should quote-only replies be disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wizard32

Wizard32

Captain
-
As a followup to https://incels.co/threads/retard-why-do-i-keep-seeing-blank-posts.158853/

I know in other forums if I have tried to reply without actually typing something after a quote (in my case this is because my reply was just an image, not because I was doing a quote-only reply) I've actually been unable to post it, as the system detects it as a problem and says I need to type a reply, basically that my post is "empty"

Is there any way to enable that here without disabling image-only replies too?

If there was, is it worth doing, or is allowing quote-only replies something important?

It kind of seems like a silly reason to bump a thread. Like maybe we should just instate a "like post" function (I've seen this on other forums) to be used in lieu of quote-only replies to show support for a reply without actually giving feedback.

I suppose the difference though is that likes don't specify which part of a post you like, while selective quoting does allow you to emphasize which part you like by paring it down.

I've actually used it myself, albeit what I will usually do is do something like bold or enhance font size to emphasize which portion I want to highlight, like if there is a spelling mistake or other hilarious flub.

Damo the incel

Damo the incel

Tfu on ugly femorloids
-
As a followup to https://incels.co/threads/retard-why-do-i-keep-seeing-blank-posts.158853/

I know in other forums if I have tried to reply without actually typing something after a quote (in my case this is because my reply was just an image, not because I was doing a quote-only reply) I've actually been unable to post it, as the system detects it as a problem and says I need to type a reply, basically that my post is "empty"

Is there any way to enable that here without disabling image-only replies too?

If there was, is it worth doing, or is allowing quote-only replies something important?

It kind of seems like a silly reason to bump a thread. Like maybe we should just instate a "like post" function (I've seen this on other forums) to be used in lieu of quote-only replies to show support for a reply without actually giving feedback.

I suppose the difference though is that likes don't specify which part of a post you like, while selective quoting does allow you to emphasize which part you like by paring it down.

I've actually used it myself, albeit what I will usually do is do something like bold or enhance font size to emphasize which portion I want to highlight, like if there is a spelling mistake or other hilarious flub.

RemoveNormalfags

RemoveNormalfags

no one has ever accepted me
-
It shouldn't be overused, but I think it's a nice way to agree to someone.

Daydreamincel

Daydreamincel

Incel Incarnate
-
Wizard32

Wizard32

Captain
-
Postmaxxers tend to do this quite often.
A valid point. Perhaps in addition to a "messages" post count, we should also have a "characters" count, or maybe an "average characters per post" count to get an idea of mean habits?

TheSecondComing

TheSecondComing

no looks no life
-
A valid point. Perhaps in addition to a "messages" post count, we should also have a "characters" count, or maybe an "average characters per post" count to get an idea of mean habits?
no

Sadness

Sadness

Godpilled
-

Anonymous MG

Anonymous MG

Maycel
-
No, it gives me a dopamine rush when seeing the bell with a red 1 next to it.
Also, it's the only way we have of "liking" people's posts.

ThoughtfulCel

ThoughtfulCel

G.O.R.I.L.L.A.Maxing
-
No, it gives me a dopamine rush when seeing the bell with a red 1 next to it.
Also, it's the only way we have of "liking" people's posts.
This. If they get removed we should at least have a like system in replace of it. Though I can see a like system making the community even worse.

blickpall

blickpall

O T L
-
1. Upvote system will never be allowed, go back to Reddit for that

2. Establishing a minimum character count is just an invitation for people to type "tbh" or "tbhtbh" or "tbhtbhngl it's over" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.