Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Superego

• Thread starter Deleted member 20659
  • Start date

is legit?

• Total voters
Deleted member 20659

Deleted member 20659

Banned
-
I mean the psychoanalitic concept. Apparently its like the part of your mind that keeps you in check according to societal norms. It allows you to conceptualize how people will judge your actions and thoughts, also allows u to step out from your limited view of things into a wider perspective. As far as i understand its the source of moral conscience too. How do u feel about this and do u have this developed?

Naah man, I believe in objective morality

Im too low iq for this

Inner monkey, who needs to be killed for achieving freedom from humanity

You mean Freud's model of the id, ego, and superego? It's interesting and somewhat useful when used metaphorically. You have to be a brainlet to take it literally though.

Yes it does, along with the id and ego. They are just fancy terms for your primitive/primal vs logical urges and desires.

Last edited:
How do u feel about this and do u have this developed?

A healthy superego development was assured by having your father periodically trying to beat some sense into you, he was a fascist prick you rebelled against through your teens and 20s, but this is what made you grow up with a mapping to navigate through everyday life. With permisive liberal "helicopter parenting" it all gets fucked up as your parents are no longer authoritative figures, but pose as your friends bridging generational gaps by trying to relate to you as much as possible. Their kindness is their way to suppress your rebellion, keeping you in a socially retarded state.

Last edited:
That's explained by subjective morality, though. Look up evolutionary societal cohesion and advantages of cooperation, it makes sense we have morality and a fly doesn't
So you're saying if we reverse back evolution and let it happen again, then our morality would be different?
How is that any different from a species than can sense light better than others?

No, I'm saying what we call morality in animals (including humans) is just a natural phenomenon, like love or the desire to protect children.
Having eyes or noses are a natural phenomenon too, buddy boyo

I mean the psychoanalitic concept. Apparently its like the part of your mind that keeps you in check according to societal norms. It allows you to conceptualize how people will judge your actions and thoughts, also allows u to step out from your limited view of things into a wider perspective. As far as i understand its the source of moral conscience too. How do u feel about this and do u have this developed?
I have it but i'm still autistic and have social anxiety

You're trying to force a metaphor that doesn't fit
Morality doesn't exist outside our brains
Do any of your experiences really even exist outside your brain to begin with?

You're right in believing in the external world as it is a properly basic belief. I do believe in objective morality because I have no reason to doubt its existence any more than my other experiences

Like tallcels falling into a positive feedback loop

I see your point but i really dont know man