Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Study shows that bullying does more damage and harm than child abuse

I’m gonna get ridiculed if I ask mods to pin this but I want them to pin this

Yea definitely. Parts of the rural south and even Midwest it’s still around but it’s dying
it's crazy because it was super different even just 10 years ago

Yea even in the past 10 years things have rlly gone to shit. @Personalityinkwell
i remember in the early 2010s, people used to say lady gaga, kesha, katy perry, rihanna, etc were whores because they sang about sex and were naked in their music vids. back then, nobody got mad if you said that. now you'd be accused of slut shaming for saying that.

My personal experience is the opposite.
The (mental) scars from my mother are much more severe and have been a bigger hinderance for me in my life, especially my teens. I may however have a large amygdala due to bullying and act neurotically because of it.

My personal experience is the opposite.
The (mental) scars from my mother are much more severe and have been a bigger hinderance for me in my life, especially my teens. I may however have a large amygdala due to bullying and act neurotically because of it.
same

Well jokes on them, cause I've been through both

I was bullied pretty bad, but it was inevitable really. In the early to mid 2000s it was physical, beatings etc, later on they just neglect you. Teachers move you out of groups on the request of someone else. The entire game is rigged top to bottom and insured. Come hell or high water, they will exclude an autistic from social life, they will encourage them to kill themselves.

I was bullied pretty bad, but it was inevitable really. In the early to mid 2000s it was physical, beatings etc, later on they just neglect you. Teachers move you out of groups on the request of someone else. The entire game is rigged top to bottom and insured. Come hell or high water, they will exclude an autistic from social life, they will encourage them to kill themselves.
you have autism? so do i

what type of child abuse?

Physical beatings from my mum as a small kid, lasted probably 2-3 years

Honestly there's no objective way to compare the 'damage' between child abuse and bullying, there's too many variables involved, like the intensity and duration of the abuse/bullying etc

Physical beatings from my mum as a small kid, lasted probably 2-3 years

Honestly there's no objective way to compare the 'damage' between child abuse and bullying, there's too many variables involved, like the intensity and duration of the abuse/bullying etc
whats your mom doing now?

Child abuse typically makes you develop fear and distrust of authority figures, whereas bullying makes you fear and distrust your fellow peers. When you age and become an adult, you have less and less authority figures over time and everyone becomes a peer. So someone who was bullied will fear and distrust almost everyone while a child abuse victim will fear a small subset of people.

Last edited:
Child abuse typically makes you develop fear and distrust of authority figures, whereas bullying makes you fear and distrust your fellow peers. When you age and become an adult, you have less and less authority figures over time and everyone becomes a peer. So someone who was bullied will fear and distrust almost everyone while a child abuse victim will fear a small subset of people.

whats your mom doing now?

not much, it was quite some time back, we're on good terms now

And how do you re-build trust in your fellow peers, exposure therapy?

Last edited:
not much, it was quite some time back, we're on good terms now

And how do you re-build trust in your fellow peers, exposure therapy?
Depends how severe the bullying was and how early it started, and how long it lasted. Early childhood (<4 years old) is particularly important. For some the trauma or stunting of psychological development is so severe that the damage is irreparable.

I would consider it similar to breaking a bone. If you break a bone in early childhood and it damages the growth plates you will have a deformed limb once you become an adult. Contrast that to breaking a bone when you are already an adult and fully developed, you might need a cast or some metal to keep the bone together, but you'll still be a relatively normal undeformed person after that.

Something along those lines except psychologically.

Last edited:
What type of bullying? Like people called me names but I did the same to other people

Not physical bullying and foids never were mean to me

We should allow all young males to carry handguns and knives in schools from the age of 6 and up and encourage retaliation against bullies.
:lul: :lul: :lul:

Same.

violence/ridicule at school
Same at home
My fathers involvement in my life can be summed up with “do what I say or else violence. No explanation provided, ever”. Dad is a bulliedmanlet, probabaly also autistic.. Nobody respects or fears him. So he beat us to feel powerful. Then I got bigger than him and instead of beating me he threatened me with cops (guns). He’s already got what’s coming to him tbh. My dad will never see grandchildren in his life and will end up dying completely alone, while his “friends” (the guys he sucks up to for approval) have large thriving families. I wonder who will arrange his funeral when he dies.

violence in school can be prevented by being large and threatening violence. Not much u can do at home.. just the luck of the draw.
Brutal shit man
Tesla

Last edited:

I’m gonna get ridiculed if I ask mods to pin this but I want them to pin this

As someone who was constantly bullied since I was 8, I'll chime in on this.

I was never abused at home, but it felt like whenever I stepped foot outside my own house, I felt like hell descended upon me. Kids would make fun of me all the time. Shove me into lockers all the time. There was one time when I taking something out of my locker, and some fucking Chad fuckboy tried to shove me into the fucking locker and shut it. His gang of male orbiters and whores couldn't stop laughing at me. Meanwhile, my arm had a deep gash and it required 40 stitches to close it.

Now, I hate my life. I hate seeing people. I hate everything. I constantly want to kill myself multiple times a day, but again, like everything that I am, I'm too fucking pussy to pull the trigger (pun intended).

Whenever I fought or spoke back, I was the one getting detention, or getting suspended, not fucking Chad. The principal told me to just deal with it and take the punishment.

Fuck Chads. Fuck my principal. FUCK ALL OF THEM. THANKS FOR MENTALLY SCARRING ME FOR FUCKING LIFE YOU STUPID FUCKS!

Bullying + having stepfathers + MASSIVE rejections and disappointments from foids were the things that scarred me the most psychologically.

well I guess that's why I'm so fucked in the head, I was bullied to hell at school physically and verbally i would always hide the fact that I cried afterwards, also at home my dad was abusive and if I fucked up in school he would verbally abuse me or hit me. my mom was a real non factor she just sits in the house all day (and my dad was verbally abusive/belittling towards her), so I would just hide in my room and play games when I got home. i never told my parents about shit (because why would you expect anything good from your useless shithead dad and good for nothing mother) now my parents don't understand why i hate them for fucking me up developmentally and why im so fucking useless at everything

Wet.

Hir by my father >>> bullied and isolated in HS

SARS 1 (The real virus) Needs to make a comeback.

Yeah bullying fucked me up pretty bad. Particularly the isolation during my middle and high school years.

Can confirm and totally agree with this article.

Was ruthlessly and mercilessly bullied by my peers. While my brain chemistry and delayed growth is still recovering. They are flourishing. One is interning in google, others are studying at Ivy League universities. While I am rotting with loneliness.

Had to be a war criminal in my past life to have this fate in my current life.
Yeah bullying fucked me up pretty bad. Particularly the isolation during my middle and high school years.
Story?

Well yeah, on the one hand, you're facing social ostracization from your peers. On the other hand, you're being put down a dark path where you'll find company with others on the dark path. We're a social species. There's a clear winner here.

Free @Edmund_Kemper

true
but I still don't trust studies

I have been bullied my whole life. Even as an adult i still face it

you all deserve it, inkwells!!!! :soy: :soy: :soy:

Interactions with peers effects an individual way more than interactions with parents.
yes, i didn't have bad childhood with parents ( latter in life it worsed ), i have feelings that i suffer schizophrenia since i was heavill bullied for at least 3 years ( i'm also sperg )
and peers really have impact on you, cause parents love unless you live in pathalogical family