Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel The mind

Does the mind exist?

• Essentially the same (in terms of your personality being erased)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not the same (you still have the same "mind" as before in case 3)

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
nasser22

nasser22

Dotpilled poopcel
-
Are those essentially the same to live out?

1. You dying, someone is born after you.
  2. Brain of someone else put in your body instead of yours (meanwhile, your brain is destroyed).
  3. Falling in a coma, then waking up with complete amnesia.

If the mind exists, this might be lifefuel to incels as it would make occultmaxxing and religionmaxxing useful (or at the very least not pathetic).

Also if it does, it must reside in your brain (ie. it can be agreed upon, as in case 2, that changing the brain but keeping the rest makes the body not you). But what special thing is there about your brain?

We don't exist. We're just neurons and synapses trapped inside of a meat bag. Once the meat bag goes, we disappear forever

We don't exist. We're just neurons and synapses trapped inside of a meat bag. Once the meat bag goes, we disappear forever
If our brains are physically the same, than why am I the subject and you the object (from my perspective)? Why can anyone attest to such an asymmetry despite knowing we're all similar?

If our brains are physically the same, than why am I the subject and you the object (from my perspective)? Why can anyone attest to such an asymmetry despite knowing we're all similar?
the brain physically is the same but the stuff inside the brain isn't. It's kinda like how you and me can buy the same ssd, physically they are the exact same, but both can have different data on the ssd

If you were me you would accept the rumbling

"You" is just memory, humans share the same brain architecture, we're not even brain, we're just memory.