Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Hypocrisy taking selfies and narcissism

I

imsorry

Self-banned
-

10 Surprising Ways to Spot a Narcissist on Social Media

No. 8 Posting selfies (this only applies to men only)!!! :feelsclown:

Most people think that anyone who posts a lot of selfies is a narcissist. The reality is more complex. Among 1,296 men and women, it was found that selfie-posting predicted narcissism among men, but not women. Why? Researchers posit that selfie-posting might be normalized among women. In other words, women, but not men, are pretty much expected in our society to post selfies.

i love how being narcissistic bastard is normalized amongst foids but not men :feelshaha:

Selfie posting behaviors are associated with narcissism among men

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0191886915003256

How do you spot a narcissist on Instagram?
main-qimg-6d9e5f9405d859a0830c7d78b4a9dd16

1. Open Instagram
  2. Job done
I mean seriously - Instagram is like fly paper for narcissists. It is to narcissists what a jar of honey at a pick nick, is to bees. It is like asking a moth to ignore a nearby supernova.

If you wanted to HUNT narcissists - a kind of big game fishing for narcissists - you would invent INSTAGRAM…….!

Lets do the math(s).

Number of people on Instagram 110,000,000

% of narcissists that have a smartphone on Instagram - 100

Number of smartphones in the world - 2.7 billion

% of population with mild or above narcissism 4%

Number of narcissists on Instagram 108,000,000

So 110 million people on Instagram and by my calculation 108 million are going to be in the spectrum of narcissism - thats 98.18% likelihood that any given person on Instagram is a narcissist………..

OK - we all know I am massively exaggerating here……..

But am I?

Lets see - the only REAL variable in these otherwise well researched figures [honestly I researched them] is the % of narcs on Instagram.

She what are the variables - well you dont really get narc under 20 - they are just kids and teens so thats 2/7ths or 28% of the population gone.

And lets be real basically no one over 50 is using Instagram are that so thats another 2/7ths or 28%.

But in the remaining 44% you can pretty much say for certain THEY ARE ON INSTAGRAM if they are a narc.

THAT IS 43.2% PROBABILITY

Nearly 50% of the people on Instagram are narcissists. THATS before you count the duplicate accounts many will have.

Lets say that 50% of these are a strange type of undiscovered narcissist that does not like attention - I know we have yet to find this mythical creature but lets say they exist and 50% are this type.

THAT STILL MEANS over 20% of EVERYONE WOULD BE A NARCISSIST.
So somewhere between a TOTALLY unrealistic low of 1 in 5 and a way more likely 1 in 2 on Instagram are narcissists.

This is NOT big game fishing for narcs - this is shooting narcs in a barrel…….

So I refer you to my earlier answer:
  1. Open Instagram
  2. Job done.
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-spot-a-narcissist-on-Instagram

Last edited:
>is insecure.
That´s all you need.
Bragging comes with a price, and it ain´t never cheap.
Those who befriend narcissists are making a very bad investment in the long run.

never use instagram and never will

10 Surprising Ways to Spot a Narcissist on Social Media

No. 8 Posting selfies (this only applies to men only)!!! :feelsclown:

Most people think that anyone who posts a lot of selfies is a narcissist. The reality is more complex. Among 1,296 men and women, it was found that selfie-posting predicted narcissism among men, but not women. Why? Researchers posit that selfie-posting might be normalized among women. In other words, women, but not men, are pretty much expected in our society to post selfies.

i love how being narcissistic bastard is normalized amongst foids but not men :feelshaha:

Selfie posting behaviors are associated with narcissism among men

View attachment 396964
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0191886915003256

main-qimg-6d9e5f9405d859a0830c7d78b4a9dd16

1. Open Instagram
  2. Job done
I mean seriously - Instagram is like fly paper for narcissists. It is to narcissists what a jar of honey at a pick nick, is to bees. It is like asking a moth to ignore a nearby supernova.

If you wanted to HUNT narcissists - a kind of big game fishing for narcissists - you would invent INSTAGRAM…….!

Lets do the math(s).

Number of people on Instagram 110,000,000

% of narcissists that have a smartphone on Instagram - 100

Number of smartphones in the world - 2.7 billion

% of population with mild or above narcissism 4%

Number of narcissists on Instagram 108,000,000

So 110 million people on Instagram and by my calculation 108 million are going to be in the spectrum of narcissism - thats 98.18% likelihood that any given person on Instagram is a narcissist………..

OK - we all know I am massively exaggerating here……..

But am I?

Lets see - the only REAL variable in these otherwise well researched figures [honestly I researched them] is the % of narcs on Instagram.

She what are the variables - well you dont really get narc under 20 - they are just kids and teens so thats 2/7ths or 28% of the population gone.

And lets be real basically no one over 50 is using Instagram are that so thats another 2/7ths or 28%.

But in the remaining 44% you can pretty much say for certain THEY ARE ON INSTAGRAM if they are a narc.

THAT IS 43.2% PROBABILITY

Nearly 50% of the people on Instagram are narcissists. THATS before you count the duplicate accounts many will have.

Lets say that 50% of these are a strange type of undiscovered narcissist that does not like attention - I know we have yet to find this mythical creature but lets say they exist and 50% are this type.

THAT STILL MEANS over 20% of EVERYONE WOULD BE A NARCISSIST.
So somewhere between a TOTALLY unrealistic low of 1 in 5 and a way more likely 1 in 2 on Instagram are narcissists.

This is NOT big game fishing for narcs - this is shooting narcs in a barrel…….

So I refer you to my earlier answer:
  1. Open Instagram
  2. Job done.
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-spot-a-narcissist-on-Instagram
It’s extremely stupid that the article says that selfies only indicate narcissism among men lmfao.

What utter and apparent bunk — it’s so obvious:

Pretty much all women do the whole selfie thing today since they get tons of validation from it — “most” don’t because nobody cares unless your Chad.

Yes OP most women are narcissists and the whole selfie thing is every bit as predictive of narcissism in women as in men just lol at that dumb ass article making excuses.
I’m not religious but seems to me Islam solved a lot of issues with female narcissism and simping by forcing women to cover up and cover their faces then shaming cheating/premarital sex/“sexy selfies” that kind of thing.

Tbh the more I read about blackpill science the more I’m convinced our ancestors were infinitely more based than we are today — like, back then men observed female nature and observe how men simp and desperately compete over them and put their foot down/created a more equitable society where men and women could mostly all find mates but I guess today that’s seen as “oppression” because women and most men even are completely blind and unaware of how lopsided the sex/dating market is in favor of women.

Last edited:
people who are good looking can easily be narcicists or already are .

ugly man on the other hand have to scam others or climb the latter " with sketchy shit

( selling drugs etc )