Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory The reason men are having less isn’t because of tinder, I figured out the real reason

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
Many people assume that men are having less sex because of tinder. Tinder began on September 12, 2012. According to people like @FrustratedWhiteMale who was alive In the 70s, many of you guys would’ve still struggled back then and that foids were just as picky then as they are nowadays. Tinder isn’t the reason inceldom increased. Only 7.86 million Americans use Tinder as of September 2019. Only a small percent of Americans use Tinder. I decided that I realized the actual reason. I think this might be another reason: people are less social today. Social media use has skyrocketed in the past ten years and people have spent more time online than offline during their free time. Also, college students these days study significantly more and party and socialize significantly less. Here’s an article by Reuters:

“Last year, 18 percent of students surveyed reported spending at least 16 hours a week socializing and more than 41 percent said they did not party at all.

That equated to a record low amount of time devoted to socializing and partying, the survey found. By comparison, in 1987 nearly 38 percent of students spent 16 hours or more socializing. Between 1987 and 2014, the share of students who partied for six hours or more per week plummeted from nearly 36 percent to under 9 percent.

What are freshmen doing with time not spent at parties? Studying.

Nearly 50 percent of freshmen reported they spent six hours or more per week studying in high school, compared to about 34 percent a decade before then. They also spent more time on social media.”

studies also show that high school parties are a lot less common among teenagers these days. “Similarly, a declining percentage of students report spending time partying during their senior year of high school. Between 1987 and 2014, students who party less than an hour a week increased from 24.3% to 61.4%, with 41.3% reporting they did
not party at all. Over the same time frame, students who report partying six hours or more per week declined from 34.5% to 8.6%.”

Social media has become much more common these days and many are spending so much time on social media that they don’t socialize and thus they’re volcels

I agree. Most of us are basement dwellers, lets face it.

gigacope thread

it's because of social media

Social media has become much more common these days and many are spending so much time on social media that they don’t socialize and thus they’re volcels

And what are women doing on social media? Viewing chads on social media and getting their standards in men raised.

Ahh yes. Once again its men's fault.

20200323 151001

You don't start as antisocial.
You become one
#EndSub8Hate

All your points are kinda blending together in my brain tbh. Tinder itself is a form of social media, though specifically aimed at dating. Regardless though, all normie social media does two things.

The first is that it expands the range of potential mates. This is most obvious with tinder, but it holds for communication technologies in general. However, due to hypergamy, this only expands the access of sex for women, while intensifying the competition for men.

The second, more to your point, is that it disincentivizes face-to-face communication. For whatever the personality meme is worth, there are less opportunities to display those traits useful for long-term mating/betabuxxing now that people interact more digitally. This aspect of mating value has been further eroded since the 70s via sexual liberation, divorce, and allowing women to be economically independent. Now, with social media, mating selection is based on curated caricatures of ourselves that we post online.

Altogether all these factors promote looks even beyond their natural importance. Hence the ludicrous standards of modern women

Many people assume that men are having less sex because of tinder. Tinder began on September 12, 2012. According to people like @FrustratedWhiteMale who was alive In the 70s, many of you guys would’ve still struggled back then and that foids were just as picky then as they are nowadays. Tinder isn’t the reason inceldom increased. Only 7.86 million Americans use Tinder as of September 2019. Only a small percent of Americans use Tinder. I decided that I realized the actual reason. I think this might be another reason: people are less social today. Social media use has skyrocketed in the past ten years and people have spent more time online than offline during their free time. Also, college students these days study significantly more and party and socialize significantly less. Here’s an article by Reuters:

“Last year, 18 percent of students surveyed reported spending at least 16 hours a week socializing and more than 41 percent said they did not party at all.

That equated to a record low amount of time devoted to socializing and partying, the survey found. By comparison, in 1987 nearly 38 percent of students spent 16 hours or more socializing. Between 1987 and 2014, the share of students who partied for six hours or more per week plummeted from nearly 36 percent to under 9 percent.

What are freshmen doing with time not spent at parties? Studying.

Nearly 50 percent of freshmen reported they spent six hours or more per week studying in high school, compared to about 34 percent a decade before then. They also spent more time on social media.”

studies also show that high school parties are a lot less common among teenagers these days. “Similarly, a declining percentage of students report spending time partying during their senior year of high school. Between 1987 and 2014, students who party less than an hour a week increased from 24.3% to 61.4%, with 41.3% reporting they did
not party at all. Over the same time frame, students who report partying six hours or more per week declined from 34.5% to 8.6%.”

gigacope thread

it's because of social media

IDK why people focus on tinder. .

Tinder is one app out of many, and almost everyone uses instagram.

instagram is like tinder on steroids but with 10,000x more users (basically everyone)

insta forces you to keep posting good (yet frauded) pics to stay on top of a woman's feed

almost everyone uses instagram.

instagram is like tinder on steroids but with 10,000x more users (basically everyone)

When did instagram go mainstream? I remember things got really bad after like mid to late 2015, maybe that's when it took off.

“Last year, 18 percent of students surveyed reported spending at least 16 hours a week socializing and more than 41 percent said they did not party at all.”

And they say this to illustrate the decline in socializing? Jfl. I haven’t socialized for more than 16 hours in the past 1 or 2 years. Already have lost my kind.. I talk to myself most of the time.

Tinder is one app out of many, and almost everyone uses instagram.

insta forces you to keep posting good (yet frauded) pics to stay on top of a woman's feed
"tinder is real life" is the strawman againt incels, as it makes us look like "basement dwellers"

instagram>tinder

"tinder is real life" is the strawman againt incels, as it makes us look like "basement dwellers"

instagram>tinder

that's all online debate in general

pick a made up, weak argument. spam it as if the opponents only arguement, etc.

Absolutely massive galaxy iq. Thank you for being an actually reasonable cel.

Partying would not help me, because I was never intived in the first place. I am too ugly-faced to be even allowed to enter parties. Now I am too old also. Then there's the autism. Even good-looking autists aren't wanted in parties/invited.

I always wondered whether Tinder had more women than traditional online dating, because I hear the word Tinder all the time, many women also talking about Tinder these last years. In the traditional online dating sites there are 10-20 men per 1 female in my city. That's why I don't even bother wasting my time there.

Read this: http://www.netimperative.com/2019/0...-9-to-1-while-grinder-wins-for-age-diversity/

Does Tinder hide seeking the information about how many men and women there are in a given age and location?

Last edited:
The real reason is because women have jobs and are no longer in need of men for financial help. Even ugly men can get women when women MUST marry any man to be able to live. Now that women have option, we see that they never wanted to be with most men.

Absolutely massive galaxy iq. Thank you for being an actually reasonable cel.
confirmation bias you masochistic coper.

at first incels are a small minority, then a bunch of incels aren't incels but volcels?

it's like you're a shill doing damage control

We use Tinder as a shorthand for foids being able to summon model-tier men out of thin with a minimum of effort. As soon as foids weren't limited to guys they bumped into physically, it was all over.

It's so brutal they always vomit it back up.

It's so brutal you stumble awkwardly vomiting it back up.

Think of this too:
western countries still encourage ethnic males to move to western countries
autism rates are increasing in males being born today compared to the past

Women generally select against ethnic males and non-NT males when finding males attractive enough for them to have sex.

There is a rising population of non-NT ethnic males in western countries which means more incels for the foreseeable future.

All possible copes and sexual outlets are being restricted.
But I guess it's worth it because then safety nets can last a few more years according to politicians.

Women made a bargain with men a very long time ago called monagamy. A trade of their prime years excess fertility for men’s excess labor. This was a great deal for them,young men who committed became invested in their own families, and the subsequent collective alignment across many cultures became a great productive civilization.

With women now shunning that deal infavor of the pursuit of their hypergamy, our society and civilization will rapidly deteriorate. 80% of men aren’t going to work hard and invest in a society that treats them as unattractive disposable garbage. They are going to cheer as it burns down.

tinder, facebook, instagram, tiktok all fuck normiecels and below severely

80% of men aren’t going to work hard and invest in a society that treats them as unattractive disposable garbage. They are going to cheer as it burns down.

It will only be 80% of men when most men are ethnic (not black or white), short and non-NT.

Right now it is more like 30% of men that are excluded. Normies are still struggling for scraps and are of course at a disadvantage compared to women but they still aren't doing too terribly compared to incels, except for maybe maintaining LTRs for as long as they use to in the past.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t they hust have longer relationships?
It appears that men are struggling while women have it easy.

There is a greater selection and deselection of men. Your theory doesn’t hold up.

cope, women study and still almost all of them have sex
these who don't have sex don't have it because they are picky and wait for chad, not because they study

Fakecel trait: not reading threads before posting.
nope I read it and it's pure cope.

99% of women own smartphones and have social media, and are getting dms every single day. "muh socializing"

socializing does not need to be face to face to organize sex

It will only be 80% of men when most men are ethnic (not black or white), short and non-NT.

Right now it is more like 30% of men that are excluded. Normies are still struggling for scraps and are of course at a disadvantage compared to women but they still aren't doing too terribly compared to incels, except for maybe maintaining LTRs for as long as they use to in the past.
Men’s rating of women’s attractiveness is based on appearance of health and fertitlity such as being slim and young looking. Women’s rating is based solely on genetics and anility to provide and protect. This aspect of women is not captured by the apps.

If there is an issue it is that the state has to a large extent taken over the providing and protection responsibilities of men undermining the ability of poorer and middle income men to be attractive and maintain a long term relationship.

99% of women own smartphones and have social media, and are getting dms every single day. "muh socializing"

Social media is a part of socializing, innit?

Social media is a part of socializing, innit?
well yes, yes it is.

thing is people act as if online interaction isn't socializing

it is, it's just a different form

Hypergamy always existed.. the internet and social media allowed it to go viral and become widespread.

If there is an issue it is that the state has to a large extent taken over the providing and protection responsibilities of men undermining the ability of poorer and middle income men to be attractive and maintain a long term relationship.

That's been in place since Lyndon Johnson's Great Society program and expansion of the welfare state in the 1960s.
Things still weren't that bad in the 80s.
It got bad after the internet and instant communication technologies allowed women to communicate with, meet up and hook up with chads and send them pics to flirt.

Also the shame of cheating went away because women cheered them when they confessed to having affairs on social media.
Women could also post pics of themselves on social media and get validated by many other women, not just those in their immediate family or community. Their egos have grown as a result and they are told to "never settle". There is no cautionary advice from a family member that tells them to set their standards realistically, it's literally just a circlejerk of women stroking each other's egos and convincing themselves they deserve better and that unattractive males deserve to be made fun of and left in the dust.

This has gotten progressively worse since the late 1990s to mid 2000s and became visibly bad to the chances of sustaining LTRs to many people by the 2010s.
It's social media and women's easy access to chads and women that tell them to never settle otherwise that are the biggest contributors to the rise in incel rates, besides filter, angle and makeup frauding that allows women to punch above their SMV and fool chads into thinking they are hotter than they actually are.

Hypergamy always existed.. the internet and social media allowed it to go viral and become widespread.

Last edited:
That's been in place since Lyndon Johnson's Great Society program and expansion of the welfare state in the 1960s.
It got bad after the internet and instant communication technologies allowed women to communicate with, meet up and hook up with chads and send them pics to flirt.

Also the shame of cheating went away because women cheered them when they confessed to having affairs on social media.
Women could also post pics of themselves on social media and get validated by many other women, not just those in their immediate family or community. Their egos have grown as a result and they are told to "never settle". There is no cautionary advice from a family member that tells them to set their standards realistically, it's literally just a circlejerk of women stroking each other's egos and convincing themselves they deserve better and that unattractive males deserve to be made fun of and left in the dust.

This has gotten progressively worse since the late 1990s to mid 2000s and became visibly bad to the chances of sustaining LTRs to many people by the 2010s.
It's social media and women's easy access to chads and women that tell them to never settle otherwise that are the biggest contributors to the rise in incel rates, besides filter, angle and makeup frauding that allows women to punch above their SMV and fool chads into thinking they are hotter than they actually are.

You are not wrong my friend.

Assortive mating died, in case you didn’t notice. There is little hope for average guys today.

A healthy, average to slightly above average man, infused with the testosterone that God have him, even one who applies and improves himself, who seeks a sex life, has unappetizing options available.

A. He can deceitfully purport to desire a monogamous long-term relationship and betabux so as to get sex from women he is attracted to. But this won't come until he is above 35 with the women being of a similar age.

B. He can honestly communicate that he has no desire for a monogamous long-term relationship and pursue casual relationships. Average women on his looksmatch level will have no interest in this with him, as they can easily have casual sexual relationships with top-tier men. If he does this, he will only be able to have sex with obese women. Women who “are content, even happy, to partake in less formalised occasional relationships that will lead to nothing enduring, for example friends with benefits and simple hook ups”, will only do so with men more physically attractive than they are. In casual relationships, women mate upward, and men downward in attractiveness hierarchies. Assortive “hookups” are not terribly common.

C. He can get sex through entering into a monogamous long-term relationship. And run the very real risk of getting locked in with a partner who has had her pair-bonding abilities completely compromised by her memories of previous relationships with more physically attractive Chads (google the “alpha widow” phenomenon if you must), and who will soon either deny him sex or provide rationed-out starfish relations.

D. He can pay prostitues for it and lead a life of being the lonewolf.

confirmation bias you masochistic coper.

at first incels are a small minority, then a bunch of incels aren't incels but volcels?

it's like you're a shill doing damage control
shut up I am schizo please stop bullying me

shut up I am schizo please stop bullying me
not bullying bro

but keep thinking more and more men are "volcels", so it seems easier for you to ascend

Wouldn’t they hust have longer relationships?
It appears that men are struggling while women have it easy.

There is a greater selection and deselection of men. Your theory doesn’t hold up.
Men have to socialize and go out to get laid, foids don’t

My argument works

Because women don’t need to go out and be social to get laid they just need female chromosomes. Men do need to approach and socialize to get laid. This is why femcels never exist. My theory is true. Most men today are volcels. They focus on studying instead of socializing
well yes, yes it is.

thing is people act as if online interaction isn't socializing

it is, it's just a different form
No, social media isn’t interaction. You’re just talking behind a screen. It isn’t socializing involving normal activities, you can’t eat together or go to places or anything

What is LTR?

Last edited: