Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The cult of rationality/science

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
The cuckold "Where is your source?" v.s. the chad "I use intuition because it's a tool that was perfected in millions of years of evolution!"

Those "rationals" always deny their intuition although it is probably the most important tool a human has, if they saw a bird-like animal that looked like a duck and acted like a duck, they would still not believe you that without seeing a genetic test that showed them what everyone with common sense already knew beforehand - that the animal in question was indeed a duck.

They always want studies, studies and studies, studies which they don't even understand, but unlike you can show them a study that was peer-reviewed by Albert Einstein himself they wouldn't believe you. As soon as you claim something they want hard facts (as if they even fucking knew what they meant), but when they say something "I know a guy who is X" is enough of a source/prove for their claims. And then they accuse you of misrepresenting/misunderstanding something as if they even knew the basics of statistics or could really understand the methodology - how many of these people could define a p-value, a null hypothesis or any other basic term without having to resort to google? (And these are high school terms)

Furthermore, every truth is subjective because humans themselves are. For example: If we had the same empirical data that says "Women talk more than men!" everyone could do a different interpretation, if I was a radical feminist I could say that women only talk more because their words aren't seen as important as the words of men in a patriarchal society and they try to compensate for that by talking more, if I was a MRA I could say that this proves that women dominate males in conversations and try to subjugate them at every given time which is socially only acceptable because we live in a gynocracy. If we had the completely opposite data (e.g. "Women talk less than men!") every person could still come to a conclusion that ultimately supports his world view by adopting the arguments of the other person in the prior example. Perspective is EVERYTHING, there is no objective truth. This would imply that the numbers told you the absolute truth, which they never do, because you can get completely different numbers depending on how you generate the data.

Everyone nowadays talks about statistics/rationality, but the truth is: There is no objective rationality, only subjective rationality depending on the position/perspective of the individual. There is no fucking monopoly on rationality/truth. It's so tiring to see how people pathologize completely normal aspects of the human psyche when their opponent displays them and how they then pretend to be above everything as a bastion of rationality.

Last edited:
They demand studies when intuition does not support their agenda, other times they engage in NAXALT tier fallacies and other appeals to emotion.

You make an interesting point though, a lot of the problems with the world today seem to be due to this obsession to quantify everything through meme metrics and studies, all while losing touch with the human spirit.

I also think this is also another thing that is brutal about the blackpill, a lot of incels seem to be these rationalist types who are into STEM, we bought into the meme that by working hard at school, getting good grades, and working on technical stuff in our own time, we could get ahead in life. All these things are quantifiable progress. In reality it is PEOPLE SKILLS that matter the most.

Very well said, I've been thinking about that for a long time. I love rationality and facts, but it seems people are overly willing to trust some fucking Harvard study or some other place's study like it's the fucking absolute truth. When in fact I know for a fact how fucked the research process truly is. Studies don't prove shit, they just show that some fucking researcher somewhere shat it out for one shady reason or another. That's not to mistrust all studies, of course, that would be lunacy. But a good % of them are indeed bullshit. The best way to lie nowadays is through studies, statistic and what seems like hard facts, when in fact they're just a bunch of misdirections, misinterpretations etc...

Very well said, I've been thinking about that for a long time. I love rationality and facts, but it seems people are overly willing to trust some fucking Harvard study or some other place's study like it's the fucking absolute truth. When in fact I know for a fact how fucked the research process truly is. Studies don't prove shit, they just show that some fucking researcher somewhere shat it out for one shady reason or another. That's not to mistrust all studies, of course, that would be lunacy. But a good % of them are indeed bullshit. The best way to lie nowadays is through studies, statistic and what seems like hard facts, when in fact they're just a bunch of misdirections, misinterpretations etc...
Thank you, man.
They demand studies when intuition does not support their agenda, other times they engage in NAXALT tier fallacies and other appeals to emotion.

You make an interesting point though, a lot of the problems with the world today seem to be due to this obsession to quantify everything through meme metrics and studies, all while losing touch with the human spirit.
This is also something that must be said when it comes to psychatries and the usage of medicaments. The patient isn't seen as a human being anymore but rather as a molecular machine where you can just use chemicals to play with the cogs and fix the problem. It's dehumanizing to a sickening degree and the brain is so poorly understood that you are absolutely fishing in the dark in the moment. True knowledge about causal relationships only exists about the "smaller parts" (e.g. a certain ion channel until very small circuits at best), while next to nothing is truly understood when it comes to the bigger picture. In that moment everything is still so experimental and people still get used as guinea pigs - nowadays you don't use brutal looking electrodes for destroying someone mentally in order to keep them quiet, but some fancy colored pills.

Furthermore, life is sadly today only defined in a strictly biological manner nowadays - it's only a synonym for existence nowadays, the actual life quality is only of a secondary nature, today you see life sustainment at every cost while not giving a fuck about the actual quality of it. A few years as a happy/fulfilled person are better than decades of wageslavery and then only a passive existence as a vegetable with nothing that makes an existence worthwhile. Furthermore, demystifying everything is of course an honorable goal, but still the loss of mysteries is not always a price you actually want to pay.
I also think this is also another thing that is brutal about the blackpill, a lot of incels seem to be these rationalist types who are into STEM, we bought into the meme that by working hard at school, getting good grades, and working on technical stuff in our own time, we could get ahead in life. All these things are quantifiable progress. In reality it is PEOPLE SKILLS that matter the most.
This tbh.

Last edited:
not really interested in postmodernist epistemology but ok

Nothing is true

People ignore how the research is done and any evidence that contradicts their agenda. They dont even question the validity of the studies they use as shields. It's sad that science is reduced to this.

Yes, every time I try to start my car it's a 50/50 chance that it will start, it's all based on perspective.

Bitch, please. Stop talking about science if you don't know shit about science.

What's also dumb is how people worship the scientific consensus as if it's infallible. People really are just making an appeal to authority when they do this. Lots of science is politically controlled to suit an agenda.

I use intuition because it's a tool that was perfected in millions of years of evolution!
Like the rest of the human body, it is not perfect.
every truth is subjective because humans themselves are
The examples you give all agree on a truth though, they just have different interpretations of the cause.

The "studies show" is "the Bible says" of our age.