Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL There are literally cities burning down but some people seem to only care about two guys about to circle around the Earth for three months

grondilu

grondilu

Overlord
★★★★★

Sometimes it really seems to me that space fanatics are coping pretty hard. They voluntarily ignore everything that goes wrong on Earth and focus on Space as if space exploration is a magical solution to our problems. It is not.

You want to conquer worlds ? What about you start with the one you're standing on ?

Sometimes it really seems to me that space fanatics are coping pretty hard. They voluntarily ignore everything that goes wrong on Earth and focus on Space as if space exploration is a magical solution to our problems. It is not.

You want to conquer worlds ? What about you start with the one you're standing on ?

Help the third world when we have homelessness & drug addiction in the first, everything's about money & power.

It is relatively hypocrite that governments spend billions of dollars on space exploration, in order to advance science, but they forget that science and humanism should go hand in hand. What is the purpose of making billions of scientific discoveries while there are billions of people living in misery today?

It is relatively hypocrite that governments spend billions of dollars on space exploration, in order to advance science, but they forget that science and humanism should go hand in hand. What is the purpose of making billions of scientific discoveries while there are billions of people living in misery today?

This is an old argument, and they have plenty of answers for it. Mainly, they will tell you that the research in space exploration serendipitously generates many technological innovations with commercial applications.

My point is that the world doesn't need such innovations, or at least that it's far from what it needs the most.

The problems that the world face are political and philosophical. There are ideological conflicts that can not be resolved with any new toy, no matter how high tech it is.

This is an old argument, and they have plenty of answers for it. Mainly, they will tell you that the research in space exploration serendipitously generates many technological innovations with commercial applications.

My point is that the world doesn't need such innovations, or at least that it's far from what it needs the most.

The problems that the world face are political and philosophical. There are ideological conflicts that can not be resolved with any new toy, no matter how high tech it is.
Exactly. We humans need to focus on humanism and advanced energy solutions. Sustainable Development should be the main driving force, everything else on a backseat. That's why I don't like Musk and his NPC supporters. JFL why do we even need to spend trillions mars colonisation? It's expensive as fuck. Tesla's stocks are falling and Musk is working on unrealistic ideas.

I hope Musk takes his rich tech hipster and bourgie friends with him when goes off to live Under the Dome on Mars so we can enjoy this planet again.

This is just another flex from Musky nuts to pad his nearly infinite ego.

We humans need to focus on humanism and advanced energy solutions. Sustainable Development should be the main driving force, everything else on a backseat.
You see, I disagree with this assessment, and it's precisely my point.

There are many philosophical and political controverses in the world and this perpetual intellectual and moral conflict slowly brings disorder and chaos everywhere. The recent and current events in the US are a typical example.

People like Elon Musk seem to voluntarily avoid these conflicts and instead they push an agenda that don't offend anyone but which is still at the end of the day a distraction from the real problems.

Exactly. We humans need to focus on humanism and advanced energy solutions. Sustainable Development should be the main driving force, everything else on a backseat. That's why I don't like Musk and his NPC supporters. JFL why do we even need to spend trillions mars colonisation? It's expensive as fuck. Tesla's stocks are falling and Musk is working on unrealistic ideas.
Cope
We should abolish any notion of ”humanism” and “ethics” and push forward to become gods through technology(true control over nature). Eventually abolishing sex and solving the incelibacy problem.

i see your point

People like Elon Musk seem to voluntarily avoid these conflicts and instead they push an agenda that don't offend anyone but which is still at the end of the day a distraction from the real problems.

High IQ

Space travel is pointless if our homeworld is on fire.