Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment The Codecel Megathread

RopeShow

RopeShow

Bearer of the mark of the weird
★★★
The Codecel Megathread
After noticing that there are quite a bit of codecels of all levels of experience (and some bros aspiring to become codecels), i decided to create a megathread where both codecels and aspiring codecels can share and discuss information pertaining coding and computer science in general. Here we will be able to list sources, recomend books and courses, discuss programming languages, coding techniques, concepts, paradigms, guidelines and good practices and even tutor other codecels if needed. Let this thread be the bastion of technological enlightenment for all of our fellow bros, and let it be a tool to allow maximum levels of comfyness, entertainment and LDAR! :feelsautistic:

For starters, i'll post some stuff to get this thread started

This should get you started if you want to begin coding, but don't really know what you want to do with it:
Some assorted videos on basic programming concepts that don't really require coding:

Some free mega tutorials for programming languages:
Assorted channels that i judge interesting:
  • Free Code Camp (assorted tutorials, most of the stuff i watch comes from this one);
  • Stefan Mischook (general code talk and tips);
  • Tech Lead (same as above);
  • Computerphile (assorted videos about coding and computers. Numberphile is also good, but it's math related);
  • Joseph Delgadillo (assorted tutorials on more advanced topics such as: data processing, machine learning, GNU/Linux and ethical hacking).
Assorted programming lunacy that i find interesting:
  • Alternatives to bloatware (list of software that is less bloated. Extreme left means bloated, extreme right means less bloated. Mostly GNU/Linux stuff);
  • GNU/Linux complete (GNU/Linux course, recommended if you want to get into GNU/Linux - pro tip: do it);
  • Cat-v - harmful software (list of harmul and less harmful softwares. Consider this similar to alternatives to bloatware);
  • Suckless (Software that sucks less. Think of this as minimalist programming);
Final considerations
Hope you boyos have a good time coding! Share ideas, questions, suggestions and projects freely! Add knowledge to this thread freely too!
So we can build the Incel Technotheocracy and assimilate all normie computers into our botnet for cripto mining for world domination and eternal LDARing! :feelsWizard::feelsthink::feelsokman::feelshmm::feelsautistic:

delete system 32 to boost fps

anyone remember using Macromedia Dreamweaver?

Should be pinned tbh

High quality post my fren. Watching this thread.

I'm a low IQ coder with no education in that field but I'm currently trying out some OpenGL stuff. I just can't find the time at the moment. Coding is so time-consuming. I regularly waste several hours trying to find out why some simple shit ain't working.

Excellent thread OP. Mods sticky this. @Master
Here, I'd like to ask for an advice, not directly related to CS though.

I want to learn calculus but since I didn't do math in a year (and I was an amateur who knew only precalculus and some of calculus and some of discrete math anyway) I forgot a good part of what I knew.

Should I start from the beginning (i.e do precalculus again) or just jump into calculus and fix holes in my knowledge as I go? In both cases, what's the book that I should choose? I'd prefer an extensive but not too long or hard book. Bear in mind that I already have experience with math so you don't need to recommend totally noob-friendly stuff.

Last edited:
Excellent thread OP. Mods sticky this. @Master
Here, I'd like to ask for an advice, not directly related to CS though.

I want to learn calculus but since I didn't do math in a year (and I was an amateur who knew only precalculus and some of calculus and some of discrete math anyway) I forgot a good part of what I knew.

Should I start from the beginning (i.e do precalculus again) or just jump into calculus and fix holes in my knowledge as I go? In both cases, what's the book that I should choose? I'd prefer an extensive but not too long or hard book. Bear in mind that I already have experience with math so you don't need to recommend totally noob-friendly stuff.
Based on my experience, you can go straight to calculus and fix anything that comes up as you go. My math education during high school was piss poor, but i'm managing to keep up with everybody in discrete math and calculus so far. I found this video though, maybe it can help you refresh some of precalculus stuff. As for books, i'm not familiar with american/international books, just the ones from my country, but it seems to me that this author called Ron Larson seems to be prolific with calculus books. You can always go to your local library or infiltrate a college library to see what they have, note down what you like and then search online for the books. Udemy also has some calculus courses.

Speaking of Udemy, i got a bunch of courses from them and some other ebooks that i would like to share, but i'm not sure if the mods would allow me to share links for these "bounties of the high seas" (if you catch my cold here) @Master would that be allowed?

Based on my experience, you can go straight to calculus and fix anything that comes up as you go. My math education during high school was piss poor, but i'm managing to keep up with everybody in discrete math and calculus so far. I found this video though, maybe it can help you refresh some of precalculus stuff. As for books, i'm not familiar with american/international books, just the ones from my country, but it seems to me that this author called Ron Larson seems to be prolific with calculus books. You can always go to your local library or infiltrate a college library to see what they have, note down what you like and then search online for the books. Udemy also has some calculus courses.

Speaking of Udemy, i got a bunch of courses from them and some other ebooks that i would like to share, but i'm not sure if the mods would allow me to share links for these "bounties of the high seas" (if you catch my cold here) @Master would that be allowed?
Yeah, thanks. I just did first chapter of "Basic Math" by Lang and it seems that I don't need to do precalculus again: I remember far more than I thought that I do. I'll just jump straight into calculus and fill holes as I go.

I've decided for Spivak's "Calculus", that's what they recommend on /sci/'s wiki. I just hope it won't be too much for me.

Lots of shitposting for an interesting topic. I am interested in making a machine learning model for inceldom, to scientifically prove that it is true. Not sure where to find incel pics. I can read papers that prove it or at least attempt to, but I don't know what datasets to use.

I've been looking for something to do with my time. I tried something like this before but was clueless where to begin. Thanks for this, OP.

Coding is the most solid cope out there. A perfect profession for incels. You don't need to face people at all, even if you need, the extent is only technical and brief. You just sit in your cubicle for 9 to 5 and get paid, at the same time, you can do shit posting on incels.co too. Also it pays good. Moreover, if you have high IQ, you might end up working in the field like AI and robotics, which in turn, will benefit the sex robot market tremendously. Also, being a "programmer" is perceived as "extremely unattractive" to foids, which also help to keep them away from your surroundings.

high IQ post.op

Coding is the most solid cope out there. A perfect profession for incels. You don't need to face people at all, even if you need, the extent is only technical and brief.
You need to talk to consultants and testers if you're doing maintenance and analytics if you're developing new stuff.
You can't get away from human interaction unless you're maybe a contractor

Coding is the most solid cope out there. A perfect profession for incels. You don't need to face people at all, even if you need, the extent is only technical and brief. You just sit in your cubicle for 9 to 5 and get paid, at the same time, you can do shit posting on incels.co too. Also it pays good. Moreover, if you have high IQ, you might end up working in the field like AI and robotics, which in turn, will benefit the sex robot market tremendously. Also, being a "programmer" is perceived as "extremely unattractive" to foids, which also help to keep them away from your surroundings.
Iow iq cels like me can’t code it’s over

You need to talk to consultants and testers if you're doing maintenance and analytics if you're developing new stuff.
You can't get away from human interaction unless you're maybe a contractor

True, but it's no where close to that of other professions like in human resourse or other management or finance positions. In those cases your job is to talk with people all day.

I did work as a software engineer, the people that I only had to talk with was my team members and manager and all of them were ethnic males. Tech field is mostly dominated by males and they are ethnics.

Why videos? Books are better.

Lots of shitposting for an interesting topic. I am interested in making a machine learning model for inceldom, to scientifically prove that it is true. Not sure where to find incel pics. I can read papers that prove it or at least attempt to, but I don't know what datasets to use.
that would be fun, are you using python? i can help you with that
i just wish there where less shit post here, i really love coding and would like to know what menbers here are up to

Last edited:
Can one include this computer science & coding into the world of finance by utilising it there I wonder?
I've been looking for something to do with my time. I tried something like this before but was clueless where to begin. Thanks for this, OP.

I learned most of the things on your list, but I don't have any ideas about things I should program so it is useless knowledge

I learned most of the things on your list, but I don't have any ideas about things I should program so it is useless knowledge
try to get some basic IT job related to excel or some bullshit, and automate it using python, and spend all day postmaxxing while the script does your job.
try to get some basic IT job related to excel or some bullshit, and automate it using python, and spend all day postmaxxing while the script does your job.

Tfw too low IQ to code it's over

Think of problems you have on your life, and how a software can solve them, then go code boyo.

Thanks for the share. Nice starting points.

Just be a programmer to volcelmaxx
Being a volcel= more ego, more honor

I'm too lazy to put much effort into it, i only know what i really need.

Boyos now I'm the one in a pickle here. I want do develop an application on C# that uses a mysql database, but I want to develop it on GNU/linux. I tried setting mono up with no success and now im trying vs code. Anyone know how I can set this stuff up?

Can you be too dumb to learn this?

I'm still kinda a noob to coding but I find that I understand how I want the code to work in my head but I just dont know the syntax required to do it.
Wut do

Go for CCNIE too

I avoid offtopic because the threads are always pointless, so this thread was surprising, bookmarking

i dont know how people have the attention span for programming

sounds boring

Boyos now I'm the one in a pickle here. I want do develop an application on C# that uses a mysql database, but I want to develop it on GNU/linux. I tried setting mono up with no success and now im trying vs code. Anyone know how I can set this stuff up?
Use qt with c++. It can work under all systems. And better performance with awesome ui than c#.

Mono is trash.

I'm a computer scientist, ask me anything (except for shit that may doxx me).

I absolutely hate the term computer scientist but it does best explain my job, which is basically a shit mathematician who is an excellent programmer that also knows a fuckton about computers in genreal. All mathematicians I worked with were pretty terrible at general programming.

I'm streaming me doing my data structures homework in C right now, so you know... if you wanna see that [CLICK HERE BOYO] :feelsmage: