Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Official Horror Movie Thread

I am obsessed with horror movies. I have almost 500 titles under my belt, even though this number could have been a lot higher if it weren't for long periods where I didn't watch a single horror movie. ITT let's talk about horror movies. What horror movie is your favorite? Which one is the worst? Which releases are you looking forward to? And what did you watch most recently? As for me, I am planning on watching The Fly 2 tomorrow, skipping the original and going straight for the sequel. I am genuinely excited for the upcoming Grudge movie, the rating on IMDb is quite disappointing, but ratings don't mean anything. Although it does influence curious people as to whether or not they should watch it. Even the 2004 version has a 5.9 albeit with almost 135,000 votes.
I can't watch horror movies. They are too scary.
I love reading horror stories though

Which one are you talking about? I have watched The Ring a couple of times already, but Lake Mungo is the type of movie you just watch once, or at least that is how I am doing it. For me, it has no replay value even though it is a movie that stuck with me for quite some time.
Oh I'm dumb and quoted your whole comment.
I watched The Ring a few years ago, but as you said, a rewatch might be worth it.
But I meant Lake Mungo.
I already watched a trailed and it looks interesting.

none for me, too scary

I don't really watch any horror movies. The last one I watched was Cabin the the Woods and I thought it was bad. Everyone was saying how good it was and it received good reviews online, but for me it didn't live up to my expectations.
I thought Cabin in the Woods was really bad, trying too hard to be clever, but then I watched it in the expectation it was going to be a standard horror, I didn't realise it was one of these movies trying to be too clever for its own good. I wouldn't take it as an indicator of the wider horror genre.

I often find widespread popular opinion differs from my perception of a film. I watched one a few months ago, can't remember the name but it had some omnipresent giant creature who was extremely sensitive to sound and the protagonists had to be constantly on eggshells, trying to avoid making a sound to avoid detection and destruction by it. Most reviews lauded it as some sort of modern masterpiece but I found it incredibly boring to the point I can't even remember its name.

first decapitation mogged all the rest imo
I burst out laughing when I saw it. Not because I enjoyed it, but, because I never saw it coming.

I can't watch horror movies. They are too scary.
I love reading horror stories though
You will get over your fear one day. I remember being in elementary school and seeing a still frame of Chucky in Seed of Chucky. I legit started bawling. Now I watch the scariest shit ever all by myself at night. If I can do it, so can you. Also, I am such a big fan of creepypasta! I love reading scary stories as well but I don't think I could go through books. I do remember reading Goosebumps books when I was in elementary school, though.

Oh I'm dumb and quoted your whole comment.
I watched The Ring a few years ago, but as you said, a rewatch might be worth it.
But I meant Lake Mungo.
I already watched a trailed and it looks interesting.
No, you're not dumb. It is I who is dumb. He he he. Anyway, let me know what you think of Lake Mungo once you've seen it. Before watching it, I remember people talking about "THAT scene" and obviously I never knew what it was, until I watched the movie and figured out what "THAT scene" might be. I have to say that "THAT scene" did stick with me for more than I'd like to admit. I would legit go to the bathroom to take a leak and then sprint my way back after washing my hands. Good times.

none for me, too scary
One day you will! Start off with less scary movies... try going for horror comedies or PG-13 horror movies. Or, black-and-white horror movies from the 1960s, 1950s, 1940s, et cetera.

I found it incredibly boring to the point I can't even remember its name.
You are talking about A Quiet Place. I actually enjoyed it, there is a sequel coming out this year. By no means was it a masterpiece, though.

Nope not a fan of reading subtitles
That is too bad. I have found that the best horror movies I have ever watched were non-English.

ngl I hate being scared and I don't watch horror movies. Only ones I've seen were Hills Have Eyes and Mama
Intro from the first one still seems creepy as fuck to me.

oh and I've seen Diatlov Pass movie with time travel but it was mostly funny.

ngl I hate being scared and I don't watch horror movies. Only ones I've seen were Hills Have Eyes and Mama
Intro from the first one still seems creepy as fuck to me.

oh and I've seen Diatlov Pass movie with time travel but it was mostly funny.

That is the thing, I don't get scared by horror movies. At the most, I get creeped out. Even this happens very rarely. So I am always looking for a movie that can creep me out. Last movie to somewhat accomplish this was Hereditary. But nothing - save for one horror movie - that makes me close my eyes. Albeit I close my eyes during the rewatching of that movie not because I am too scared to watch it, but because I want to preserve the feeling I had when I watched it the first time, and it scared me shitless. I have seen both movies you mentioned, and I have not only seen the original THHE but also the remake. I think the remake is more gruesome. Same thing goes for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the remake is more brutal than the original due to superior film-making skills. I have not seen the Diatlov Pass movie, though.

That is the thing, I don't get scared by horror movies. At the most, I get creeped out. Even this happens very rarely. So I am always looking for a movie that can creep me out. Last movie to somewhat accomplish this was Hereditary. But nothing - save for one horror movie - that makes me close my eyes. Albeit I close my eyes during the rewatching of that movie not because I am too scared to watch it, but because I want to preserve the feeling I had when I watched it the first time, and it scared me shitless. I have seen both movies you mentioned, and I have not only seen the original THHE but also the remake. I think the remake is more gruesome. Same thing goes for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the remake is more brutal than the original due to superior film-making skills. I have not seen the Diatlov Pass movie, though.
What is the movie that makes you close your eyes?
Also what did you think about Mama?

I have only watched part 1, I thought it was quite enjoyable though.
First one could have been great but that faggot from stranger things didnt stop making jokes the whole fucking movie, literally every dialogue had a joke. Capeshit has done too much damage to the film industry

What is the movie that makes you close your eyes?
The movie that actually scared the hell out me despite having watched horror movies for nearly a decade and having seen almost 500 horror movies was none other than (CHECK YOUR PM!) I will quote some reviews that may illustrate my point. Only during subsequent rewatches have I closed my eyes so that I will not become desensitized to it because I absolutely loved having had the hell scared out of me since I never dreamed it possible. "This film is the scariest film i've ever seen in my whole life." /// "This has got to be THE most scary film I have ever seen. Even more scary than [...]"

As for Mama, I actually enjoyed it. I found out it was based on a short movie but I skipped that one because I felt I should watch the full movie instead. It is one of the better modern horror movies if you ask me. The actor that plays Mama is actually a guy.

Btw. what do you guys think about It follows?
I haven't watched it yet, but the concept seems pretty cool, even though the movie is probably a little bit sexualized :feelsseriously:.

First one could have been great but that faggot from stranger things didnt stop making jokes the whole fucking movie, literally every dialogue had a joke. Capeshit has done too much damage to the film industry
Status truly halos a person because femorrhoids absolutely adore that kiddo. I'll still give it a watch considering I paid for the first movie.

I haven't watched it yet, but the concept seems pretty cool, even though the movie is probably a little bit sexualized :feelsseriously:.

I haven't watched it either, yet. The idea around it is too degenerate for my taste that I just refuse to watch it. But people praise it, and it's devoid of jump scares so maybe I should watch it. It's however suifuel for incels, but at the same lifefuel if you know what the movie is about.

SPOILER WARNING
I just finished It Comes at Night. It was a very slow movie and the payoff could have been a bit better. I was hoping I could have seen a bit more of what the disease does to people and have some type of explanation about what's going on or what exactly happens during the night. Even though the ending left me a bit unsatisfied I though that it did a good job at being shocking,brutal and somewhat unexpected.

Has anyone seen Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? How scary is it?

SPOILER WARNING
I just finished It Comes at Night. It was a very slow movie and the payoff could have been a bit better. I was hoping I could have seen a bit more of what the disease does to people and have some type of explanation about what's going on or what exactly happens during the night. Even though the ending left me a bit unsatisfied I though that it did a good job at being shocking,brutal and somewhat unexpected.
I hadn't watched it in the fear that it may be a let-down. Guess I should give it a chance.

Has anyone seen Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? How scary is it?
I haven't, but I will watch tomorrow and let you know if I can torrent it.

Wrong Turn
Jeepers Creepers
The Descent

Those are some pretty good horror films from the early 2000s
I could list hundreds of 1900 - 2000 horror films, but it'd be too long of a list tbh

Mama was great. Really eerie, unnerving vibe. I prefer films like this, where there's a lot of psychological tension, as opposed to seeing people getting butchered left, right and centre.

I wasn't keen on it. Wouldn't watch it again.

I've seen countless horrors, mainly on Netflix, some great, some poor, some much more memorable than others. Last one I watched was Unfriended: Dark Web which was great. I saw the original in the cinema, thought it was okay without being anything special, but then watched it a few more times on Netflix and really enjoyed it, and the sequel is even better imo. It's an interesting concept to have a film as one long, continuous shot and takes skill to make it work but they pulled it off really well.

My favourite horror franchise has to be The Ring. I must have seen the original at least five times and it never gets old. The mood that is built up throughout the film with the dull colours and soundtrack is so captivating.

Wrong Turn
Jeepers Creepers
The Descent

Those are some pretty good horror films from the early 2000s
I could list hundreds of 1900 - 2000 horror films, but it'd be too long of a list tbh
I have seen all Wrong Turn movies, honestly, I do hate the concept of a bunch of giga-inbred brutally murdering people even though they are normies. So I'm not a fan of these movies. Maybe that is a blackpill in itself. But I also remember watching Wrong Turn & Wrong Turn 2 on some Synchtube channel and it was a lot of fun because you're able to watch it with others and there's a real-time chat that people engaged in. LULZ were had.
My favourite horror franchise has to be The Ring.
It is one of my favorite horror movies. I like both the original and the remake for different reasons but if I had to recommend either of the two, I'd go with the US remake because it's faster-paced.

I have also watched Unfriended but I didn't think it was anything special. I will watch the sequel since you are speaking highly of it.

Also, have you also seen the other Japanese Ring movies?

I have seen nearly all of your favorite horror movies save for The Babadook because of reddit's r/horror circle-jerk. The Ring is also one of my favorites. Have you seen the original?
There's two o_o? I have seen the 2002 one, so probably not the original.

There's two o_o? I have seen the 2002 one, so probably not the original.
The Ring is actually an American remake of the original Japanese which was released in 1998. It is called Ringu, but I prefer to call it Ring. The Ring is officially a trilogy now with Rings having been released in 2017. But the Japanese franchise has lots of movies. I will list both the American movies and the Japanese movies.

American movies:

The Ring (2002) > The Ring Two (2005) > Rings (2017)

Japanese movies:

Ringu (1998) > Ringu 2 (1999) > Ringu 0: Birthday (2002)

Rasen (1998) > Sadako 3D (2012) > Sadako 3D 2 (2013) > Sadako (2019)

I created two separate rows for the Japanese movies because the second row follows another book than the first row does.

Ah, there is also a crossover that was released in 2016. It's so much fun to watch it. It's... Wait for it....

Sadako vs Kayako (2016)! It's basically The Ring vs The Grudge.

The focus isn't on making it scary but making it fun to watch, in my opinion. The Ring mythology has slightly changed for this movie; instead of Sadako's curse claiming you after 7 days, it claims you after 2 days instead. I watched it once by myself and second time with my brother and his friend. They were terrified! Haha.

How could I forget, aside from the US remake there is also a South Korean remake.

The Ring Virus (1999)

It's basically the same as Ring (1998) but I enjoyed watching it anyway.

There is also a 1995 Ring movie as well as a TV series that I've never watched but they do not contain Sadako, she first appeared on the big screen in 1998. The director actually is the reason she exists and he's to be credited with bringing the pale, long-haired ghost on screens worldwide. If you ask me, that makes him the most influential director ever.

The Ring is actually an American remake of the original Japanese which was released in 1998. It is called Ringu, but I prefer to call it Ring. The Ring is officially a trilogy now with Rings having been released in 2017. But the Japanese franchise has lots of movies. I will list both the American movies and the Japanese movies.

American movies:

Japanese movies:

Ringu (1998) > Ringu 2 (1999) > Ringu 0: Birthday (2002)

Rasen (1998) > Sadako 3D (2012) > Sadako 3D 2 (2013) > Sadako (2019)

I created two separate rows for the Japanese movies because the second row follows another book than the first row does.

Ah, there is also a crossover that was released in 2016. It's so much fun to watch it. It's... Wait for it....

Sadako vs Kayako (2016)! It's basically The Ring vs The Grudge.

The focus isn't on making it scary but making it fun to watch, in my opinion. The Ring mythology has slightly changed for this movie; instead of Sadako's curse claiming you after 7 days, it claims you after 2 days instead. I watched it once by myself and second time with my brother and his friend. They were terrified! Haha.

How could I forget, aside from the US remake there is also a South Korean remake.

The Ring Virus (1999)

It's basically the same as Ring (1998) but I enjoyed watching it anyway.

There is also a 1995 Ring movie as well as a TV series that I've never watched but they do not contain Sadako, she first appeared on the big screen in 1998. The director actually is the reason she exists and he's to be credited with bringing the pale, long-haired ghost on screens worldwide. If you ask me, that makes him the most influential director ever.
Which is best? Are all three rows of movies worth watching?

Which is best? Are all three rows of movies worth watching?

I would say Ring (1998), The Ring (2002) and Ring 2 (1999) are the best ones. Ring 2 isn't as good but it's definitely got some creepy shit in there. I still remember one of the scares there.. really got me.
Also, Sadako vs Kayako because it's very fun to watch, in my opinion. After all, it all started as an April's fools joke until everyone dug the idea of such a movie happening that it happened.

I rmb this japanese horror film about a cursed apartment complex where the residents need to return every night before a particular time....

I rmb this japanese horror film about a cursed apartment complex where the residents need to return every night before a particular time....
You are thinking of Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro: Yūrei Mansion. I actually enjoyed it but was disappointed the ghost was just a cute girl. It had a plot twist I didn't see coming.

American movies:

Agreed.
I liked The Ring Two but thought the fact that Samara appears in demon form more often detracts from her scare factor a bit, whereas in the first one she only appears as a demon in two scenes, the latter of which (TV scene) is utterly terrifying.
I was a bit disappointed with Rings when I saw it in the cinema as I was looking forward to seeing Samara on the big screen but felt there were too many plot holes. Have you seen the short film of the same name that was on the DVD re-release? It was fantastic. So much tension crammed into 17 minutes.

I haven't seen the Japanese films; I'd imagine it would be hard to top the American ones.

Agreed.
I liked The Ring Two but thought the fact that Samara appears in demon form more often detracts from her scare factor a bit, whereas in the first one she only appears as a demon in two scenes, the latter of which (TV scene) is utterly terrifying.
I was a bit disappointed with Rings when I saw it in the cinema as I was looking forward to seeing Samara on the big screen but felt there were too many plot holes. Have you seen the short film of the same name that was on the DVD re-release? It was fantastic. So much tension crammed into 17 minutes.

I haven't seen the Japanese films; I'd imagine it would be hard to top the American ones.
I was also disappointed with Rings, as well as how disappointing the box office was. It was pretty much a cash grab, looking back at it now. They didn't improve on the story at all, it became one of those typical modern horror movies where there is no reliance on atmosphere but jump scares. I watched it at the movie theater as well.

I haven't seen the short Rings, no, but I feel that I should, because people really liked it. Apparently, the entire cult idea came from that short? Or something.

And, yeah, the Japanese Ring movies focus on atmosphere so the average westerner might find it boring to sit through these. I must admit, I was bored as well the first time I watched it. But I learned to love slow burners and so I started liking it a lot when I rewatched it. But some of the sequels are reliant on jump scares however these movies were still fun to watch. I personally think after the TV scene, the other creepiest scenes from the franchise are from Ring 2 (1999). I suggest giving it a watch, even if you hate slow movies. Just for those scenes! Might not be creepy to you but they were to me.

I saw "the children recently". About kids murdering their parents. It was sily but i liked it

watch my penis by my penis
directed by: my penis
orchestrated by my penis
soundtrack: my penis
ur mom? my penis

I haven't watched a horror movie in like 5 years, the most recent thing i watched was Traces Of Death. a mondo film, The scene where they are pulling the guys organs out and gutting him like a fish is still disgusting to me.

Scream (1996) is one of my favorites, although the ending is disappointing.

That's one of my favorites too. I also liked "I know what you did last summer" and "The faculty".

Has anyone watched the new The Grudge movie? What did you all think of it? I am planning to watch it on the 9th. No spoilers, please!

I saw "the children recently". About kids murdering their parents. It was sily but i liked it
Damn, lol! I saw a French movie about >>>spoiler ahead<<< kids terrorizing and then killing a couple. It was named Ils and it sucked balls.

I haven't watched a horror movie in like 5 years, the most recent thing i watched was Traces Of Death. a mondo film, The scene where they are pulling the guys organs out and gutting him like a fish is still disgusting to me.
Get on it! That scene sounds like it is something for gore-hounds.

I love Scream as well, I actually love the ending though. Why didn't you like it? I watched it at the movie theater years ago. They showed it because of the 20th anniversary, and my brother went with me. He is usually high IQ when it comes to figuring out movies, heck, he even guessed Oldboy's twist way in the beginning, but when the killers were revealed, he said he totally did not see it coming.

That's one of my favorites too. I also liked "I know what you did last summer" and "The faculty".
I really liked I Know What You Did Last Summer as well, but I have never seen The Faculty although two days ago I watched the first 45 minutes or so. I really did not expect Usher to be there & I also loved that they were using pop punk in the soundtrack.

I really liked I Know What You Did Last Summer as well, but I have never seen The Faculty although two days ago I watched the first 45 minutes or so. I really did not expect Usher to be there & I also loved that they were using pop punk in the soundtrack.
It also had jon stewart as the professor. There was a weird mix of actors in that movie, but it was still well done. What a coincidence you started watching it two days ago for the first time.

It Follows is good.

Haven't seen many other recent good horror movies.
Has anyone watched the new The Grudge movie?

A new one? Might check it out. I remember watching the first one in theaters when I was like 7 and actually being scared with my brother.

There was a movie I watched as a little kid where a guy was possessed or sickened by something and he went day after day worse. The only scene I remember was were he was pulling all his teeth out into a bathtub.
I've been serching for this movie for a while now but I can't remember the name. Must be from the 90's cause I was a kid when I watched it. Maybe you can help me, would appreciate

Idle Hands was good too.

Last edited:
RtZPe8b

I'm going to give a shout out to House at the End of the Street. This is a prominent example of a film of which my opinion seems to differ from the majority - it's one of my favourites I discovered on Netflix, yet it's been widely panned by critics. There's something about it that resonates for me - the protagonist is a tortured soul, and it's a fucked up background story. It also has one of the most terrifying opening scenes I've seen in any film.

The last film I watched was Hacked (2014). It has a similar vibe to Unfriended, which I enjoyed, although the footage is taken from a variety of laptop and phone cameras, rather than one long continuous shot. It was decent enough, would probably watch again.

-Insidious, good terror movie

any feminist ideal movie is a nightmare for me tbh, or movies about highschool. Torture relived

Anyone seen doctor sleep? Sequel to The Shining. It has 7.5 on imdb, I'm planning to watch it some day tbh.

horror movies and thrillers are fine

i saw
a few days ago, it was pretty good

What better way to celebrate my 20,000th post than to revive this thread? So, I've not been able to watch a lot of horror movies, but the most recent one I watched was The Grudge 2020. I was so looking forward to it when it was announced, I even remember when it still had a 2019 release date. I'm a big Grudge fan and I was honestly kind of disappointed in this 2020 version. Not only did they get rid of what made the series so iconic, they also completely missed the point of the original movies. It was never about jump scares, but that's exactly what this movie turned out like. It's not deserving of all the hate that it's been getting, but I can understand where it's coming from. What I did like was the cinematography and I liked the soundtrack as well. But that's as far it goes. Unfortunately the ending was a rip-off of The Grudge 3. But that doesn't mean I want this franchise to die, I enjoy it often, but this is easily the worst one in the entire franchise. I'm looking forward to any sequels this might have, as long as they learn from their mistakes and bring back Kayako. Just a few seconds of her in the beginning was so not enough. What did you guys think of The Grudge 2020?