Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The brutal Italian TU/LEI pill

TheMostAncientcel

TheMostAncientcel

Banned
-
Here in Italy we have two ways to address to an other (singular) person. We basically use "you" as following :

TU : informal, for people you know well but not for people you know but are work contacts. Children and teenaager are always adressed with "tu"

LEI : formal, for adults you are not in confidence with. You basically don't say "tu" to doctors, teachers, lawyers or even the market employee you see everyday but who is still a "stranger"to you. No one of coirse woild use "lei" for kids and teenagers.

This affects even the way you formulate a sentence :

Grcoery store employe who sell meat : cosa TI do? (informal) (roughly translated "what do you want?)

same guy as above : cosa desiderA (not cosa desiderI which would be "tu") (roughly translated "how can I serve you?)

How does this affect ugly men?

Simple. Basically people even slightly older than you (hell even slightly younger) call you TU as you were a fucking child.

BUT foids even slightly younger than you (of foids in general) call you LEI to bring formality and by doing so keeping a distance as if you were some 100 years old mummy.

Immagine noticing this difference every fucking time you interact with the world as a brutal reminder of you place in social hierachy as an ugly subhuman. And you cannot even react because telling people to use LEI is considered rude and pretentious whil telling people to use TU is considered predatory and creepy. I really envy you if in your language there's not this distinction. Over for pizzamandolinocels.

This exists in other languages too. And can confirm that if you're ugly you get formality from those you'd want informality from (foids), and you get informality from those you'd want respect from.

Here in Italy we have two ways to address to an other (singular) person. We basically use "you" as following :

TU : informal, for people you know well but not for people you know but are work contacts. Children and teenaager are always adressed with "tu"

LEI : formal, for adults you are not in confidence with. You basically don't say "tu" to doctors, teachers, lawyers or even the market employee you see everyday but who is still a "stranger"to you. No one of coirse woild use "lei" for kids and teenagers.

This affects even the way you formulate a sentence :

Grcoery store employe who sell meat : cosa TI do? (informal) (roughly translated "what do you want?)

same guy as above : cosa desiderA (not cosa desiderI which would be "tu") (roughly translated "how can I serve you?)

How does this affect ugly men?

Simple. Basically people even slightly older than you (hell even slightly younger) call you TU as you were a fucking child.

BUT foids even slightly younger than you (of foids in general) call you LEI to bring formality and by doing so keeping a distance as if you were some 100 years old mummy.

Immagine noticing this difference every fucking time you interact with the world as a brutal reminder of you place in social hierachy as an ugly subhuman. And you cannot even react because telling people to use LEI is considered rude and pretentious whil telling people to use TU is considered predatory and creepy. I really envy you if in your language there's not this distinction. Over for pizzamandolinocels.
I'm Spanish and we have the same difference, but instead of tu/lei, it's /usted. Most of my students talk to me with "tú", but the "usted" is starting to happen more and more frequently.

I think we're just getting old, bro.

This exists in other languages too. And can confirm that if you're ugly you get formality from those you'd want informality from (foids), and you get informality from those you'd want respect from.

Totally nailed the point. And then they wonder why we are resentful. "It's all in your head bro".

Terronecel trait: uses "Voi" for everything

In English it's the same but they indicate in the tone of their voice their disrespect.

Haha not noticed this in Spanish, as in using it as a slur, but in curryland foids are totally aware, and when a currycel who's not looksmaxxed, gymmaxxed, mercedesmaxxed, beardmaxxed, moneymaxxed, aryanmaxxed tries to talk to a decent foid she will to exactly this.

Even if the social/age standing demands 'aap' (formal), if the guy is clearly showing he is very low value, she won't even say 'tum' (informal), she will just go straight to 'tu' (how u refer to servants and shit

Same in oGermany.

elab
Tu = (informal) 2nd person singular
Lei = (female) 3rd person singular
Voi = 2nd person plural

For some reason in southern Italy instead of using "lei" for formal 2nd person singular, we use "voi". So "voi" can be used both for the normal 2nd person plural (be it formal or informal) or for a formal 2nd person singular, while "lei" it's just used for the normal female 3rd person singular

in Polish we have "ty" (you, informal) and "Pan" (you, formal; literally "master" or "sir" which must sound like gigalarp to other Slavs :feelshaha:)
I don't have this problem that much because older people err on the safer side and literally call 12-year-olds "Pan" while zoomers are getting Americanized by Netflix and they use "ty" for everyone, including grandmas
one disrespectful thing a cashier said to me recently which I remember, was calling me "młody" (literally "the young one", but it's belittling in this context)
I often get treated like a 12-year-old due to my neotenous looks, but as I said, in Poland people either go extreme with the formality or abandon it altogether, so language-wise it's not a problem

Over for Latincels

German has that as well.
As oldcel, getting a formal "Sie" from twentysomethings always hurts a little.

@JohnDcel can you relate to this brutal pill?