Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

NSFW Terraria

Blacktarpill

Blacktarpill

The pp183 theory
-
It'S 2-d MInecRaFt...
said some boring chumps who refuse to play because of its similarities, while ignoring Fortnite's similarities to PubG.
This game is more than 2-D Minecraft in its different styles, great 8bit music, affectionate pixel art and all- round attention, so much so that I believe it to be superior to Minecraft. It's not MC is bad, but just has some downsides...
[HUGE TEXT FROM BLABBERING GUY AHEAD]
__Comparing Terraria to Minecraft__
1. Minecraft has a (in my opinion) weird progression structure- you mine underground until you find diamonds, game over- and makes the Nether and End feel only optional. The boss in MC doesn't really give you anything other than a decoration item and loads of empty islands, with one that gives you wings and some stuff. That makes it feel like a half-done ending. Meanwhile, Terraria has a better progression structure, involving killing bosses and getting gradually stronger until you beat the Moon Lord. That feels like a true ending, but really this is just a nitpick on MC. Sorry!
2. Minecraft has a limited amount you can do with it, which made me tire of it eventually. This is probably due to there being only 8 weapons and 5 armours, which restricts how many ways you can play. In Terraria, however, there are lots of weapons, armours and accessories and different classes to play as. This keeps the game fun since there are so many different ways to go through it, plus free and amazing mods too. (BTW I know Minecraft has mods, but I'm not sure many can contend with the huge, incredible, enchanting Calamity Mod which is basically a game on its own. Still, MC's mods are good.)
3. The most controversial one... Minecraft hasn't really got as much detail put into it. for example, biomes: Biomes in MC just means different blocks and a few new enemies that drop basic stuff. In Terraria, there's more detail put into those biomes, like loads of unique items, unique music and lots of biome-specific enemies. Although, MC does have a lot more detail in its oceans and does put effort into the Nether, so it isn't all bad.
4. THE WANDERING TRADER!! This I just can't forgive. The Wandering Trader is an obvious copy of the Travelling Merchant, but with nothing good that it had. Why, instead of getting 5 times more off the ground right where you live which regrow every two days, pay 6 emeralds for ONE FLOWER!? All he sells are weeds and junk, which is a big step down from the Travelling Merchant's good weapons, useful informative items and helpful food. The Wandering Trader just pops up around your house, doing all he can for him and his llama to make as much noise as possible to drive you insane. Then, as you look around to find him and shut him up, he drinks an invisibility potion and/or spawns in the greatest hiding spot in the area. The worst thing is that he has no use other than being annoying, and the only things I find him useful for is archery practice and eviscerating him to keep his nice-looking llama.
Sorry about the wordy text and if it seems like I'm hating on MC, it's a good game. It's just I hate people who take one look at good games like Terraria and hate them for appearing like something else. I also took the opportunity to compare the games (sorry if it seems one-sided, I just love Terraria so much because both are so good, but could be so much better if they looked at each other more often and improved their games (EXCLUDING THE WANDERING TRADER, MINECRAFT SHOULD NOT HAVE "IMPROVED" ITSELF THEN). In brief, Terraria is a well-made sandbox RPG with flaws and potential, and not a Minecraft clone.

Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny

9 people found this review helpful
1 person found this review funny

Ok repostcel.

yea I think so too tbh

Terraria is not noob friendly

Ok repostcel.
Destroyed, raped and pillaged

Terraria is more centered around the development of your character in terms of equipment while Minecraft focuses more on your base. Terraria's progression is better, but it leads to a really powerful character rather than a cool base with loads of stuff.

Ok repostcel.

no shit sherlock

It'S 2-d MInecRaFt...
said some boring chumps who refuse to play because of its similarities, while ignoring Fortnite's similarities to PubG.
This game is more than 2-D Minecraft in its different styles, great 8bit music, affectionate pixel art and all- round attention, so much so that I believe it to be superior to Minecraft. It's not MC is bad, but just has some downsides...
[HUGE TEXT FROM BLABBERING GUY AHEAD]
__Comparing Terraria to Minecraft__
1. Minecraft has a (in my opinion) weird progression structure- you mine underground until you find diamonds, game over- and makes the Nether and End feel only optional. The boss in MC doesn't really give you anything other than a decoration item and loads of empty islands, with one that gives you wings and some stuff. That makes it feel like a half-done ending. Meanwhile, Terraria has a better progression structure, involving killing bosses and getting gradually stronger until you beat the Moon Lord. That feels like a true ending, but really this is just a nitpick on MC. Sorry!
2. Minecraft has a limited amount you can do with it, which made me tire of it eventually. This is probably due to there being only 8 weapons and 5 armours, which restricts how many ways you can play. In Terraria, however, there are lots of weapons, armours and accessories and different classes to play as. This keeps the game fun since there are so many different ways to go through it, plus free and amazing mods too. (BTW I know Minecraft has mods, but I'm not sure many can contend with the huge, incredible, enchanting Calamity Mod which is basically a game on its own. Still, MC's mods are good.)
3. The most controversial one... Minecraft hasn't really got as much detail put into it. for example, biomes: Biomes in MC just means different blocks and a few new enemies that drop basic stuff. In Terraria, there's more detail put into those biomes, like loads of unique items, unique music and lots of biome-specific enemies. Although, MC does have a lot more detail in its oceans and does put effort into the Nether, so it isn't all bad.
4. THE WANDERING TRADER!! This I just can't forgive. The Wandering Trader is an obvious copy of the Travelling Merchant, but with nothing good that it had. Why, instead of getting 5 times more off the ground right where you live which regrow every two days, pay 6 emeralds for ONE FLOWER!? All he sells are weeds and junk, which is a big step down from the Travelling Merchant's good weapons, useful informative items and helpful food. The Wandering Trader just pops up around your house, doing all he can for him and his llama to make as much noise as possible to drive you insane. Then, as you look around to find him and shut him up, he drinks an invisibility potion and/or spawns in the greatest hiding spot in the area. The worst thing is that he has no use other than being annoying, and the only things I find him useful for is archery practice and eviscerating him to keep his nice-looking llama.
Sorry about the wordy text and if it seems like I'm hating on MC, it's a good game. It's just I hate people who take one look at good games like Terraria and hate them for appearing like something else. I also took the opportunity to compare the games (sorry if it seems one-sided, I just love Terraria so much because both are so good, but could be so much better if they looked at each other more often and improved their games (EXCLUDING THE WANDERING TRADER, MINECRAFT SHOULD NOT HAVE "IMPROVED" ITSELF THEN). In brief, Terraria is a well-made sandbox RPG with flaws and potential, and not a Minecraft clone.

Interesting. Have you tried Dwarf Fortress?

I have a world with my friend who actually knows how to play the game. It’s alright. We beat normal mode and we also beat the hard mode version of the eyes and the skull guy. On the road to the moonlord still though

I've never played it but I've heard of people getting raped by a giant eye and/or other bosses in the first few nights.

Disclaimer: I copy paste maxxed this wall of text from terraria steam reviews. It just looked really funny to me and had to share it here.

the wall of flesh is made out of roasties