Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The conflict of reason and biology.

FailedExperiment41

FailedExperiment41

Greycel
Here are the layers of human progression that ultimately cause much of the social conflict we see today:

Our preferences evolve faster than our morals.
Our morals evolve faster than our culture.
Our culture evolves faster than our society.
Our society evolves faster than our biology.

Example: We start off with a preference to abolish slavery. This grows into a moral stance, and eventually a cultural stance. Then we have a Civil War in which society determines that slavery is bad. But our biology still makes us hesitant to trust those who are significantly different than us, and so racism persists.

It's understandable to have a desire for men and women to be equal in all ways. That sure would be nice and fair! Then that expands into a moral stance, and even gains cultural support, but then it runs into conflict with the hard fact that our biology makes men and women different.

Women are inherently disadvantaged in career opportunities because biology makes them the better care-givers for children, and care-giving MUST detract from your career. Men are inherently disadvantaged in sex because nature only requires the best of the men service to all of the women. It's ugly and it's not fair, but most of the social stress we have today can be traced to our moral and cultural desires to escape this unfairness of our biology. Everyone demands fairness, but evolution doesn't give a fuck about fairness.

I want a world where careers and sex are fair and equal, but I don't know how to get there without a gene editor. Until we have that technology, we have to embrace the fact that our biology evolved without any regard to fairness or equality.

Women will never have career equality. Men will never have sexual equality. And if you think one of these is worse than the other, please refer to my previous statement that evolution doesn't give a fuck about fairness.

We can, as a society, try to counter the forces of biology with laws, but that causes a constant tension that is difficult and expensive to maintain.

Last edited:
Strong 15th post

FailedExperiment41

Mt Everest IQ post
What do you mean by preferences evolving faster than morals though? Which preferences? Sexual preferences are clearly innate and come under the umbrella of biology, so do you mean preferring to behave in a certain way?

Mt Everest IQ post
What do you mean by preferences evolving faster than morals though? Which preferences? Sexual preferences are clearly innate and come under the umbrella of biology, so do you mean preferring to behave in a certain way?

I mean like some northern people in 1840 saying "aww, I feel sorry for black slaves, I think they deserve better. They should be free". That's a preference. But then that evolves into a moral stance like "I refuse to do business with slave states, even if it costs me money." A moral stance is a willingness to sacrifice oneself for a principle.

Great post, I only even found it because it was posted on Incel Tears, I was surprised to see a post like this from the site

That make perfect sense. High IQ sir!
Now I would just like to ask, after such a brilliant speech (not being ironic) what conclusion(s) do you come to?
Should we try to force us into forgetting biology and focus on doing what the society tell us, or the other way around, for exemple?

I have the term "society" because it excuses everyones behaviors in a mob mentality kind of way. Society = people.

Sticky this underrated masterpiece.