Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill [STUDY] The Science Behind Dark-triadmaxxing/Stockholm Syndrome

Selinity

Selinity

banned
There's many people on the forum who believe heavily in the idea that by emulating the character traits of the Dark Triad [narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy.] You can increase your perceived attractiveness by women, so much so that you can break past your own physical limitations and hopefully get a partner out of it. These people think that that if they use the right insults or if they physically assault foid's the fear would cause them to feel a deep sense of attraction with the Dark-triadmaxxer.

When I firstly looked into the concept I thought that 'of course dark-triadmaxxing is bullshit, after all when foids think about "badboys" they never think about people like us, they think about Chads with Dark-triad traits,' but as I got deeper into the research I found some things that prove, but also disprove the dark-triad theory, it's like no clear correlation can be drawn with a dark triad personality and perceived attractiveness, at least not easily. What follows is passages and screenshots from numerous studies as well as my own interpretation of the dark-triad theory.

---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎---

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse. I believe a lot of the belief in Dark-triad stems from this. Stockholm syndrome is very real and very powerful. Victims who have been kidnapped in the past, besides feeling an intense attraction to their abuser also reportedly fall in love and experience romantic feelings/connections with the abuser.

Experts do not fully understand the inner workings of the syndrome but theorize that it may be a coping system for the people who experience trauma. Here are a few quick facts about Stockholm syndrome from medical news today:

Screen Shot 2020 12 28 at 33345 PM

Like many things to do with attraction this exert from Medical News Today can be understood when looked at from an evolutionary stand point; if one is being abused by someone else then there is a clear power dynamic that is not in the favour of the abused, hence feelings that the abuser is powerful and dominant, two very attractive traits. However these feeling tend to typically develop during moments where the victim truly feels powerless and that they have to subject fully and completely to you.

Another thing is "if the person has experienced physical abuse from their captor, they may feel gratitude when the abuser treats them humanely," this one is easy as hell to understand, the high contrast between the abuse and the kind treatment makes the kind act however small as it may be stick out and the perceived kindness increase, resulting in feelings that the abuser is "good, and kind," or can be "generous/has a good side to them."

Finally a person may attempt to appease a person for their own survival. It has been shown in numerous studies that we like people we do favours for, the brain just assumes that since we're doing something nice for someone then we must like them, fostering feelings of friendship and even love.

And what's more is that the danger to ones life (from physical harm) or phyce (mental damage; i.e insults, verbal abuse, etc) doesn't have to occur over a very long period of time for these feelings of love and admiration to foster, to show this I'll tell you all a story, a true one depicting real life events.

"On August 23, 1973, Jan-Erik Olsson attempted to rob the Normalmstorg bank. During the robbery, Olsson took four bank employees — Brigitta Lundblad, Elisabeth Oldgren, Kristin Ehnmark, and Sven Safstrom — hostage.

Later, Olsson’s former cellmate Clark Olofsson joined in the robbery. The two remained inside the bank with the four hostages. The situation developed into a six-day stand-off with police.

After the hostages’ release, the authorities found that they had developed strong emotional bonds towards their captors.

The hostages reported that Olsson and Oloffson treated them kindly and did not physically harm them. They defended their captors and refused to testify against them. Olsson even displayed positive feelings towards the hostages.
"

In a mere 6-days, the victims reported feeling strong emotional connections with their captor, so much so that they wouldn't testify against them in court. This got me thinking, is stohoylm syndrome essentially what gives Dark-triad Chad's so much success? Is it that because of their personality's violent nature that females are easily attracted to them? Should we all just go out and start beating people up in hopes of losing our virginity?

Well yes, and no.

You see, one of the biggest requirements for someone to exhibit signs of Stockholm syndrome is that there must be a clear cut power dynamic in the abusers advantage, the abuser has to be so far above the victim that no matter what the victim has zero power over their own circumstances and their life/mental well-being hangs in the balance, in your balance.

Most people here aren't exactly strong enough to have that effect on a foid, and even then because of society current laws and the way it panders to women there is no true way for a man to be powerful enough to induce these feelings on a foid even if they're strong enough since they don't hold the same socio-economic weight/social value by default since they're males.

Unless they had the looks to grant the same social value and status that is given by having a hole.

This looks requirement can be circumvented through other methods such as status, money and connections and other things such as weapons like in the hostage story I previously discussed. There are of course other ways however these are illegal and as such I can not discuss in this post.

The idea that Dark-triad is just a Stockholm syndrome inducing personality explains it's effect to a great degree. However there are many other studies that try and 'disprove' that a bad boy personality can increase your chances with women.

Anyways, aside from the sources used in this post I will also leave you with some screen shots detailing the exact causes for Stockholm syndrom/Dark triad

Screen Shot 2020 12 28 at 35451 PM

Screen Shot 2020 12 28 at 35437 PM

DISLAIMER: THIS POST WAS CREATED PURELY WITH THE INTENT OF SPREADING INFORMATION AND IS NOT TO BE MISINTERPRETED AS ADVOCATING FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST ANY GROUP OR PERSONS.

SOURCES:

There's many people on the forum who believe heavily in the idea that by emulating the character traits of the Dark Triad [narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy.] You can increase your perceived attractiveness by women, so much so that you can break past your own physical limitations and hopefully get a partner out of it. These people think that that if they use the right insults or if they physically assault foid's the fear would cause them to feel a deep sense of attraction with the Dark-triadmaxxer.

When I firstly looked into the concept I thought that 'of course dark-triadmaxxing is bullshit, after all when foids think about "badboys" they never think about people like us, they think about Chads with Dark-triad traits,' but as I got deeper into the research I found some things that prove, but also disprove the dark-triad theory, it's like no clear correlation can be drawn with a dark triad personality and perceived attractiveness, at least not easily. What follows is passages and screenshots from numerous studies as well as my own interpretation of the dark-triad theory.

---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎--- ---✡︎salty✡︎---

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse. I believe a lot of the belief in Dark-triad stems from this. Stockholm syndrome is very real and very powerful. Victims who have been kidnapped in the past, besides feeling an intense attraction to their abuser also reportedly fall in love and experience romantic feelings/connections with the abuser.

Experts do not fully understand the inner workings of the syndrome but theorize that it may be a coping system for the people who experience trauma. Here are a few quick facts about Stockholm syndrome from medical news today:

Screen Shot 2020 12 28 at 33345 PM

Like many things to do with attraction this exert from Medical News Today can be understood when looked at from an evolutionary stand point; if one is being abused by someone else then there is a clear power dynamic that is not in the favour of the abused, hence feelings that the abuser is powerful and dominant, two very attractive traits. However these feeling tend to typically develop during moments where the victim truly feels powerless and that they have to subject fully and completely to you.

Another thing is "if the person has experienced physical abuse from their captor, they may feel gratitude when the abuser treats them humanely," this one is easy as hell to understand, the high contrast between the abuse and the kind treatment makes the kind act however small as it may be stick out and the perceived kindness increase, resulting in feelings that the abuser is "good, and kind," or can be "generous/has a good side to them."

Finally a person may attempt to appease a person for their own survival. It has been shown in numerous studies that we like people we do favours for, the brain just assumes that since we're doing something nice for someone then we must like them, fostering feelings of friendship and even love.

And what's more is that the danger to ones life (from physical harm) or phyce (mental damage; i.e insults, verbal abuse, etc) doesn't have to occur over a very long period of time for these feelings of love and admiration to foster, to show this I'll tell you all a story, a true one depicting real life events.

"On August 23, 1973, Jan-Erik Olsson attempted to rob the Normalmstorg bank. During the robbery, Olsson took four bank employees — Brigitta Lundblad, Elisabeth Oldgren, Kristin Ehnmark, and Sven Safstrom — hostage.

Later, Olsson’s former cellmate Clark Olofsson joined in the robbery. The two remained inside the bank with the four hostages. The situation developed into a six-day stand-off with police.

After the hostages’ release, the authorities found that they had developed strong emotional bonds towards their captors.

The hostages reported that Olsson and Oloffson treated them kindly and did not physically harm them. They defended their captors and refused to testify against them. Olsson even displayed positive feelings towards the hostages.
"

In a mere 6-days, the victims reported feeling strong emotional connections with their captor, so much so that they wouldn't testify against them in court. This got me thinking, is stohoylm syndrome essentially what gives Dark-triad Chad's so much success? Is it that because of their personality's violent nature that females are easily attracted to them? Should we all just go out and start beating people up in hopes of losing our virginity?

Well yes, and no.

You see, one of the biggest requirements for someone to exhibit signs of Stockholm syndrome is that there must be a clear cut power dynamic in the abusers advantage, the abuser has to be so far above the victim that no matter what the victim has zero power over their own circumstances and their life/mental well-being hangs in the balance, in your balance.

Most people here aren't exactly strong enough to have that effect on a foid, and even then because of society current laws and the way it panders to women there is no true way for a man to be powerful enough to induce these feelings on a foid even if they're strong enough since they don't hold the same socio-economic weight/social value by default since they're males.

Unless they had the looks to grant the same social value and status that is given by having a hole.

This looks requirement can be circumvented through other methods such as status, money and connections and other things such as weapons like in the hostage story I previously discussed. There are of course other ways however these are illegal and as such I can not discuss in this post.

The idea that Dark-triad is just a Stockholm syndrome inducing personality explains it's effect to a great degree. However there are many other studies that try and 'disprove' that a bad boy personality can increase your chances with women.

Anyways, aside from the sources used in this post I will also leave you with some screen shots detailing the exact causes for Stockholm syndrom/Dark triad

Screen Shot 2020 12 28 at 35451 PM

Screen Shot 2020 12 28 at 35437 PM

DISLAIMER: THIS POST WAS CREATED PURELY WITH THE INTENT OF SPREADING INFORMATION AND IS NOT TO BE MISINTERPRETED AS ADVOCATING FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST ANY GROUP OR PERSONS.

SOURCES:

I will make a post about studies that disprove dark triad working at a later date since this post is already quite long lol

stockholm syndrome is somehow relatable :worryfeels:

We have no leverage. No social leverage, no dating market leverage. We're basically the dating equivalent of homeless people. Redpill advice saying "act confident" and "act like a badboy" is like telling the homeless person to act like they have money or act like a CEO negotiating contracts

Also glad that someone else is using the self made [Study] tag :feelsYall:

We have no leverage. No social leverage, no dating market leverage. We're basically the dating equivalent of homeless people. Redpill advice saying "act confident" and "act like a badboy" is like telling the homeless person to act like they have money or act like a CEO negotiating contracts

Also glad that someone else is using the self made [Study] tag :feelsYall:
Honestly the mods need to make the study tag happen, also, I see your a fellow *pinned cel

wait, you have it?
i think i do, because of bullying. i had to be around my bullies not only in school but outside with other kids and teenagers from my commie blocks. And i knew i hated them for all the things they've done to me but also i appreciated them, respected them, loved them. Somehow i felt like they were my guardians or something. Yeah environment fucked me up

i think i do, because of bullying. i had to be around my bullies not only in school but outside with other kids and teenagers from my commie blocks. And i knew i hated them for all the things they've done to me but also i appreciated them, respected them, loved them. Somehow i felt like they were my guardians or something. Yeah environment fucked me up
damn. I'm sorry to hear that something like that happened to you, I wish I could help you but I can't, best of luck though