Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The only way I'll ever be moderately happy is if I become self-employed/start a business. But it seems my personality just isn't suited for that.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I think this applies to all incels. I don't think any of us are going to be happy as wageslaves, even if you're from a rich country where you can make a good living as a wageslave. Men like us need something more, to compensate for the other aspects of our life that are lacking, that we've missed out on, that we can't get no matter how hard we try.

I hate wageslaving, I've made so many threads about it but I still can't find words to describe just how much I dread it. Even more so, I'll be doing it for very little money in this shithole country.

The only way I'll ever live a life where I feel some happiness is if I earn a good income. The only way to do that for me would be having my own business or being self-employed somehow.

But no matter how much I browse the internet trying to research this stuff, I just can't figure out a concrete, clear direction. Every resource is so general and doesn't go into specifics at all. My personality is flawed in many ways. I'm very lazy, I have a very tiny attention span, I don't like anything and I'm not interested in anything etc... But to be honest I could overcome those things. But the critical flaw, that doesn't allow me to do this thing that would make me happy, to be self-employed, it's this: I need specifics, I need directions, I need clear and specific goals. Because I find everything pointless and don't like/care about anything, so I'm just directionless on my own, I'm an NPC.

So no matter how much time I've spent browsing the internet and even trying to read books about this stuff, entrepreneurship and such, all that time was wasted, didn't give me anything useful. For me to ever be self-employed I'd need the answer to smack me over the head repeatedly, to bludgeon me mercilessly till I finally say "ohh so that's what I have to do". I was always like this. I can't do things that give you total freedom: can't write, can't draw, can't fucking play Minecraft or other sandbox games - cause I need a specific goal and direction given to me. Same as when I wrote my bachelor thesis - the uni fucking told us to hurry up and choose topics, I waited till the last possible day and even then I couldn't choose anything, so I had my instructor choose the first thing that popped into their head. That's a microcosm of my life as a whole - I just go with the flow, if I'm not forced into a direction I don't know what to do - because I have no interests, no real life experiences. I don't like anything, no passions or preferences, don't care about anything, so I can't possibly decide on a business, on what to start doing. Same with programming, learning programming is sort of a vague hope that I could just learn it and make money by creating and selling something, but that'll never work (for many reasons), but first and foremost I'd have no idea what to create. Not only that, I can't even learn because I can't even decide on learning goals, everything seems so pointless.

I only desire death at this point and nothing else.
I'd rather be happy but that's never going to happen, never ever ever. Just don't see it happening, been depressed for ~12 years and life's only getting worse.

i will only become happy if i turn into a giga chad

But no matter how much I browse the internet trying to research this stuff, I just can't figure out a concrete, clear direction. Every resource is so general and doesn't go into specifics at all.
That's because those YouTube that your watching know that you probably won't start a business, so they keep their explanations vague and entry level because people don't come to youtube to learn, they come to be entertained. If you want to know the real things try taking some course and even then they won't help you to much. My dad created 2 businesses and he always told me that the stuff he learnt in school was pretty much shit and that only experience and good thinking can really help you as a business man.

That's because those YouTube that your watching know that you probably won't start a business, so they keep their explanations vague and entry level because people don't come to youtube to learn, they come to be entertained. If you want to know the real things try taking some course and even then they won't help you to much. My dad created 2 businesses and he always told me that the stuff he learnt in school was pretty much shit and that only experience and good thinking can really help you as a business man.
Yeah but I didn't really watch youtube videos, I tried forums, reddit, even several books.

i will only become happy if i turn into a giga chad
Tbh
The only way I'll ever live a life where I feel some happiness is if I earn a good income. The only way to do that for me would be having my own business or being self-employed somehow.

But no matter how much I browse the internet trying to research this stuff, I just can't figure out a concrete, clear direction. Every resource is so general and doesn't go into specifics at all. My personality is flawed in many ways. I'm very lazy, I have a very tiny attention span, I don't like anything and I'm not interested in anything etc... But to be honest I could overcome those things. But the critical flaw, that doesn't allow me to do this thing that would make me happy, to be self-employed, it's this: I need specifics, I need directions, I need clear and specific goals. Because I find everything pointless and don't like/care about anything, so I'm just directionless on my own, I'm an NPC.
I relate to this so much. I hate the idea of working a corporate job my entire life until I get old and retire. Self-employment (and working from home) would be a dream come true for me. It's pretty much my ultimate goal if I can make it happen. I'd set my own hours and not have to stress about changes to it, I'd be at home and not have to stress about morning commute (I hate commuting), don't have to interact with co-workers, etc. I work better alone than in groups too

Tbh

I relate to this so much. I hate the idea of working a corporate job my entire life until I get old and retire. Self-employment (and working from home) would be a dream come true for me. It's pretty much my ultimate goal if I can make it happen. I'd set my own hours and not have to stress about changes to it, I'd be at home and not have to stress about morning commute (I hate commuting), don't have to interact with co-workers, etc. I work better alone than in groups too
Yeah I agree on all points. Unfortunately it's tough out there and my time is running out, I'll have to wageslave in mere months. I've had so much free time and for the past few years and I haven't had any energy to do anything but lie in bed and rot, watching sitcoms and browsing the internet. I doubt I'll have the energy to change my life once I'm wageslaving, all of it will be drained on some shit job and then I'll get home and rot to recover.

Hope you'll be smarter than me and have more energy.

Yeah I agree on all points. Unfortunately it's tough out there and my time is running out, I'll have to wageslave in mere months. I've had so much free time and for the past few years and I haven't had any energy to do anything but lie in bed and rot, watching sitcoms and browsing the internet. I doubt I'll have the energy to change my life once I'm wageslaving, all of it will be drained on some shit job and then I'll get home and rot to recover.

Hope you'll be smarter than me and have more energy.
Brutal. I hope you find what you're looking for and break out of the wageslave, corporate cycle through finding self-employment :feelsokman:. I know it won't be easy but we'll have to tryhardmaxx to get it done. Unfortunately, like you I also have a few months left and I also suffer from laziness. I relate to the low energy thing. I just lack motivation now after 4 years of tryharding. I'm a hardworking student and I study hard to get straight A's but I've never had a job in my life and hate the idea of work jfl. I graduate in May and I'm looking to find work (more than likely corporate :feelsseriously:) immediately after graduation because I don't qualify for NEETbux/can't afford to live in my high income area with NEETbux/welfare checks jfl. I hate this fucking wage slave world. Then we have rich fucks who inherit their wealth from ancestors and never have to work a day in their life.

One day, if I'm not on NEETbux I will be self employed. I can't give up because it's my only motivation for not having to take a dead end/corporate job. I'd rather make decent wages working from home, doing something I love than have to settle for a dead end job I hate for the rest of my life. I REALLY don't like the idea of wagecucking for corporate America. School alone was so tedious and boring that I don't want to go back for a grad degree. I almost went insane undergrad. I don't think I'd be able to take the stress of non-self employment

Last edited:
Brutal. I hope you find what you're looking for and break out of the wageslave, corporate cycle through finding self-employment :feelsokman:. I know it won't be easy but we'll have to trihardmaxx to get it done. Unfortunately, like you I also have a few months left and I also suffer from laziness. I relate to the low energy thing. I just lack motivation now after 4 years of triharding. I'm a hardworking student and I study hard to get straight A's but I've never had a job in my life and hate the idea of work jfl. I graduate in May and I'm looking to find work (more than likely corporate :feelsseriously:) immediately after graduation because I don't qualify for NEETbux/can't afford to live in my high income area with NEETbux/welfare checks jfl. I hate this fucking wage slave world. Then we have rich rucks who inherit their wealth from ancestors and never have to work a day in their life.

One day, if I'm not on NEETbux I will be self employed. I can't give up because it's my only motivation for not having to take a dead end/corporate job. I'd rather make decent wages working from home, doing something I love than have to settle for a dead end job I hate for the rest of my life. I REALLY don't like the idea of wagecucking for corporate America. School alone was so tedious and boring that I don't want to go back for a grad degree. I almost went insane undergrad. I don't think I'd be able to take the stress of non-self employment
I hope you have it in you to tryhardmaxx mate. I know myself and I probably won't do it, I've rotted for too many years. One hope I do have is that maybe when I get a job it will be really easy, so maybe I'll be able to automate it or something, that creating downtime for me at work which I could use to think of ways to be self-employed. But I can't emphasize enough just how much of a fantasy scenario this is, it's pure fantasy. Most likely it'll be some shit low-paid job that makes you work like a dog.

Well, at least your country has neetbux. If anything you can just move to a low CoL place and be on neetbux, as a last resort. Though of course that's the worst option, too many downsides. Still better than slaving at a low paying job though.

I hope you have it in you to tryhardmaxx mate. I know myself and I probably won't do it, I've rotted for too many years. One hope I do have is that maybe when I get a job it will be really easy, so maybe I'll be able to automate it or something, that creating downtime for me at work which I could use to think of ways to be self-employed. But I can't emphasize enough just how much of a fantasy scenario this is, it's pure fantasy. Most likely it'll be some shit low-paid job that makes you work like a dog.
I agree. The only way I'd stop pursing the self-employment avenue is if my job surprised me and was actually somewhat easy/enjoyable. Also, if the job offered a ton of benefits then I'd reconsider. It does seem like a fantasy though :feelsbadman:I thought STEM degrees were in high demand but I spoke to a few recent graduates from last year at my school who are still struggling to find good, decent-paying jobs though because of the post-corona job market (over for STEMcels). Some of them are working "odd jobs" for shit pay that they said they'd never take. I'm scared this will be my fate until I can find a way to self-employ myself

Well, at least your country has neetbux. If anything you can just move to a low CoL place and be on neetbux, as a last resort. Though of course that's the worst option, too many downsides. Still better than slaving at a low paying job though.
Yeah, a lot of LDAR'ers take advantage of our NEETbux system by getting on "disability" or "welfare/stimulus" checks where the state recognizes you as not being able to wageslave (and they determine it's not your fault). I don't think I'm autistic enough to get on either of those programs unfortunately but maybe if I 'mental illness' maxx I could. I heard quite a few people who can't work with others (who thought they'd qualify) are just left to go slave labor in factories/do back breaking labor instead of getting on NEETbux unfortunately. Have you checked out the new neets.me forum? I thought it would have useful stuff for people seeking self-employment as well but unfortunately it's everyone complaining about not qualifying for NEETbux/having to actually work lol

i don't think we have the time to fucking complain to be honest my personality wasn't suited for an online business too but i had to become psychopathic and arrogant and i had to put in the work cuz i knew no one else was going to put it in for me

I agree. The only way I'd stop pursing the self-employment avenue is if my job surprised me and was actually somewhat easy/enjoyable. Also, if the job offered a ton of benefits then I'd reconsider. It does seem like a fantasy though :feelsbadman:I thought STEM degrees were in high demand but I spoke to a few recent graduates from last year at my school who are still struggling to find good, decent-paying jobs though because of the post-corona job market (over for STEMcels). Some of them are working "odd jobs" for shit pay that they said they'd never take. I'm scared this will be my fate until I can find a way to self-employ myself

Yeah, a lot of LDAR'ers take advantage of our NEETbux system by getting on "disability" or "welfare/stimulus" checks where the state recognizes you as not being able to wageslave (and they determine it's not your fault). I don't think I'm autistic enough to get on either of those programs unfortunately but maybe if I 'mental illness' maxx I could. I heard quite a few people who can't work with others (who thought they'd qualify) are just left to go slave labor in factories/do back breaking labor instead of getting on NEETbux unfortunately. Have you checked out the new neets.me forum? I thought it would have useful stuff for people seeking self-employment as well but unfortunately it's everyone complaining about not qualifying for NEETbux/having to actually work lol
Mate, I want you to understand one thing. Really take this from me: The fact that you worked hard at a STEM degree is worth way more than you can possibly realize. Even if you struggle to get a job for years and at first it's a lot lower paid than you thought you'd get, it was still a very good thing you got a STEM degree, brilliant.

First and foremost, the work you put in is invaluable. It developed good working habits. It also taught you skills. You can actually do something in this life.

I on the other hand was too depressed since ~13, and I was the laziest person in the world even before that. So when you add depression, I've just rotted in bed as much as possible since I was 13. I chose deliberately meme social science degrees, so I could rot as much as possible and not work hard at a STEM degree. Also my attention span is shit so tbh I could never get into STEM or math and such, it requires a lot of actual learning and I never could do it, my ADD ass was too distracted even in school. Anyway, other than that I did 2 years at a decent university in a foreign country, only to drop out and start all over in my shitty poor home country, at an obviously much shittier university cause I became an alcoholic and destroyed my life and my parent's life.

My point is, you worked. You invested in yourself. The path you're on is long and it will take a lot of additional hard work for years and years, but you have proven that you have it in you. So keep doing it, never become a failure like me mate. Day by day you progress, and even if it's not noticeable and it all seems pointless, keep doing it cause the discipline you've developed is invaluable.
i don't think we have the time to fucking complain to be honest my personality wasn't suited for an online business too but i had to become psychopathic and arrogant and i had to put in the work cuz i knew no one else was going to put it in for me
Good for you mate, you're a take charge kind of guy. You'll get far in life.

Last edited:
Mate, I want you to understand one thing. Really take this from me: The fact that you worked hard at a STEM degree is worth way more than you can possibly realize. Even if you struggle to get a job for years and at first it's a lot lower paid than you thought you'd get, it was still a very good thing you got a STEM degree, brilliant.

First and foremost, the work you put in is invaluable. It developed good working habits. It also taught you skills. You can actually do something in this life.

I on the other hand was too depressed since ~13, and I was the laziest person in the world even before that. So when you add depression, I've just rotted in bed as much as possible since I was 13. I chose deliberately meme social science degrees, so I could rot as much as possible and not work hard at a STEM degree. Also my attention span is shit so tbh I could never get into STEM or math and such, it requires a lot of actual learning and I never could do it, my ADD ass was too distracted even in school. Anyway, other than that I did 2 years at a decent university in a foreign country, only to drop out and start all over in my shitty poor home country, at an obviously much shittier university cause I became an alcoholic and destroyed my life and my parent's life.

My point is, you worked. You invested in yourself. The path you're on is long and it will take a lot of additional hard work for years and years, but you have proven that you have it in you. So keep doing it, never become a failure like me mate. Day by day you progress, and even if it's not noticeable and it all seems pointless, keep doing it cause the discipline you've developed is invaluable.

Good for you mate, you're a take charge kind of guy. You'll get far in life.

maybe this forum will help you out there are many ideas, most of the time starting a business is not about making some revolutionary "discovery" its just mostly reselling some shit to bunch of idiots. Which there are plenty off :)

Very well put. Thanks for the advice man :feelsokman:. I really appreciate the insight you've given me

maybe this forum will help you out there are many ideas, most of the time starting a business is not about making some revolutionary "discovery" its just mostly reselling some shit to bunch of idiots. Which there are plenty off :)
Actually I browsed that quite a bit from time to time.

Damn, what you said right there is the absolute truth, isn't it? That's why my searches were so futile. It's pretty simple, I just tried to find something else, but making money at its core is just selling shit for more than you bought it for. And that takes a real man, someone who will do what it takes to provide for himself and take what's his. I'm just not that guy, I'm a weak little lazy man who tries to do things the easy way without any stress or shadiness.

I guess I still have this idea in my mind that I could provide some service. Learn some skill, do something that provides value, that is in demand and will make me money based on my mind, on what I can do. But that's a pipe dream. And that's exactly why I haven't found the right idea for me, cause I knew in the back of my head that I'd never sell stuff, goods. That's not for me for so many reasons. Instead I harbor this illusion, this naive, almost brainless idea that I could provide such a service. I can't, because I'm a perennially bored, depressed, lazy, ADD-ridden individual with no interests, that finds everything pointless, that has no energy and can't put effort or energy into anything. I'll never find such a service to provide because I'll never have any skills because everything in this life seems so boring and pointless to me, because I have no interests at all no matter how hard I search.

you can learn some skil and provide worth to the market but since that isn't your way, just take a fucking look around you. People are addicted to hope its what drives them now if you can find a way to selll hope then homie you can make some $$$. Take a look at the fucking Pua's for fucks sake , its what they do they sell you dreams and get you to buy into shit. Or open a fucking casino normshits love to gamble in the "hope" (keyword) that they will earn some cash. Or take a bottle of vodka design a cover or put some new ornament on the bottle and BANG YOU HAVE JUST CREATED A NEW BRAND OF VODKA even though the recipe for the vodka is still the fucking same . People in general like things that are eye candy (look good and seductive on the surface but the same old shit on the inside

Last edited: