Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The feeling of being "out of your depth" with something

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I was just thinking about this. How sometimes I'm trying to do something in life (for cash or health or to benefit my social life or whatever it is) and I'm struggling with it. I can't get it to work or I'm new at it or whatever.

And... so I get stressed and I'm hard on myself >.<

But I think the better approach is to accept when you're a bit out of your depth with something and maybe take your time or learn more or if you really can't do it then move on to something else.

Feeling out of your depth sometimes is inevitable. If I was instantly transported right now into the cabin of Apollo 11 I'd have no idea what I was doing, for example!

Just wondered what you guys thought about this :)

I generally zone out and give up whenever I try to learn something new. One time I was learning how to code, but I ran into a problem that I couldn't figure out how to resolve so I ditched it for the time being.