Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion the term incel was created by a female

M12Comic

M12Comic

rigged world
★★★★

assuming that it is correct, why are we using a term created by a female?

no it was created earlier than that by a man.

It's not true. there's literally no source or proof of it

i mean i definitely wouldnt be surprised that a woman stole it but judging by articles and the incel wiki it seems she coined the term

Last edited:
i mean i definitely wouldnt be surprised that a woman stole it
the term involuntarily celibate was used way before that whore, whatever her name she just shortened it, any retarded can shorten a word

I'm so sick of reading that in pretty much every publication about incels. They always mention it in some sort of "ah ha!" tone like we somehow got btfo. I remember reading that she was gay and during the 90s I guess that was a bigger deal than in our current age when being a homo is fashionable.

I doubt the modern usage of the word had anything to do with her site or whatever. Sometimes people come up with the same words or ideas in different periods or locations but because she was first people are going to give her credit.

I think she came up with the term "incel." But people prefer to point out that Antoine Banier came up with the term "involuntary celibacy" much earlier. I guess it's more comfortable to say that Alana stood on the shoulders of giants, and that Banier created the term by proxy.

the term involuntarily celibate was used way before that whore, whatever her name she just shortened it, any retarded can shorten a word
true and she shortened it to invcel then incel it just still feels kinda wrong when she was the one who came up with the term I'm gonna hurl

Cope

In a 1739 book he described inceldom as a form of imprisonment which he referred to as "yoke". He also described it as a form of suffering and anguish, as "groan". The term was used in the following excerpt from The Mythology and Fables of the Ancients, Explain'd from History, Volume 3:[1]

The custom of the Ancients in their marriages was quite different from that of the age wherein we live: large gratifications were given to the young ladies whom they were to marry, and even to their parents, whereas it is very rare now-a-days for one to marry a woman without a portion. Homer and several others, mention this Custom, and would to God it were still in Fashion: How many young Women who groan under the Yoke of involuntary Celibacy, would find Husbands to make them happy, did not the Avarice of those husbands reduce them to the calamities wherein ixion was involved.
—The Mythology and Fables of the Ancients, Explain'd from History, Volume 3

@whogivesafucc

1. Society says incels are evil
2. Incels were invented by women
3. Therefore women are evil

Women are the sole cause of inceldom, its only fair they to name it.

Cope

In a 1739 book he described inceldom as a form of imprisonment which he referred to as "yoke". He also described it as a form of suffering and anguish, as "groan". The term was used in the following excerpt from The Mythology and Fables of the Ancients, Explain'd from History, Volume 3:[1]

Don’t say that bullshit here before we sacrifice you @M12Comic
Cope

:feelsYall:

Up until 2005 you were a virgin loser, then loveshy, beta then incel

Damn that shit sucks
I suggest we should start calling ourselfs Ogres or Darkpilled creatures from now on

Because it's a fuckin word and idgaf.

Cope

Couldn't care less about what a woman did tbh.

In her case it was "volcel" not "incel" anyway. So its technically volcel that she invented, she wasn't incel JFL.

Society always tries to ram women into history even when they had basically nothing to do with it.