Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Should I take up alcohol to cope?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6214
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6214

Self-banned
-
I'm 23 and never touched any alcohol in my life. The main reason is because my dad doesn't let me.

He himself was addicted to alcohol for many years before he quit about 15 years ago. My grandfather and his brother were also addicted to it. I think alcohol addiction runs in my family.

But I need something to cope with this pain. What type is best for drowning away my sorrows? Beer, whiskey, vodka, etc.

I think you should try it out.
But you will probably regret it.

It will backfire.

Do what you gotta do.

No dude it will increase your suffering I promise

I'm 23 and never touched any alcohol in my life. The main reason is because my dad doesn't let me.

He himself was addicted to alcohol for many years before he quit about 15 years ago. My grandfather and his brother were also addicted to it. I think alcohol addiction runs in my family.

But I need something to cope with this pain. What type is best for drowning away my sorrows? Beer, whiskey, vodka, etc.
No, weed is all u need

ehi try it, if it runs in your family you probably are gonna take it very well...

It will backfire.
This.

If anything, use alcohol Twice a week MAX. Once you use it every other day, it will turn into every day, and then you'll become an alcoholic who fucks his life up.

No dude it will increase your suffering I promise
tbh. Plus alcoholics lose their looks (skin goes to shit, get fat, age faster, etc.) so its even more not worth it.

Try smoking weed. I personally think its better than alcohol

Do it and go with whisky or tequila if you like lemon/ lime

One thing I’m proud of is that I’ve never touched alcohol.

It's pointless. Drinking alone makes you feel even more like a failure and physically you'll feel like shit for a week if you go overboard(which is the goal). There a are better copes to spend your money on.

Do what you gotta do.
@FinnCel @PPEcel alcohol is a truly great cope. Once I discovered it college got better and life in general got more bearable. OP should really take it up. JFL if you care about “the consequences of drinking” as an incel.

I'd say do what must.
But I warn you, alcohol is a hard drug. It will lead to more suffering and worsen depression. Hospital bills, nights in the drunk tank, fine for drinking or being fucked up in public, inability to do other shit, etc. Etc. It is truly a downward spiral that will lead to severe illness and death. If not from the internal effects then from doing something stupid like taking a nap on the railway tracks. I've done that. Waking up to a speeding locomotive blaring at you with no way to stop isn't fun. Luckily from odd reason - which if I weren't a staunch atheist I would call a miracle - right before I passed out I somehow cooked up some sense for a brief second and threw myself off to the side of the tracks. When I woke up I looked down to my feet just as the train sped by blaring at me no more than 40cm away.

This is solely due to being drunk as fuck. The very same day I continued drinking, passed out in a McDolanld's washroom, and woke up in the hospital anyway. That's 45 bucks right there for the ambulance and I can't remember if I got a ticket that night but it's 65 for being drunk in public and 125 for open liquor.

It loses its charm very quickly.

I don't know it every time I got drunk(twice in my life) I felt like absolute shit the next day couldn't eat anything without vomiting all over the place tbh.Try it if you really want though

Only a bit and only when there is nothing better around.

@FinnCel @PPEcel alcohol is a truly great cope. Once I discovered it college got better and life in general got more bearable. OP should really take it up. JFL if you care about “the consequences of drinking” as an incel.

The U.S. drinking age is just ridiculous, love living in Euroland

Its a good cope for a while, and then it messes up your life

If you don't wanna read this TLDR and get real advice then my short answer is absolutely not.

I'm in my 30s. Most of my siblings, and my dad are alcoholics but my little brother doesn't drink at all. Your family might be prone to getting addicted to alcohol but not you. If you are the depressed introverted type with some anxiety, chances are you WILL become addicted to it. Alcohol helps greatly for the moment but it absolutely wrecks you mentally, physically, and socially down the road.

I'm slowly recovering from alcohol addiction and I have lost a couple of really close friends from high school in the past couple of years. They weren't really good friends come to think about it. I already told them I had an alcohol problem and they took personal offense in it when I kept flaking out due to being hungover. It happens to every alcoholic.

I haven't been drinking much for the past few weeks even with the shelter in place order going on. Just a couple of times.

Long term effects of binge drinking often will destroy you. Mentally your anxiety gets even worst even though you drink to lessen your anxiety. You start panicking out of nowhere especially around people or foids. Physically your overall health deteriorates but the worst is dry skin on your face. Makes you look a lot older. I have psoriasis for instance. Flaky white subtance and red spots all over my face. Socially, you start to lose the few friends you had.

You might think you've made some new friends at the bar you frequent often where you blow huge amounts of money away (where you throw your life away). But after a while you discover none of those new friends that you made who are regular at bars are normal people. They're all alcoholics with varying degrees of issues. Some can moderate their consumption better than others but theyre all alcoholics nonetheless.

What it does to your work life and finances is even worst. You become far less productive. You show up late or don't show up at all. You stop doing basic accounting to save up and look out for your future.

Next time you look at all the houses in the hills lined up with multiple cars per household, remember this; those people are not alcoholics. If they were, those houses and cars won't exist and if they did they would be run down and dilpidated looking. In fact I think if all people were alcoholics there would be no nice standard houses in the suburbs. It would be slum apartments as far as the eye could see.

Last edited:
Do it tbh, u don't have a lot to lose ngl

The U.S. drinking age is just ridiculous, love living in Euroland
Yea. Thank god my fake ID works pretty much without question at any store. I was in hell before I had it.

If you dad was an alcoholic, you probably have some degree of predisposition to alcoholism, so the answer to your question is a solid NO.

As people already mentioned above, it will fuck you up to no end.

I would normally suggest trying it but if alcoholism runs in your family then don't. It's a fucking hard drug to get off. Maybe just smoke weed or something if you haven't before.

As for the best "type" it doesn't make a difference although most normie retards think it does, but it's just the overall amount of ethanol and when it was consumed which effects the high. Taste varies by person, many people can't stomach spirits at all at first.
Lol this is pretty legit, literally who the fuck cares about long term health as an incel. Only real risk is alcoholism because that can fuck up your day to day life, but yeah JFL about caring about some health issue 30+ years from now.
That's 45 bucks right there for the ambulance and I can't remember if I got a ticket that night but it's 65 for being drunk in public and 125 for open liquor.
Lol I liked the story. Funny to think that if this happened in the UK it wouldn't have cost you a penny (free healthcare, legal to be drunk in public but not "disorderly", and no law against "open liquor" either).

Last edited:
I drink up to 200ml of Vodka a day but I'm not addicted; can abstain for the next 2 weeks without adverse effect.

Some WHO expert from Finland by the name of Kari something says it's ok to drink up to 13 units of alcohol per day.

One bottle of wine is about 10 units.

Also the J-curve theory - those who abstain live shorter lives compared to those who drink moderately.

I would normally suggest trying it but if alcoholism runs in your family then don't. It's a fucking hard drug to get off. Maybe just smoke weed or something if you haven't before.

As for the best "type" it doesn't make a difference although most normie retards think it does, but it's just the overall amount of ethanol and when it was consumed which effects the high. Taste varies by person, many people can't stomach spirits at all at first.

Lol this is pretty legit, literally who the fuck cares about long term health as an incel. Only real risk is alcoholism because that can fuck up your day to day life, but yeah JFL about caring about some health issue 30+ years from now.

Lol I liked the story. Funny to think that if this happened in the UK it wouldn't have cost you a penny (free healthcare, legal to be drunk in public but not "disorderly", and no law against "open liquor" either).

It is usually the same here. This is Canada. It costs nothing to BE in hospital. Ambulances cost a 45 'co-payment' as the real cost is hundreds more. It's not me calling them. And yes, passing out stone cold unresponsive to even severe pain is usually disorderly. Open liquor is a charge only the most asshole cops lay. Most just realize how fucked up the situation is don't bother making it worse.

If you want recreational drugs, look into weed or psychedelics.

If you want uppers, look into synthetic new-generation performance enhancing drugs.

Stay away from alcohol, it will fuck your life up for good. You may thing you have nothing left to lose - trust me, you are wrong

It is a good cope,but like with any other drug,better don't start it unless you have discipline/willpower

Try some beer to begin with it