Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL The RomCom cliche where women leave their partner for another man is fucked and shows hypergamy in fantasy

cvh1991

cvh1991

Legend
This vid starts by him talking about how it always bothered him in these RomComs where the woman has a boyfriend or fiancé but by the end of the film they’ve left them for the main guy (new Chad):
View: https://youtu.be/gObwXKfPtMc

They often solve this by making the old guy a total asshole, but it’s so obvious to me why so many stories / romcoms are written this way — women have hypergamy wired into their psyche and these romcoms and written for them as the target audience. Of course this video just chalks it up to “bad writing” more or less, but that’s totally missing the point and reality of it — it’s not bad writing to women/the target audience because these movies are fantasies for them and hypergamy branch swinging to giga Chad is part of it.

The whole trope of the old boyfriend being an asshole is also humorously reflective of how women always seem to claim and “remember” their exes being assholes when in most cases ... they probably weren’t let’s be honest.

This vid starts by him talking about how it always bothered him in these RomComs where the woman has a boyfriend or fiancé but by the end of the film they’ve left them for the main guy (new Chad):

They often solve this by making the old guy a total asshole, but it’s so obvious to me why so many stories / romcoms are written this way — women have hypergamy wired into their psyche and these romcoms and written for them as the target audience. Of course this video just chalks it up to “bad writing” more or less, but that’s totally missing the point and reality of it — it’s not bad writing to women/the target audience because these movies are fantasies for them and hypergamy branch swinging to giga Chad is part of it.

The whole trope of the old boyfriend being an asshole is also humorously reflective of how women always seem to claim and “remember” their exes being assholes when in most cases ... they probably weren’t let’s be honest.

This trope is so gay and retarded. It doesn’t even work, if they don’t like the guy then just break up with him and go fuck off with that other faggot. It’s extremely degenerate and a key reason I can’t stand shows like The Office

This trope is so gay and retarded. It doesn’t even work, if they don’t like the guy then just break up with him and go fuck off with that other faggot. It’s extremely degenerate and a key reason I can’t stand shows like The Office
The Office is every single woman’s favorite show for some reason lol — I swear half the women I know watch it on repeat to this day.

Titanic is a classic on that. That whore's fiance was treating her right, giving her big diamond rings etc, but still the whore hated him and cucked him with some low class Chad that she met briefly. Blackpilled movie adored by foids.

Titanic is a classic on that. That whore's fiance was treating her right, giving her big diamond rings etc, but still the whore hated him and cucked him with some low class Chad that she met briefly. Blackpilled movie adored by foids.
Good example that

Well at least it's realistic. Females branch swing all the time and accuse their ex of untoward actions to make themselves feel better

I used to like the movie Made of Honor. Patrick Depsey’s female bff is about to marry a Chad then Patrick (even bigger Chad) convinces her to leave him at the altar.

I used to like the movie Made of Honor. Patrick Depsey’s female bff is about to marry a Chad then Patrick (even bigger Chad) convinces her to leave him at the altar.
That's basically what happens in a ton of RomComs lol -- some people say its bad writing, I would say it's more catering to an audience and the female fantasy.
Well at least it's realistic. Females branch swing all the time and accuse their ex of untoward actions to make themselves feel better
true

The loser they leave was a nice guy but remembered as an "asshole" yet the better looking guy they switch to legit is an asshole but remembered as a "great" guy.

The loser they leave was a nice guy but remembered as an "asshole" yet the better looking guy they switch to legit is an asshole but remembered as a "great" guy.
I swear this universe and it’s mental gymnastics.

real rom coms have rape in them tbh
Another reason on why I should become a deity and fix everything, also don’t forget the rape is just chad loving them like always teehee. It’s only rape of an ugly guy does it

The Office is every single woman’s favorite show for some reason lol — I swear half the women I know watch it on repeat to this day.

They dream about a Chad like Jim saving them

Another reason on why I should become a deity and fix everything, also don’t forget the rape is just chad loving them like always teehee. It’s only rape of an ugly guy does it
rumbling incoming

It's rape if an ugly guy looks in their direction.