Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment The Codecel Megathread

Tbh I have noticed this as well. Why is that?

Prob cause they were never trained in programming. Mathematicians just learn a language as a necessity and when they do it is a language that is known for its number crunching libraries, such as MATLAB or python (SciPy). They are never really expected to build anything complex so they really do not need to know much beyond how to make basic scripts.

When I was learning data structures I had an insanely hard time wrapping my mind around recursion for linked list and different types of trees tbh. Here are some useful resources for that topic specifically.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/717725/understanding-recursion

(this channel has a lot of good videos in general)

Anyways, I'm a shit programmer but one of the things that helped me pass was to look at code on like GeeksforGeeks and then drawing a picture of whatever data structure (whether it's a tree, stack, queue, etc.) was being implemented. Try to trace the execution of that code on the picture that you drew. Then write the code yourself, watching videos won't help to much tbh. Also, leetcode has good problems.

For those just getting started and wanting to learn Java, here's a good source.
https://mooc.fi/en/

Last edited:
i dont know how people have the attention span for programming
sounds boring
For me programming is just a process of making something. When I'm learning a new language or platform I'm bored to tears. It stops being boring the moment I learn enough that can start making whatever it is I wanted to make.

For me programming is just a process of making something. When I'm learning a new language or platform I'm bored to tears. It stops being boring the moment I learn enough that can start making whatever it is I wanted to make.
You work with it?

When I was learning data structures I had an insanely hard time wrapping my mind around recursion for linked list and different types of trees tbh. Here are some useful resources for that topic specifically.
Man I'd love to see you learn haskell. That shit has recursion everywhere.