Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious teaching your kids to be optimistic fucks them up

jerrycan dan

jerrycan dan

autistic retard
-
A while ago I spoke to my mother and asked her what she reckoned she'd taught me, to which she answered that she taught me to be optimistic.
This sounds like obvious bullshit. She's extremely neurotic herself (she texts her work friends talking about how depressed she is and unironically calls herself a witch, she can't do basic algebra, she looks like a frog, pretty much all of my negative traits mental and physical come from this trog that my manlet father had no options but to impregnate), and this claim is clearly a cover for having taught your spawn no valuable lessons whatsoever.

Or is it? You actually can teach your kids to be optimistic, but you aren't doing them a favour.

I was fucking around with some acne (adult acne, which I am prescribed antibiotics for) on my shoulder today and my finger slipped, I poked myself pretty deeply and moved something. For the next few minutes I got pins and needles in my arm whenever I moved it a certain way, it's almost gone now though.

What the fuck? If the slightest thing goes wrong with your body you can damage it and put yourself into a world of pain. I could easily try to force my head through my window, grating my skin against the metal, and get it stuck against my chest/collarbone as my head hangs out the window to the side for hours until somebody finds and helps me. The only thing stopping me from putting myself in this situation is fear of pain. It's very easy (and inevitable even if you avoid causing it) to die horribly and in a world of pain from literally thousands of causes as well. I can't do anything to stop that even though I could destroy myself in a few minutes after writing this post if I wanted to. This is awful, nothing good can be achieved but the world is fuck your shit up city. What copes are there? Vidya, food, drugs and alcohol, stuff that will probably be impossible to get if the economy collapses (which it inevitably will in our lifetimes). Sex? Harder and harder to get for the majority of men, impossible to get for a significant minority, STD rates are exploding among those who do have sex (paradox of rising sexlessness and pandemic antibiotic resistant gonorrhea proves blackpill sexonomics right). GF? Spiteful skank that will cuck you and drag you through the mud for money and entertainment, you are not human to these bitches, your ideal looksmatched introverted virgin waifu either does not exist or wants you dead. Foid brains do not work like human brains, if there were men with brains and mentalities like women they would have been subjected to a total pogrom by now.

People spent most of history dying of the most stupid shit and working 11 hours a day in the mud to grow plants, now that we invented things to rise above that existence we have no freedom, are soy and are fucked in the head, and because the EROEI of the thing that powers this is declining we should probably say hello to being mud farmers again (at least we have germ theory this time). What is there that's good about this gay rock? There's kind of cool stuff you can appreciate for a while by looking at it or reading about it, but you don't exist by sitting there and appreciating/thinking about things.

Even insincerely memeing at your kids that the world is a great place when they are retarded children is, for all intents and purposes, "teaching them to be optimistic". Sadly this does not reflect reality at all, and when your progeny reaches adulthood it will spend hours every day trying to wrap its head around the fact that living on Earth has few or no redeeming qualities even though it was taught to expect some degree of gain for pain. To make matters worse, the SWPL worldview that gets drilled into young white people after they are born has either no religion or a sad parody of religion that everyone with above lukewarm temperature IQ knows is bullshit, so people raised like this can't even cope by thinking God will take them to heaven after all of their organs fail from cancer following 70 years of work for mr bossberg (want to know why peasants were so religious?). Maybe if I was told that life sucked repeatedly as a kid I would be able to think back and well and truly understand what that statement meant now without experiencing painful cognitive dissonance, but alas here we are today. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Last edited:
I hate how positive my mom is

It’s funny just how fragile things really are

I think you're mom said that because she didn't really teach you anything. Most parents don't I assume.

I feel the same about my upbringing, that optimism is what led to me being hardcore blue pilled through adolescence and my early 20's.

Hope is fuel for a fool. Optimism is the first step on the path to dissapointment. People say that we're pessimistic and self pitying but that's only because it conflicts their optimistic view of the world. The world is cruel and rather they admit it or not everyone knows it. Normies, Chads, and Stacy can only maintain their optimism because they have some good aspects of their lives that reinforces their delusion. Their copes are far superior to ours and that is why they can do mental gymnastics to convince themselves this world isn't absolute shit.

Rant unrelated

I think you're mom said that because she didn't really teach you anything. Most parents don't I assume.
Parents who don't teach their kids anything will still inevitably expose them to some sort of wordlview, fake or not, by the manner in which they talk to them. The only way you couldn't transmit some kind of information to your child is if you literally never interacted with them. The child will of course take in what you say because you gave birth to them.

What are you talking about silly inkel? Life is precious and wonderfull :soy::bluepill:

It’s because we were raised by boomers, optimism is intrinsic to the post-war sentimentalism we now see in the West.

If only someone told me in my teen age about the realy...i would have been saved...i would spend my timebon contemplative pastime.

Without stress and worries . without false ecpectatiins

I think by the time I was 16 I knew the world was fucked up.

at what age did you get over it?

Here is a text I wrote when I was 21. At this time I had accepted that it was over for me. It is funny how I said in 15 years my opinion will only have solidified and indeed 15 years later my opinion has solidified. I was chatting online with a dude that was about 70 and he was bluepilled about life.

"You are probably right and it is not possible to find fullfillment by doing a job. The reason I believe this is that I often believe there is nothing that can give you any fullfillment. When you were 20 things may have been different. Today you get divorced at 25 and then you hang yourself by 35 because you are paying alimony to three women which forces you to do your fucking boring job for a bunch of whores. This means only a very naive person would find fullfillment in family. And I can not find fullfillment in a job either except it would be doing exactly what I would want to do which I won't be able to do because I would need millions of Dollars to do it and I will be your age before I reach that. And this leads me to the next point: While in your generation you were prepared for war and trained in our generation we just eat crappy microwave food and thanks to cell phone radiation we won't get old anyway (if we do not hang ourselves by 35). This means once I reach your age it will probably be too late for me anyway. So as you see my chances to reach fullfillment are zero. I have been thinking about this carefully and I see that the social values you are propagating are not real. Humans are like worms and machines. They work by a program and their existence is entirely meaningless. Do not try to change my mind because I know what I am talking about better than most people your age do eventhough I am still young. We can talk about it again in 15 years and you will see that my opinion will only have solidified until then. But better don't try to understand me. It might be dangerous for you".

positive thinking is needed for the preservation of society.
people keep living their shitty lifes because deep down they think that they will become rich,famous and happy.
Optimism is the tool to motivate the modern slaves to work harder.

Dude, I'd wager that most of us incels inherited our ugly genes from our mothers.

I must try it with my mom since she haven't teach me anything. I was always pessimistic.

That's why I'm proudly a pessimist. I expect nothing more than disappointment and sadness, but when I get something more for once, it makes it all the more better. Being a negative person is simply a symptom of not being a delusional blowhard who has a rose-tinted view of everything.

When you're an overtly positive person, you are an annoying asshole who downplays everything. You have unrealistic expectations, and you are constantly let down. But when you're a negative person, you are a realistic, rational person who is more likely to be sympathetic towards other people, and you are never let down or disappointing due to the fact that you don't expect anything.

I like arguing with my mom, it's like legit clash of titans, we both won't change our opinions, but everytime i try to explain why i'm single she says that i must go out more, work on my personality and other :bluepill: :bluepill: :bluepill: overdose.

What i dislike the most is being too much bluepilled by parents when growing up, it had an influence on my perception, as i started to notice that people treat me differently because of looks, but parents keep telling me it's because of personality and i must act different way. I would probably understood and completely realised blackpill before PSL even started to be a thing, but parents heavily interrupted me on my way.