such a big void in our life.

"Love yourself" is just something mentally lazy foids say to shift any expectation that they should or even could love you from themselves onto you yourself. The full sentence is therefore "Love yourself, I nor anyone else ever will".

Fucking Irritates me when normies say that dumb bullshit about "loving yourself".
How can you love yourself when nobody else does?

Good lifefuel

“you have to love yourself” is mindless noise that normies love to spout.
Thats why reasoning with them is a dangerous game as an incel.

They will never understand an incels problems, it is complete utter BS.