Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Official Horror Movie Thread

RREEEEEEEEE

RREEEEEEEEE

unattractive.
★★★★★
I am obsessed with horror movies. I have almost 500 titles under my belt, even though this number could have been a lot higher if it weren't for long periods where I didn't watch a single horror movie. ITT let's talk about horror movies. What horror movie is your favorite? Which one is the worst? Which releases are you looking forward to? And what did you watch most recently? As for me, I am planning on watching The Fly 2 tomorrow, skipping the original and going straight for the sequel. I am genuinely excited for the upcoming Grudge movie, the rating on IMDb is quite disappointing, but ratings don't mean anything. Although it does influence curious people as to whether or not they should watch it. Even the 2004 version has a 5.9 albeit with almost 135,000 votes.

I watched hereditary,it was pretty good.

I watched hereditary,it was pretty good.
It seemed like a big hit. I watched it as well and it was enjoyable, two moments were creepy in my opinion when
the mom is possessed and chases the son; specifically when he hides in the cellar (is that the word?) And she is on the ceiling banging her head repeatedly against the ceiling door (is that the word?) And the other one being a few moments later where she's cutting her own head off with a wire while staring at her son.

Also people thought I was messed up for laughing when
the low IQ sister gets decapitated. I laughed because I didn't expect it to happen.

What is your favourite horror movie of all time? What is your favourite horror movie franchise?

Loved this one

Noroi: the Curse is one of my favorites. It's amazing. I have only watched it twice or thrice and I remember showing it to my Chaddam friend who was into horror movies at the time. Towards the ending sequence he told me to shut it off repeatedly and walked away. He stopped watching horror movies thereafter.
What is your favourite horror movie of all time? What is your favourite horror movie franchise?
My favorite horror movie of all time? Wow, that is tricky.. there are so many horror movies that I love so much that I can't just pick one. I think I will go for I Saw the Devil. Same thing goes for franchise. I might have to go with A Nightmare on Elm Street, though. However whenever I binge watch Halloween or Friday the 13th, those become my favorites. What about you?

Noroi: the Curse is one of my favorites. It's amazing. I have only watched it twice or thrice and I remember showing it to my Chaddam friend who was into horror movies at the time. Towards the ending sequence he told me to shut it off repeatedly and walked away. He stopped watching horror movies thereafter.

My favorite horror movie of all time? Wow, that is tricky.. there are so many horror movies that I love so much that I can't just pick one. I think I will go for I Saw the Devil. Same thing goes for franchise. I might have to go with A Nightmare on Elm Street, though. However whenever I binge watch Halloween or Friday the 13th, those become my favorites. What about you?
Can you help me with the name of a movie
All I remember it was b&w
It was really weird and I don't think there was audio
There's this figure that's sitting on a rocking chair in this weird house
This person/thing was wearing a white sheet?
Can't really remember what it was doing exactly
But I think it was bleeding?
There was a scene of somebody crawling on the ground

I don't really watch any horror movies. The last one I watched was Cabin the the Woods and I thought it was bad. Everyone was saying how good it was and it received good reviews online, but for me it didn't live up to my expectations.

My dream is to be Jigsaw

Ever seen the Poughkeepsie tapes?

The problem with horror movies is theres so much trash in this genre. I wish they did better plots and with more artistical value.

@Nothingness what is your favourite

No. I don't like japaniece stuff. I have a strong aversion to everything japanese
IMG 20191215 182148

I recommend the Grudge series.
I have a crush on Kayako. I want her to haunt me
320px-Kayako_Saeki.jpeg

Our life is the best horror movie

this one is pretty good tbh
very bad IMDb rating(5.9) which I don't understand
oh btw the trailer is also bullshit, just watch the film if you haven't and don't read anything about it.
I highly recommend it, its not very popular tho

Last edited:
I find horror movies boring ngl

Can you help me with the name of a movie
All I remember it was b&w
It was really weird and I don't think there was audio
There's this figure that's sitting on a rocking chair in this weird house
This person/thing was wearing a white sheet?
Can't really remember what it was doing exactly
But I think it was bleeding?
There was a scene of somebody crawling on the ground
Late response, but you are talking about Begotten. It is from 1990! Enjoy. It is really just an experimental, artsy fartsy horror "movie," I have never watched it myself but I knew exacty what you were talking about.
I don't really watch any horror movies. The last one I watched was Cabin the the Woods and I thought it was bad. Everyone was saying how good it was and it received good reviews online, but for me it didn't live up to my expectations.
Cabin in the Woods is only good to horror fans, and bad to non-horror fans.

i really liked as aboce so below and room 1408

Ever seen the Poughkeepsie tapes?
Yes! One of my favorites. The interview scene with the victim gives me goosebumps all the time. BTW, there is a theory floating around that asserts that the killer is the interviewer, because the victim says "I don't know what you want me to say." That makes it even creepier, if you ask me.
i really liked as aboce so below and room 1408
So Above was indeed awesome to watch. I hage not watched Room 1408, I will watch tomorrow.
The problem with horror movies is theres so much trash in this genre. I wish they did better plots and with more artistical value.
Well, if you want a horror movie with a good plot, you should really go for mystery thrillers.
No. I don't like japaniece stuff. I have a strong aversion to everything japanese
But why? The Japanese place importance on atmosphere rather than cheap jump tactics.
I recommend the Grudge series.
I have a crush on Kayako. I want her to haunt me
320px-Kayako_Saeki.jpeg
I love the series, no idea how you can get turned on by her. Hearing her death rattle freaks me out.
View attachment 184327

this one is pretty good tbh
very bad IMDb rating(5.9) which I don't understand
oh btw the trailer is also bullshit, just watch the film if you haven't and don't read anything about it.
I highly recommend it, its not very popular tho
IMDb ratings are a bad indication for horror movies. The Grudge has a meagre 5.9, and its follow up an even lower score, but The Grudge 2 is the scariest English-language horror movie to me, and ironically enough it is technically Japanese. Anyway I will watch Kristy tomorrow, I have heard it mentioned quite often but never bothered to watch it.

Last edited:
Nice thread, ive been watching more horror movies lately. I really liked "Haunter", it was really well-written and very suspenseful, though the main character is a jb there is no teen love and the story takes place in the 1980s. Others I liked that i watched recently were "Farm house" "The hole in the ground" and "Wildling"

As for horror movies i recommend not to watch: "The Blackcoats daughter" way too confusing for me though the ending isn't bad if u like dark shit, "Shut it" way too predictable and not that scary, "Don't blink" shit ending and sui fuel to watch as an incel tbh

Late response, but you are talking about Begotten. It is from 1990! Enjoy. It is really just an experimental, artsy fartsy horror "movie," I have never watched it myself but I knew exacty what you were talking about.
Thanks! I'm going to rewatch it:feelslala:

Nice thread, ive been watching more horror movies lately. I really liked "Haunter", it was really well-written and very suspenseful, though the main character is a jb there is no teen love and the story takes place in the 1980s. Others I liked that i watched recently were "Farm house" "The hole in the ground" and "Wildling"

As for horror movies i recommend not to watch: "The Blackcoats daughter" way too confusing for me though the ending isn't bad if u like dark shit, "Shut it" way too predictable and not that scary, "Don't blink" shit ending and sui fuel to watch as an incel tbh
Thanks, glad you like the thread! Always nice to talk to fellow horror fans. Where did you watch these movies? I actually watched The Blackcoat's Daughter when it was released, but back then it was called February. I enjoyed it. I do not remember it as confusing, I actually forgot about it. I remember liking the atmosphere.
i loved the ties to dantes inferno
my favourite horror movie ngl
What else do you like?

What do I watch tonight?
Any recommendations?

Where do you guys watch older horror movies. I'm a netflixcel but most of theirs are shit.

Greatest horror movie of all time right here in this video in my opinion.

I'm a Saw, Insidious and Conjuring universe fanboy. James Wan is a legend. Haven't seen a movie that he's had a role in yet to dissapointed (although the latest Anabelle was a bit shit).

What do I watch tonight?
Any recommendations?
I recommend The Ring or Lake Mungo.
Where do you guys watch older horror movies. I'm a netflixcel but most of theirs are shit.
I torrent them. Rarbg.to is a good place for torrents in my opinion.

Greatest horror movie of all time right here in this video in my opinion.

I have actually never watched this because reddit soyboys kept praising it over and over and over and over again that it put me off. Same with the Babadook, The Fly, The Witch although I watched it.
I'm a Saw, Insidious and Conjuring universe fanboy. James Wan is a legend. Haven't seen a movie that he's had a role in yet to dissapointed (although the latest Anabelle was a bit shit).
The first Saw is really good. Same goes for Insidious. Have you watched Dead Silence? I think it is on par with Insidious or even better if you ask me. I think I will go with being better.

I am obsessed with horror movies. I have almost 500 titles under my belt, even though this number could have been a lot higher if it weren't for long periods where I didn't watch a single horror movie. ITT let's talk about horror movies. What horror movie is your favorite? Which one is the worst? Which releases are you looking forward to? And what did you watch most recently? As for me, I am planning on watching The Fly 2 tomorrow, skipping the original and going straight for the sequel. I am genuinely excited for the upcoming Grudge movie, the rating on IMDb is quite disappointing, but ratings don't mean anything. Although it does influence curious people as to whether or not they should watch it. Even the 2004 version has a 5.9 albeit with almost 135,000 votes.
I'm also a fan of horror, but I think it's generally a crappy genre where movies are mostly just worth watching once, but it's a good scare and good for low attention span people like me that can't focus unless I'm scared to shit. My favourites are:
The exorcist
The ring
Babadook
Sinister
Conjuring 1&2(jumpscary but still good)
Hereditary

I'm looking forward to the new lovecraft movie Colour out of Space

I watched IT 2 this year, probably the worst movie I have ever seem

I need to grow some balls cuz if its about stalking, i get creeped out.

I haven't watched many but The Thing 1982 is my favorite. Have you seen it and thoughts?

Thanks, I might check this one out
Which one are you talking about? I have watched The Ring a couple of times already, but Lake Mungo is the type of movie you just watch once, or at least that is how I am doing it. For me, it has no replay value even though it is a movie that stuck with me for quite some time.

I'm also a fan of horror, but I think it's generally a crappy genre where movies are mostly just worth watching once, but it's a good scare and good for low attention span people like me that can't focus unless I'm scared to shit.
I have seen nearly all of your favorite horror movies save for The Babadook because of reddit's r/horror circle-jerk. The Ring is also one of my favorites. Have you seen the original?

I watched IT 2 this year, probably the worst movie I have ever seem
I have only watched part 1, I thought it was quite enjoyable though.

I need to grow some balls cuz if its about stalking, i get creeped out.
Then I suggest you don't watch 2014's Creep.

These were some pretty decent clown movies.
I have only watched Clown (2014) - I really liked it, and I was quite surprised at the on-screen gore that they showed considering the movie has kids in it.

is it interesting? most japanese horror movies are slow af and shitty
It's very interesting and well-made, but it is VERY slow. Indeed, Japanese horror movies are mostly slow-burners, but, it serves a purpose: creating a dreadful atmosphere that keeps building up. That is how I will precisely describe Noroi: the Curse as well. I think it's worth to watch it, just so you can say "So, I have finally watched it." You can watch it on Kissasian.sh - English subtitles are included.

I haven't watched many but The Thing 1982 is my favorite. Have you seen it and thoughts?
I have actually never seen it, but I have heard about it very often. The horror subreddit is obsessed with it and that's what turned me off from watching it; constantly topping every "Best Horror Movie Ever" list. It just annoyed me that I was put off by the idea of watching it. But after having spent enough time away from that subreddit and as well fellow incels' loving it, I think I will watch it. No, I WILL watch it. Tomorrow. I'll post a link to my review if you want.

dont agree.
Middle part was definetly the best but the ending was also good
Middle part? What part is that exactly? Personally I found the ending to be the best as I described the two scenes I personally found to be creepy.

Middle part? What part is that exactly? Personally I found the ending to be the best as I described the two scenes I personally found to be creepy.
first decapitation mogged all the rest imo