[Serious] The turks/brown people who run restaurants here are way friendlier to me than the other public workers

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

The Hero of Winds
★★★★★
60d 7h 49m
Idk why. I try to engage in small talk with cashiers and stuff but most people treat me like shit or are just neutral (there is one white cashier who's a bro and says hi to me and treats me nice).

Pretty consistently though the brown people who run the döner and burger places are like, super nice to me. Idk if it's because I'm a regular and they just like my money but they engage in banter with me and the one guy even goes "Canadia!" every time he sees me (I'm from Canada). One of em even gave me free fries once. Last one I went to was joking with me the whole time I was waiting and actually treating me like a human.

Maybe most white people don't try to be friendly with them like I do? All I know is it feels amazing to not be treated like a piece of shit.

Y

your personality

Officer
★★★★
3d 20h 17m
Idk why. I try to engage in small talk with cashiers and stuff but most people treat me like shit or are just neutral (there is one white cashier who's a bro and says hi to me and treats me nice).

Pretty consistently though the brown people who run the döner and burger places are like, super nice to me. Idk if it's because I'm a regular and they just like my money but they engage in banter with me and the one guy even goes "Canadia!" every time he sees me (I'm from Canada). One of em even gave me free fries once. Last one I went to was joking with me the whole time I was waiting and actually treating me like a human.

Maybe most white people don't try to be friendly with them like I do? All I know is it feels amazing to not be treated like a piece of shit.
Compared to ethnics, aren't white people known for being more reserved, less outwardly expressive and cold in daily interactions when the live in an area with a diversity of races? That might explain some of the behavior.

You see a similar thing by how latino immigrants to the US are much more relaxed about personal space and strike up conversation much more readily compared to white people that live in the suburbs and cities, who are usually more aloof.

Irredeemable

Irredeemable

Warlock
★★★★
51d 12h 10m
Being ethnic is a humbling experience.

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

The Hero of Winds
★★★★★
60d 7h 49m
Compared to ethnics, aren't white people known for being more reserved, less outwardly expressive and cold in daily interactions when the live in an area with a diversity of races? That might explain some of the behavior.

You see a similar thing by how latino immigrants to the US are much more relaxed about personal space and strike up conversation much more readily compared to white people that live in the suburbs and cities, who are usually more aloof.
Yeah, I guess it's a cultural thing.
Are you joking or?

Ultimatepassivecel

Ultimatepassivecel

Veteran
★★★★★
14d 10h 21m
Ethics who dont thugmaxx are actually good
I had a kurdish friend who was kinda chubby but nice in general,compared to his younger brothers who were legit thugs that vandalized workplaces and stole peoples shit.

Cowcel

Cowcel

Born to fuck, forced to fap
★★★
11d 9h 29m
I think it's ingrained in their culture. Greek people are like this too, they show hospitality and are very polite and talkative to foreigners

Grothendieck

Grothendieck

★★
31d 3h 40m
Generalizations man nothing else. It's just a person afterall, they don't think from their skin, it's the brain. Anyone can be good/bad/friendly it just depends on their mood and their mannerisms/environment where they grew up.

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

The Hero of Winds
★★★★★
60d 7h 49m
Generalizations man nothing else. It's just a person afterall, they don't think from their skin, it's the brain. Anyone can be good/bad/friendly it just depends on their mood and their mannerisms/environment where they grew up.
Very true. It's just something I've noticed in my town.