Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill [STUDY] Human touch makes us feel happy and relaxed, couples sleeping together have better REM sleep, autistic people are hormonally sleep impaired

"Why do you care about sex and relationships??? :soy::soy:"

Simply sleeping in the same bed as your gf/wife will improve your sleep. Simply being touched by someone will release hormones that will relax you, make you feel happy and positive and thus also help you to sleep

"Bed-Sharing in Couples Is Associated With Increased and Stabilized REM Sleep and Sleep-Stage Synchronization"

"Results: As compared to sleeping individually, co-sleeping was associated with about 10% more REM sleep, less fragmented REM sleep (p = 0.008), longer undisturbed REM fragments (p = 0.0006), and more limb movements (p = 0.007)."

:feelsStudy: This is interesting but from what I've read they don't really have a clear explanation as for why this is the case

:feelsstudy: I have a hypothesis which i will back up with studies:

Hypothesis: Bed-sharing couples sleep better because of human touch. Human touch produces serotonin which is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep

:feelsStudy: Let's back up the fact that simple human touch will increase your serotonin level

Cortisol decreases and serotonin and dopamine increase following massage therapy

In studies in which cortisol was assayed either in saliva or in urine, significant decreases were noted in cortisol levels (averaging decreases 31%). In studies in which the activating neurotransmitters (serotonin and dopamine) were assayed in urine, an average increase of 28% was noted for serotonin and an average increase of 31% was noted for dopamine.

:feelsStudy: The decrease in cortisol and increase in dopamine are already interesting but it is the serotonin increase that interests me the most

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is associated with relaxation, positivity, a sense of feeling good etc. It's the happiness drug of our body.
That alone sounds like it would help you sleep right? Well it gets better: serotonin is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep (see pic below)

:feelsstudy: Melatonin regulates our circadian rythm (the body's internal clock in layman's terms) and it is the key to good sleep. Melatonin is often used to treat sleep disorders or to promote a better sleep. I've put 2 studies on melatonin in the spoiler if you're interested

The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature​

Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders​

:blackpill: IF YOU ARE LONELY YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON GOOD SLEEP ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE

BONUS BLACKPILL: Autistic people are known to have disturbances in the serotonin-melatonin pathway. They're sleep impaired on a hormonal level
If you're autistic and have trouble sleeping it could be because of your autism. Roughly 50-80% of autistic children suffer from sleep disorders

Can't fucking catch a break ffs @Atavistic Autist

WHITEPILL: Supplementing Melatonin did help autistic people sleep, but it did not fix the problem entirely

:feelsstudy: But if supplementing melatonin helped autistic people sleep then I think being in a relationship would also help them. But we all know how fucked those people are when it comes to dating ...

@Selinity @soymonkcel

@SergeantIncel @Master

Last edited:
I hate touching another person while sleeping

The autism bit is interesting. My sleeping is very erratic. The human touch thing is a no brainer.

The autism bit is interesting. My sleeping is very erratic. The human touch thing is a no brainer.
Autistic people can't even sleep in peace, so brutal :feelsbadman:

You should try melatonin tho

This is why suicide is the only way to feel at peace if youre autistic

Not even being knocked out or sleeping helps

Simply being touched by someone will release hormones that will relax you,
I know it and I've written about it before :

"What I want to say is this : this simple contact, this desirable woman snuggling up against my body, it immediately calmed me in a way that is hard to describe. [...] in the first few seconds it really felt like I was recharging something that was missing in my body and mind."

Last edited:

"What I want to say is this : this simple contact, this desirable woman snuggling up against my body, it immediately calmed me in a way that is hard to describe. [...] in the first few seconds it really felt like I was recharging something that was missing in my body and mind."

Brutal as fuck because it wasn't even a hug or anything that deep yet it had such a profound effect

I got a bodypillow to cuddle up to. Definitely improved my sleep.

I might get a heating blanket or something one day to stuff in there, to improve coping quality.

The closest approximation to cuddling for autists is NEETdom.

Yeah I think it's oxytocin directly that helps you. Some studies even show that it helps you heal faster

Maybe if I close my eyes really hard then my brain won't notice how pathetic my reality is

"Why do you care about sex and relationships??? :soy::soy:"

Simply sleeping in the same bed as your gf/wife will improve your sleep. Simply being touched by someone will release hormones that will relax you, make you feel happy and positive and thus also help you to sleep

"Bed-Sharing in Couples Is Associated With Increased and Stabilized REM Sleep and Sleep-Stage Synchronization"

"Results: As compared to sleeping individually, co-sleeping was associated with about 10% more REM sleep, less fragmented REM sleep (p = 0.008), longer undisturbed REM fragments (p = 0.0006), and more limb movements (p = 0.007)."

:feelsStudy: This is interesting but from what I've read they don't really have a clear explanation as for why this is the case

:feelsstudy: I have a hypothesis which i will back up with studies:

Hypothesis: Bed-sharing couples sleep better because of human touch. Human touch produces serotonin which is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep

:feelsStudy: Let's back up the fact that simple human touch will increase your serotonin level

Cortisol decreases and serotonin and dopamine increase following massage therapy

In studies in which cortisol was assayed either in saliva or in urine, significant decreases were noted in cortisol levels (averaging decreases 31%). In studies in which the activating neurotransmitters (serotonin and dopamine) were assayed in urine, an average increase of 28% was noted for serotonin and an average increase of 31% was noted for dopamine.

:feelsStudy: The decrease in cortisol and increase in dopamine are already interesting but it is the serotonin increase that interests me the most

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is associated with relaxation, positivity, a sense of feeling good etc. It's the happiness drug of our body.
That alone sounds like it would help you sleep right? Well it gets better: serotonin is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep (see pic below)

:feelsstudy: Melatonin regulates our circadian rythm (the body's internal clock in layman's terms) and it is the key to good sleep. Melatonin is often used to treat sleep disorders or to promote a better sleep. I've put 2 studies on melatonin in the spoiler if you're interested

The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature​

Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders​

:blackpill: IF YOU ARE LONELY YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON GOOD SLEEP ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE

View attachment 390918

BONUS BLACKPILL: Autistic people are known to have disturbances in the serotonin-melatonin pathway. They're sleep impaired on a hormonal level
If you're autistic and have trouble sleeping it could be because of your autism. Roughly 50-80% of autistic children suffer from sleep disorders

WHITEPILL: Supplementing Melatonin did help autistic people sleep, but it did not fix the problem entirely

:feelsstudy: But if supplementing melatonin helped autistic people sleep then I think being in a relationship would also help them. But we all know how fucked those people are when it comes to dating ...

@Selinity @soymonkcel

@SergeantIncel @Master

Late, but anyways, good post.

When I was younger and I moved into a bigger house I'd sleep with my parents some times because going to sleep was infinitely better, and simply knowing that someone else is beside you was enough to get me feeling comfortable. I never knew why but this post has a good explanation for the sensation.

Also, sleeping together with someone besides increasing your quality of sleep will also improve your relationship with said person, your work habits and your attitude:

Late, but anyways, good post.

When I was younger and I moved into a bigger house I'd sleep with my parents some times because going to sleep was infinitely better, and simply knowing that someone else is beside you was enough to get me feeling comfortable. I never knew why but this post has a good explanation for the sensation.

Also, sleeping together with someone besides increasing your quality of sleep will also improve your relationship with said person, your work habits and your attitude:

Children also have less nightmares and night terros when they sleep with their parents

Children also have less nightmares and night terros when they sleep with their parents

I like three posts i'm going to be dropping in ID soon, I'll post one once the member count hits peak numbers

My sleeping patterns are all over the place and I’m autistic. Once again autistic people lose out. Fuck this gay earth.

My sleeping patterns are all over the place and I’m autistic. Once again autistic people lose out. Fuck this gay earth.
Try melatonin bro.

I am tired all the time and always find myself staying up until 8 am eventually. I then have to stay up all day to reset my sleep schedule which is miserable, I drink so much caffeine and I have anxiety so it makes me so anxious , it makes me feel so garbage I genuinely would rather just keep a fucked sleep schedule.

Tldr being a virgin incel is literally killing us

You are not entitled to REM sleep inkel. :soy:

I am tired all the time and always find myself staying up until 8 am eventually. I then have to stay up all day to reset my sleep schedule which is miserable, I drink so much caffeine and I have anxiety so it makes me so anxious , it makes me feel so garbage I genuinely would rather just keep a fucked sleep schedule.

Tldr being a virgin incel is literally killing us
Nothing to live for, no one to live for, no one to comfort you in bed :feelsbadman::feelscry: Lonely life is so brutal

Fuck so that's why my sleep schedule is a mess while I'm also tired 24/7

Fuck so that's why my sleep schedule is a mess while I'm also tired 24/7
Same. I have mild insomnia. It's very hard for me to fall asleep quickly unless I purposely deprive myself of sleep to reset my schedule. I wake up multiple times throughout the night and can't seem to fall asleep and stay asleep. Especially in the summer when the climate rises. I feel exhausted and tired all the time even after waking up from 8.5 hours of sleep but I'm used to it. I'm probably not gonna outlive my father tbh. A fucked sleep schedule can chip off years to your life overtime. Leads to a ton of other health problems too

Same. I have mild insomnia. It's very hard for me to fall asleep quickly unless I purposely deprive myself of sleep to reset my schedule. I wake up multiple times throughout the night and can't seem to fall asleep and stay asleep. Especially in the summer when the climate rises. I feel exhausted and tired all the time even after waking up from 8.5 hours of sleep but I'm used to it. I'm probably not gonna outlive my father tbh. A fucked sleep schedule can chip off years to your life overtime. Leads to a ton of other health problems too
Sleeping is also important for test production. Being sleep deprived reduces your test

Sleeping is also important for test production. Being sleep deprived reduces your test
And it always still feels like there's zero time in the day to study/even get things done. It goes by so fast when you have important deadlines to meet. At least for me. Why did humans needs this much sleep? I wish we could survive off 4 hours or less

And it always still feels like there's zero time in the day to study/even get things done. It goes by so fast when you have important deadlines to meet. At least for me. Why did humans needs this much sleep? I wish we could survive off 4 hours or less
There's a drug for narcoleptics, name starts with an X but I forgot the name. It supposedly makes you hit REM sleep immediately allowing you to sleep only a couple of hours per day and feel great.

But it costs 6 figures per year jfl

Edit: It's Xyrem i think

There's a drug for narcoleptics, name starts with an X but I forgot the name. It supposedly makes you hit REM sleep immediately allowing you to sleep only a couple of hours per day and feel great.

But it costs 6 figures per year jfl

Edit: It's Xyrem i think
Damn. Maybe that's what CEOs and large business owners take to be more productive and efficient during the day. I always wondered how they had so much time in the day to get 2-3 days worth of work done within one day. I used to question if they were human at all because of the lack of sleep it'd require to be that on top of things lol. A lot of them used to just tell people "wake up early and go to bed early and you'll get more done in the day" lol. I did this and technically it's only true for school. I noticed my study habits did get better so it only really applies to school for me. In terms of work, work is work so it doesn't really matter considering not everyone has a typical 9-5 work day (and most people I know are already sleep deprived from fast-paced, anxiety inducing life). And normies say our ancestors had it worse than us JFL

Damn. Maybe that's what CEOs and large business owners take to be more productive and efficient during the day. I always wondered how they had so much time in the day to get 2-3 days worth of work done within one day. I used to question if they were human at all because of the lack of sleep it'd require to be that on top of things lol. A lot of them used to just tell people "wake up early and go to bed early and you'll get more done in the day" lol. I did this and technically it's only true for school. I noticed my study habits did get better so it only really applies to school for me. In terms of work, work is work so it doesn't really matter considering not everyone has a typical 9-5 work day (and most people I know are already sleep deprived from fast-paced, anxiety inducing life). And normies say our ancestors had it worse than us JFL
This guy is an expert on sleep and said there's a very rare gene that allows people to sleep 3-4 hours and be fine, whereas 99% of people don't function well with less than 7 hours (even if they don't realize it). He said many CEOs have this gene. Don't have the timestamp tho

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaWilO_Pig

@Selinity @soymonkcel

@SergeantIncel @Master
I am also part of that statistic unfortunately, My sleep is absolute garbage. I get headaches everytime I wake up.
I was diagnosed with ASD as well.

1-jpg.344299

^When a normie says that sex is overrated and doesn't really matter all that much

This guy is an expert on sleep and said there's a very rare gene that allows people to sleep 3-4 hours and be fine, whereas 99% of people don't function well with less than 7 hours (even if they don't realize it). He said many CEOs have this gene. Don't have the timestamp tho

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaWilO_Pig

Wow. That's some pretty mind blowing stuff. I'll have to check it out for sure

Interesting post.

Same here bud, summer's hot weather is an ass too. Literally doesn't matter if I try to sleep earlier, shit still doesn't work.

Same here bud, summer's hot weather is an ass too. Literally doesn't matter if I try to sleep earlier, shit still doesn't work.
Poorcel life without air conditioning is brutal :feelsbadman: i absolutely hate summers

There is no point in pondering over this. This will only make me feel depressed.

I can't really sleep very well. I try to sleep at 10:30pm but really can't fall asleep until 11:30pm-12am. I try to put earplugs in my ears so the sound of the ac wont bother me. But i still get overwhelmed by other noises. :cryfeels: can't even enjoy sleeping.
Is your room dark enough? If it isn't you should cover your eyes with a sleeping mask
Maybe pop some melatonin pills

We aren't entitled to sleep sweaty
Unironically how a lot of people that don't suffer inceldom think ngl
Just ask anyone here that has had to deal with loud noise at night from others and being unsuccessful in getting them to stop. That's why this goes beyonds getting laid. This affects every single aspect of your physiological being. Probably next there will be evidence that depression can give you digestive issues.
Oh wait

Unironically how a lot of people that don't suffer inceldom think ngl
Just ask anyone here that has had to deal with loud noise at night from others and being unsuccessful in getting them to stop. That's why this goes beyonds getting laid. This affects every single aspect of your physiological being. Probably next there will be evidence that depression can give you digestive issues.
Oh wait
Oreo man said some people are hell magnets, all the bad things in life come to them. Bad experiences come in a package for a lot of unfortunate people in life.

Oreo man said some people are hell magnets, all the bad things in life come to them. Bad experiences come in a package for a lot of unfortunate people in life.
I understand what you are getting at but ngl I can see that being used as an argument by normies too
"yeah life just sucks for you and you just have bad luck dude. boo hoo get over it and stop complaining :soy:"

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. :feelsokman:
You should also avoid blue lights and use filters on your phone/computer but I assume you already know about those

I understand what you are getting at but ngl I can see that being used as an argument by normies too
"yeah life just sucks for you and you just have bad luck dude. boo hoo get over it and stop complaining :soy:"
I meant it more in the sense that you can't just ignore it because so many different fucking things go wrong in your life when you have a few bad genetic traits. Bluepillers look at those traits in a vacuum and don't understand how many other things come with those

Loneliness kills.. we are social animals. This is literal baby tier knowledge yet because of Fem propaganda it's been culturally "forgotten" aka stamped out by the Gynocracy. Which is why the suicide rate for Males is so high. Touch starvation is killing Men in great proportions in a way similar to how a Genocide would be planned. The Gynocracy is only too happy to keep lying to Men in an attempt to get them to kill themselves. Giving Foids power and rights leads to mass cruelty.

Loneliness kills.. we are social animals. This is literal baby tier knowledge yet because of Fem propaganda it's been culturally "forgotten" aka stamped out by the Gynocracy. Which is why the suicide rate for Males is so high. Touch starvation is killing Men in great proportions in a way similar to how a Genocide would be planned. The Gynocracy is only too happy to keep lying to Men in an attempt to get them to kill themselves. Giving Foids power and rights leads to mass cruelty.
People lie about everything these days
After all a big chunk of the population is convinced that women don't care about looks. Or if they think they do they believe it's only things that can be changed like clothes, haircut etc

People will tell us to go monk mode and live like hermits, telling "it's not like food or water, you won't die from loneliness :soy:"

Fuck this clown world

I literally can't remember any time I went to sleep and woke up truly refereshed.
I always wake up feeling more tired than when I went to sleep. After going back to sleep or forcing myself awake I go back to neutral at best.

The only reason I can sleep a full night is because of 1 of my antidepressants that makes me sleepy. If I'm visiting my parents, sober and I forgot to bring some I get about 1-3 hours of sleep

One of nature's & female ways to reduce undesirable males' lifespan. We shouldn't have been born.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back