Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The LDAR lifestyle is pointless self-harm

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
It simply makes no sense at all. If you're not going to try your best to make your life as comfortable as possible for yourself, then it follows that suicide is within your best interest. Anything less is essentially an exercise in prolonging and increasing your own suffering for no good reason. As obvious as it might sound, it took me a very long time to fully realize that.

I spent years trying to suppress my desires, trying to simply accept my life as it was. But the more I tried to do this, the further I was from my goal. I was arrogant enough to believe that I could will myself to stop wanting anything, though I was ultimately fooling myself. This wasn't a pursuit that I decided upon due to genuinely believing that it was the best option, or that I was capable of achieving anything close to that, but rather because I was so much of a broken coward that it was the only path available to me. So really all that I accomplished by doing this was making sure that I'd feel the least amount of pleasure possible for no other reason than because I was too dysfunctional and had too many mental barriers to be capable of progressing towards anything that I wanted. Does that sound like someone who would be strong enough to give up on desire? JFL.

It was only when I became determined to kill myself that I realized how stupid I had been, and at that point I decided that instead of killing myself right now, I will use every last bit of energy I have left to live the life I want to live, and to have the experiences which I want until I can't continue any longer.

If you LDAR, all you're doing is deciding to experience a whole lot of pain for no reason, and then doing nothing about it, just letting it happen to you. It's the worst possible path to take, and instead of "getting back at society", all you're doing is sabotaging and harming yourself.

Last edited:
It is what it is :feelsjuice:

What else is there for an inkel to do?

What else is there for an inkel to do?
You can either try to make the best life possible for yourself, or don't. But if you don't then continuing to live on regardless serves no purpose and isn't even within your own best interest.

It simply makes no sense at all. If you're not going to try your best to make your life as comfortable as possible for yourself, then it follows that suicide is within your best interest. Anything less is essentially an exercise in prolonging and increasing your own suffering for no good reason. As obvious as it might sound, it took me a very long time to fully realize that.

I spent years trying to suppress my desires, trying to simply accept my life as it was. But the more I tried to do this, the further I was from my goal. I was arrogant enough to believe that I could will myself to stop wanting anything, though I was ultimately fooling myself. This wasn't a pursuit that I decided upon due to genuinely believing that it was the best option, or that I was capable of achieving anything close to that, but rather because I was so much of a broken coward that it was the only path available to me. So really all that I accomplished by doing this was making sure that I'd feel the least amount of pleasure possible for no other reason than because I was too dysfunctional and had too many mental barriers to be capable of progressing towards anything that I wanted. Does that sound like someone who would be strong enough to give up on desire? JFL.

It was only when I became determined to kill myself that I realized how stupid I had been, and at that point I decided that instead of killing myself right now, I will use every last bit of energy I have left to live the life I want to live, and to have the experiences which I want until I can't continue any longer.

If you LDAR, all you're doing is deciding to experience a whole lot of pain for no reason, and then doing nothing about it, just letting it happen to you. It's the worst possible path to take, and instead of "getting back at society", all you're doing is sabotaging and harming yourself.

LDAR is a life in limbo, a space in between 'life' and death. It's for incels who have trouble choosing.

But what can I do, no skills no gf experiences, poor social skills, addicted to computer, etc, etc.

I agree LDAR is horrible but it's extremely hard to get past your survival instinct and commit suicide

But where do I find the motivation to make my life better?

In my case it was my pain which motivated me to change.

Hmm, I am in pain but it's still not motivation enough... maybe I've just completely lost all hope. Is it over for me?

Hmm, I am in pain but it's still not motivation enough... maybe I've just completely lost all hope. Is it over for me?
Well I'm not sure, however I reached a point where I became completely determined to end my suffering. But yeah hopelessness might make it difficult to do anything if it isn't bad enough for you to pursue ending your life, given that other goals seem unreachable. Another of my biggest problems was learned helplessness, which more or less crippled me in all aspects of life. Problems like fear, depression, social anxiety, these added onto it.

Well I'm not sure, however I reached a point where I became completely determined to end my suffering. But yeah hopelessness might make it difficult to do anything if it isn't bad enough for you to pursue ending your life, given that other goals seem unreachable. Another of my biggest problems was learned helplessness, which more or less crippled me in all aspects of life. Problems like fear, depression, social anxiety, these added onto it.

I hope I can reach that turning point in life soon, something might click, you never know. I don't really have any goals in life other than getting surgery, and this pandemic put a huge dent in that. But recently I've started to wonder if surgerymaxxing will even be worth it and if I even want a girlfriend anyway. I don't feel like the immense effort will be worth the reward in the end. Aside from having a gf, I don't think self improvement will ever make me happy, I'll still be lonely and detached from everything

I hope I can reach that turning point in life soon, something might click, you never know. I don't really have any goals in life other than getting surgery, and this pandemic put a huge dent in that. But recently I've started to wonder if surgerymaxxing will even be worth it and if I even want a girlfriend anyway. I don't feel like the immense effort will be worth the reward in the end. Aside from having a gf, I don't think self improvement will ever make me happy, I'll still be lonely and detached from everything
Only you know what you actually want.

All I can tell you is that I'm a hedonist who spent years pretending otherwise to the point where I actually fooled myself. It all seems so silly now, but of course I had issues which prevented me from doing much of anything, and I was outright enabled to have them.

Only you know what you actually want.

All I can tell you is that I'm a hedonist who spent years pretending otherwise to the point where I actually fooled myself. It all seems so silly now, but of course I had issues which prevented me from doing much of anything, and I was outright enabled to have them.
Yeah tbh I used to read your posts and sometimes they'd hit me hard because it seemed like you were in a very bad place. I think I just need to have one final attempt at life and see where it takes me, find out once and for all whether it will be worth it or not

We're not trying to force ourselves to suffer. We're just totally unmotivated. We have no will to do anything. But I'm guessing most of us still have a little bit of hope, and we sit and wait to see what happens next

Yeah tbh I used to read your posts and sometimes they'd hit me hard because it seemed like you were in a very bad place. I think I just need to have one final attempt at life and see where it takes me, find out once and for all whether it will be worth it or not
The worst thing you can do is not at least try.

I mean I don't have a gf, or even any irl friends yet, however I still feel a lot better. I'm no longer afraid to do things, or to go places. I can go wherever I want now, my world is bigger than just my house.

No motivation. Ldaring is so comfortable

:soy:
Take your redpill self help shit somewhere else, this is incels.co bitch

This is basically what I've been saying for a while. If you are willing to commit suicide, which is a drastic measure to end one's suffering, why wouldn't you be willing to take smaller drastic measures to end one's hardships.

:soy:
Take your redpill self help shit somewhere else, this is incels.co bitch
32326.jpg

LDAR eases the pain in the short or even medium term, but definitely makes things much worse in the long run. Even if you don't manage to actually improve your life, remaining somewhat active helps preventing depression going out of control. I understand it can be difficult to find the motivation though.

Rope is my destiny.

i hope my parent rich and i can LDAR

high IQ. retards in this thread calling this redpill. he's not saying that acting like this will get you pussy. just that every day won't be as miserable as it would be if you never exercised, ate like shit, and stopped showering.

at that point I decided that instead of killing myself right now, I will use every last bit of energy I have left to live the life I want to live, and to have the experiences which I want until I can't continue any longer.
this part is kinda weird though, because you simply can't live the life you want to live or have the experiences you want. tbh your every action ought to be oriented towards securing a suicide method you can actually go through with. if you can't jump off a building maybe you can push a button to detonate dynamite positioned at your brainstem