The only way to stop spammers is abolish the whole colored name and star system

Status
Not open for further replies.
NotQuiteChadLite

NotQuiteChadLite

The Meeks shall inherit the Earth
-
Just get rid of it, there’s too many spammers and loweffortmaxxers.

Think about it, if you really wanted to post here, then this change won’t bother you at all.

Cuyen

Cuyen

You're one bad day away from being me
-
who are these i wonder

Eskimocel

Eskimocel

-
MarriedAndLookin4Fun

MarriedAndLookin4Fun

Late stage LDAR
-
No man
No bro

RegisterUserName

RegisterUserName

High Velocity Sadist
-
Messages3,345
Pathetic...
Jk man I am inclined to agree with you; the postmaxxing does no one any good honestly. However, even without colours there will always be people competing for the most posts, and the forum wouldn't look as nice I guess.

Cuyen

Cuyen

-
If you really want to post here then they wont bother you at all

-BrettyBoy-

-BrettyBoy-

Blackpilled.
-
The colours are nice though.

NotQuiteChadLite

NotQuiteChadLite

-
If you really want to post here then they wont bother you at all
False equivalence. Getting rid of colors = way less spam posts.

Keeping colors = having to wade through spam and low effort

It literally makes the site worse, while getting rid of colors literally only improves it.

TheNEET

TheNEET

School of Friendship dropout
-
the forum will start dying without the muh virtual badge incentive

NotQuiteChadLite

NotQuiteChadLite

-
the forum will start dying without the muh virtual badge incentive
You mean the fakecels and neurotic shitposter will go away, in theory hopefully.

Cuyen

Cuyen

-
False equivalence. Getting rid of colors = way less spam posts.

Keeping colors = having to wade through spam and low effort

It literally makes the site worse, while getting rid of colors literally only improves it.
You can report spammers there is a rule against it.

Michael15651

Michael15651

Destined Virgin.
-
At that point, if you truly want this to happen then ban messages as well. There will still be a competition between who has more messages and who’s in the top users rank.

Insomniac

Insomniac

ϟϟ A U T I S M ϟϟ
★★★★★
I don’t really care about the colors tbh but I don’t think removing them would be beneficial.

NotQuiteChadLite

NotQuiteChadLite

-
At that point, if you truly want this to happen then ban messages as well. There will still be a competition between who has more messages and who’s in the top users rank.
You’ll just have a number by your name instead of an immediately recognizable, flashy color title, etc, this small change makes a big difference due to human nature and psychology, and the narcissistic spammers here would stop without their big flashy row of stars. Many of them treat posting here like a video game.

Cuyen

Cuyen

-
Low effort rule is already well implementing.

Insomniac

Insomniac

ϟϟ A U T I S M ϟϟ
★★★★★
Yeah, there’s already been a huge crackdown on “low effort” posts. It doesn’t need to go any further.

Eskimocel

Eskimocel

-
Its in its full effect. Steaming right ahead.

Whatever floats your boat though, if it was low effort they would have been banned by now.

nice_try

nice_try

Chad always wins
-
Yes. remove that shit.
It creates a hierarchy based on postcount, but postcount doesn't say anything about the quality of the user.
Users get credit for high postcounts instead of their posts and oppinions, which is a bad system overall.

NotQuiteChadLite

NotQuiteChadLite

-
The posters with gigantic post counts voicing their displeasure with this idea, illustrates my point perfectly. Many post here for the perceived “clout” that having a huge post count and distinguishing graphics gives.
Again, if you really cared about being here, why is your stars and colored name so important? Isn’t your gif avatar and sig enough attention?

Cuyen

Cuyen

-
The posters with gigantic post counts voicing their displeasure with this idea, illustrates my point perfectly. Many post here for the perceived “clout” that having a huge post count and distinguishing graphics gives.
Again, if you really cared about being here, why is your stars and colored name so important? Isn’t your gif avatar and sig enough attention?
You say there are spammers. and what i'm saying is then report them. low effort rule is already well implementing

Sgtpinkie

Sgtpinkie

"It's the kikes man" 5'7 cumskin latinocel
-
Good point, I doubt the mods will listen though, everyone is used to this system we have here, incels.is has always been this way since the very start.

Michael15651

Michael15651

Destined Virgin.
-
Wouldn’t it just be a better system to limit post count per day? Like a maximum of 200 posts daily?

Cuyen

Cuyen

-
You say there are spammers. and what i'm saying is then report them. low effort rule is already well implementing
I do care about being here but ranks just add color to this forum. it is not about attention at all. accomplishment is a nice feeling and keep this site active. And by implementing low effort rule this forum is get rid of shitposters.

there is literally no point to remove it

NotQuiteChadLite

NotQuiteChadLite

-
I do care about being here but ranks just add color to this forum. it is not about attention at all. accomplishment is a nice feeling and keep this site active. And by implementing low effort rule this forum is get rid of shitposters.

there is literally no point to remove it
I’ve reported low effort stuff a few times (imo) and it doesn’t get removed.
I remember reporting a post which was completely blank, no text or picture at all (I don’t think it was a picture that failed to load) it was a post of an empty QUOTE box with no text, and I don’t think it got removed.
The mods have their hands full probably, but we should question why someone would make such a post in the first place.

The answer is because the more they post, the more e-cred they think they get. Non existent virtual clout is a real thing, and it’s human nature to chase after it, so I won’t deride anyone for doing it.

I ultimately just want to improve the site, that’s all. I’m not trying to take away people’s clout or achievements

There’s going to be a lot of shitposting inherently, in a community like this. It should be allowed, but it is really is a shame when it’s the majority of things it seems, nowadays. For every well thought out Blackpill, effort-post, there’s 10 low effort “it’s over” posts.

SergeantIncel

SergeantIncel

Admincel
-
Report spam and fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.