Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Should I get laser eye surgery

Aribaa

Aribaa

Officer
★★★
As a high myopiacel I went for a consultation for Laser eye surgery. It will cost $5,000. I'm sick and tired if being blind af whilst others can see for free. Should i spend this much? Any incels had experience with laser eye?

Aren’t there some risks ? Anyways OP it comes down to your decision, but i’d say go for it even though i don’t see what’s wrong with glasses

Aren’t there some risks ? Anyways OP it comes down to your decision, but i’d say go for it even though i don’t see what’s wrong with glasses
I hate wearing glasses. Makes me look even more incel

I did it, but I got PRK. I think it's worth it for not being a slave to glasses or contacts anymore.

I did it, but I got PRK. I think it's worth it for not being a slave to glasses or contacts anymore.
I'm too blind for PRK. How was the procedure and is your vision stable?

I'm too blind for PRK. How was the procedure and is your vision stable?
It went ok, except the first and second week were the hardest because of the pain and vision blur and having to remember to put drops in my eyes and having to wear goggles when I slept so my eyes won't get rubbed. But I see pretty well now as if I were wearing glasses.

do it or get blind

nah man i wouldnt for that price

I had LASIK last year, and it's one of the best decisions I've made. I was severely short-sighted, but now my eyesight is incredible. I have 20/15 vision - the best way I can describe it is like seeing everything in high-definition. Like you, I hated wearing glasses, and I didn't want to have to deal with contact lenses for the rest of my life. I'd highly recommend it if you can afford it.

On the other hand I'd say I had poor results. My vision is shit and I have permanent dry eye. Getting lasik is my biggest regret.

On the other hand I'd say I had poor results. My vision is shit and I have permanent dry eye. Getting lasik is my biggest regret.
PRK is better. I only get a little dry eye sometimes, but it gets lesser every year.

I would be scared can u go blind? :feelstrash:

You can cure myopia naturally. Don't take the jew laser

Not worth it. Your vision wil deteriorate quicker with age.

When did you get it done?

I still have dry eye in the morning, but it's not terrible. I used a plethora of eye drops for the first few weeks after surgery but now I only use lubricating drops once a day - first thing in the morning.

When did you get it done?

I still have dry eye in the morning, but it's not terrible. I used a plethora of eye drops for the first few weeks after surgery but now I only use lubricating drops once a day - first thing in the morning.
2 years ago. I don't even use eye drops since they do nothing for me.

I would be scared can u go blind? :feelstrash:
yeah there is risk of being blind and having problems with eyes
personally i would prefer colored contacts

WARNING
This shit can ruin your life if you're not careful. You have to be aware of your low light pupil size because if your pupil is larger than the effective laser area (6.5mm with most lasers, pupils can be up to 9mm in size) you'll get terrible starbursts, halos and light sensitivity at night. This shit can ruin your life at night making it almost impossible to drive and see shit at night.

Another almost guaranteed temporary issue you'll have is dry eyes for up to a year or two. For some the dryness never goes away completely and you might be forced to use eye drops for the rest of your life.
Then there's "floaters", low light condition issues (blurry computer monitor if there's not enough ambient lighting), blurry phone display in dark etc.

I almost had the surgery, but my myopia isn't that bad. I'm aware Americans use a different system for eyesight, but in Europe we use numbers from around -15 to +15 with minus being nearsightedness.

I have fairly mild nearsightedness of -0.5 on left eye and -0.75 on right with 0.5 astigmatism. I can see everything around me and I can drive, but I can't watch tv without squinting from more than 8-10ft away. I can't read small text on the TV without squinting from that distance.
I took the preliminary test and check up and it was determined that my pupils are unusually large (8.6 - 8.8mm.)

The doctors there told me I "could" have some issues at night. It's not "could", you WILL have these issues if your pupils are larger than the operating area of the laser. It's simple physics and refraction. Doctors are often scum and they won't tell you the whole truth.
Research this shit before doing the surgery.

If your eyesight is extremely bad to the point of being basically blind without glasses it might be worth it even with fucked up vision at night. Just keep in mind, starbursts, halos and other night and low light vision problems in general CANNOT be fixed. You're stuck with that shit.

If your pupils are normal (6-7mm), you'll most likely be 100% fine, but there's a 1-2% chance something will go wrong.
This is a huge decision and you have to think about it long and hard. You have to know more about this shit before considering it.
If you don't know your pupil size, eye pressure, cornea thickness, DON'T DO IT. Don't rush. Consult doctors and ask them questions and ask for detailed and honest answers. Do not let them do the operation without knowing your low light pupil size and them explaining everything.

Last edited:
Im happy with my glasses tbh.

Sure you should go for it OP

i forgive u since u r my first brother here
:feelstrash: :feelshehe: YESSS
D47urxfotru21

If it bothers you that much, go for it. My friend did it but i dont know the details.

i was thinking about it too. I have -4 prescription on both eyes. I would really like to have 20/20 vision again