Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting There is a subreddit I hate a billion times more than IT. This subreddit caused a lot of mental damage for me

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
A subreddit called r/lewronggeneration. If you’re wondering who this sub is, they’re a group of people who think if you wish you were born in another decade you’re a horrible person. They also think if you criticize anything about the current generation/decade you’re a bad person. They take screenshots of comments on YouTube videos, tweets, etc of people saying they wish they were born in previous decades, people criticizing modern popular music, people criticizing smartphone addiction etc and ridicule these people.

For those who are confused by reading this, let me elaborate. A few years ago, there was an extreme stigma on the internet against saying you were born in the wrong generation. I think the stigma still is widespread on the internet today too. If you said you were born in the wrong generation, people on the internet would literally torment you. I was confused as hell. I didn’t get why saying such a thing would upset people on the internet so much. But people who claim to be born in the wrong generation (AKA wrong generationers) were NOT always hated on the internet. I searched many many forums from the 2000s and early 2010s to see when the internet’s hatred towards these people began. I found that nobody in the internet started to hate on wrong generationers until about 2012. The online stigma against them started to exist a little in 2011 or 2012 (i’d say maybe 2012) but it became extremely widespread in 2013 and was the most widespread in 2015/2016. I think today it’s still widespread. Before like 2012, nobody on the internet cared if you claimed to be born in the wrong generation. On pre-2012 forums/threads, I noticed some people said they were born in the wrong generation and nobody got mad at them at all. Also the lewronggeneration sub wasn’t created until 2013. Suddenly nostalgia towards previous decades was viewed as a evil thing on the internet. I think this explains why the 90s kids nostalgia trend disappeared in the second half of the 2010s.

I wish I was born in like 1983/1984 or something so I could be a high school teen in the late 90s/early 2000s. When I saw how hated people like me were online, I felt like an outcast online. And I would go on lewronggeneration everyday and view what they say. because of them, my OCD got significantly worse and fucked my life up in my freshman year of college and the OCD is much better but I still haven’t fully recovered from it. I didn’t get to have a normal college experience. And in 2015/2016 SEVERAL anti-wrong generation videos and anti-nostalgia videos were uploaded on YouTube and buzzfeed and whatnot including videos by Anthony Fantano, collegehumor, and that overrated aussiericecel Filthy Frank.

I got afraid of talking about the cause of my OCD problems with my therapist and didn’t tell anyone about it because of fear they would judge me, although then I realized nobody offline would care if I told them I wish I was alive in the late 90s/early 2000s only people online would bother me for it.

like I said, before like 2012, nobody online cared if you said you were born in the wrong generation.

idk if this thread is gonna end up on lewronggeneration and I won’t be checking if it does because that sub is too much ragefuel for me now, but people on lewronggeneration if you’re reading this, all I can say is you’re lucky you’ll never meet me irl. I’d have a strong urge to violently beat you in wii sports boxing (I don’t mean to sound like a wannabe tough guy).

now when someone condemns wrong generationers, I feel this intense and violent aggression and anger inside of me like I wanna violently beat them in gta v.

@ordinaryotaku thoughts?

A lot of niggas here should be posting on that sub tbh

Many people here think if they were born a few decades earlier they wouldn’t be incel
That subreddit isn’t supportive towards the born in the wrong generation community that sub hates those people and ridiculed them

That subreddit isn’t supportive towards the born in the wrong generation community that sub hates those people and ridiculed them
Well they’re right

Being born a centurt earlier just means the money in lms is a bit moee important than the L and you would work yourself to death while your wife cheated with chad anyway.

Peoole who think previous generations are better are delusional

The virgin born in the wrong generation VS the chad envisioned utopia. That's what it all comes down to.

Being born a centurt earlier just means the money in lms is a bit moee important than the L and you would work yourself to death while your wife cheated with chad anyway.

Peoole who think previous generations are better are delusional
I don’t think I necessarily would be chad but we didn’t have SJWs and music, movies etc were better
Well they’re right
whos right? You think wanting to be born in another decade is bad?

I don’t think I necessarily would be chad but we didn’t have SJWs and music, movies etc were better

I think it’s big cope

I think it’s big cope
The goys are just dumping their thoughts. It's like if someone talks about or fantasizes what it'd be like to be rich. Nothing wrong with it

No. Music and movies etc was better and SJWs didn’t exist
See that’s cope, you’d rope if you didn’t have the technology we have now. And you can listen to music and watch movies from any era right now
The goys are just dumping their thoughts. It's like if someone talks about or fantasizes what it'd be like to be rich. Nothing wrong with it
I know, just putting my two cents in

No music and movies weren't better.

See that’s cope, you’d rope if you didn’t have the technology we have now. And you can listen to music and watch movies from any era right now

I know, just putting my two cents in
First of all, it’s not like back then we’d know about the current tech we have now. Secondly, I have taken breaks from internet before and handled it very easily, plus inceldom is worse than no modern tech and I haven’t roped from inceldom. I don’t need twitter or Facebook to survive. Also, so what if that music and movies still exists? Back then it did too and also it was easier back then to find someone who liked the same movies and music. Your arguments don’t work.
nothing wrong with wanting to live in another decade
No music and movies weren't better.
That’s your opinion. In my opinion they were

Beware. Feminazis might make things worse before it gets better

High IQ
Yeah society would obviously be more fucked than it is now but it would be interesting to actually see

I hate that subreddit, too. It made me stop being a wrong generationer for like a year back when I was 13-14, and then I went right back to it, because I'm 100% positive I was born in the wrong generation, just like how the stupid neckbeard bullshit made me stop wearing fedoras when I was around that age because I felt like I was gonna get judged.

The main point they try to get across is that people who think they were born in the wrong generation are naïve, and the people who say they were born in the wrong generation would actually struggle if they physically lived during the time period they wish to live in.

And the whole idea is objectively wrong.

There is a conceived notion on that sub that those "wrong generationers" wouldn't be able to live without modern technology and conveniences...if they were born and raised back then. The question here is obvious: how would wrong generationers not be able to live without modern technology and conveniences, when in the time they want to live during, the technology that we have today is likely non-existent in that timeline? I don't need to say anymore because the rest is obvious, so, in short, they're just fucking retarded.

You can do X now but you couldn't do X back then is also an argument those retards love to make. I use a lot of modern conveniences such as the Internet and video games, because the West is becoming degenerative and collapsing, due to, you guessed it, MODERN progressive values -- I can not fully escape the MODERN times as there is a lot of bullshit that I can't escape stemming from MODERN problems. If I lived during the time period I wished to be living in, I would be utilizing the conveniences of THAT time, as the culture of that time surrounding me would ultimately provoke it, whether I'd like it or not.

Although it would be cool, and I even do this to a certain extent, just because I want to live in the time period I want to be a part of, doesn't mean I'm going to live like that in the modern day. Modernist tropes will eventually trickle into my lifestyle because you can't escape the passing of time and any sort of external factors which could possibly make a personal utopia at home rather anachronistic.

I have multiple arguments and subjective opinions to why past generations are better than this one. For this example, I will use my favorite generation to sperg out about, the 1980s:

-Way better media than what we have now (music, games, movies, etc.)
-Better dating scene and no extreme lookist hypergamy, like what we have today (easy for men who weren't sub-3 to get a girlfriend).
-Everything (everyday lives and media) was less censored and monitored.
-Little to no media was politically correct or was forced to adhere to politically correct standards.
-The work to wage ratio was about equal. People weren't overworking for less wages.
-More freedom, less surveillance, until 9/11 changed everything.
-Everyone was willing to be more social in face-to-face activities.

Last edited:
I’d rather live in the future
Wish I was born 50 years in the future. By that point, hypergamy will be so bad low tier normies/normies will have had enough and the incel uprising can finnally commence.

Wish I was born 50 years in the future. By that point, hypergamy will be so bad low tier normies/normies will have had enough and the incel uprising can finnally commence.
Hopefully this does happen in the future but I doubt it as T levels will probably be next to non existent by then

I hate that subreddit, too. It made me stop being a wrong generationer for like a year back when I was 13-14, and then I went right back to it, because I'm 100% positive I was born in the wrong generation, just like how the stupid neckbeard bullshit made me stop wearing fedoras when I was around that age because I felt like I was gonna get judged.

The main point they try to get across is that people who think they were born in the wrong generation are naïve, and the people who say they were born in the wrong generation would actually struggle if they physically lived during the time period they wish to live in.

And the whole idea is objectively wrong.

There is a conceived notion on that sub that those "wrong generationers" wouldn't be able to live without modern technology and conveniences...if they were born and raised back then. The question here is obvious: how would wrong generationers not be able to live without modern technology and conveniences, when in the time they want to live during, the technology that we have today is likely non-existent in that timeline? I don't need to say anymore because the rest is obvious, so, in short, they're just fucking retarded.

You can do X now but you couldn't do X back then is also an argument those retards love to make. I use a lot of modern conveniences such as the Internet and video games, because the West is becoming degenerative and collapsing, due to, you guessed it, MODERN progressive values -- I can not fully escape the MODERN times as there is a lot of bullshit that I can't escape stemming from MODERN problems. If I lived during the time period I wished to be living in, I would be utilizing the conveniences of THAT time, as the culture of that time surrounding me would ultimately provoke it, whether I'd like it or not.

Although it would be cool, and I even do this to a certain extent, just because I want to live in the time period I want to be a part of, doesn't mean I'm going to live like that in the modern day. Modernist tropes will eventually trickle into my lifestyle because you can't escape the passing of time and any sort of external factors which could possibly make a personal utopia at home rather anachronistic.

I have multiple arguments and subjective opinions to why past generations are better than this one. For this example, I will use my favorite generation to sperg out about, the 1980s:

-Way better media than what we have now (music, games, movies, etc.)
-Better dating scene and no extreme lookist hypergamy, like what we have today (easy for men who weren't sub-3 to get a girlfriend).
-Everything (everyday lives and media) was less censored and monitored.
-Little to no media was politically correct or was forced to adhere to politically correct standards.
-The work to wage ratio was about equal. People weren't overworking for less wages.
-More freedom, less surveillance, until 9/11 changed everything.
-Everyone was willing to be more social in face-to-face activities.
High IQ. That subreddit was created in August 2013 I think. So I was 15 almost 16 and you were like 12 I think at that time. That sub also says shit like “but the 80s had fear of nuclear war, homophobia etc” like as if terrible things never happen today. If they lived in the 2100s they’d say that this era is dangerous because of mass shootings, political division, covid-19, terrorism, etc. The subreddit also thinks that wanting to live in another decade means you think you’re “superior” to today’s generation which is a retarded lie they make just to demonize you and I. I never understood why they think wanting to live in another decade is so bad. The first time you saw that subreddit was 2014 right? I first saw it in 2015.

High IQ. That subreddit was created in August 2013 I think. So I was 15 almost 16 and you were like 12 I think at that time. That sub also says shit like “but the 80s had fear of nuclear war, homophobia etc” like as if terrible things never happen today. If they lived in the 2100s they’d say that this era is dangerous because of mass shootings, political division, covid-19, terrorism, etc. The subreddit also thinks that wanting to live in another decade means you think you’re “superior” to today’s generation which is a retarded lie they make just to demonize you and I. I never understood why they think wanting to live in another decade is so bad. The first time you saw that subreddit was 2014 right? I first saw it in 2015.
What's funny is that if someone gave me both of those examples as a reason why the 80s were somehow garbage, they can be easily debunked, just like all of their userbase's shitty arguments.

The 80s wasn't even the time period to be worried about nuclear war. I think it was 1986 and then some year I forgot about in the 50s and 60s (might've been during the Bay of Pigs in 1962) that we were the closest to nuclear war, but during the main duration of the 80s, no one fucked with the United States because Reagan made himself clear that he was gonna kick ass if anything happened. The "Star Wars" program he wanted to commission in the early 80s (and heavily publicized) scared the living shit out of the commies. The 50s and 60s escapades with Russia made everyone much more on edge than in the 80s.

And with homophobia, no one was really homophobic, the average person just thought it was some weird shit, not really making them homophobic. Plus, at least 80% of the people who claim they're gay now wouldn't be back then. Being gay can be a naturally occurring thing, but I feel like it's naturally quite rare, and that the majority of people who claim they're gay are only "gay" because they're heavily exposed to psyops.

Oh yeah, I forgot to make clear of that argument, too. It's subjective, but I feel like that doesn't apply to the vast, vast majority of wrong generationers. I personally don't feel superior to anyone, and I know those faggots think I do, but I personally don't. I only ded srsly just wish I could live in the 80s. I feel like that argument is just plain projection.

I first saw that subreddit in around 2013 I think. I barely ever used Reddit back in the day; I think I found it because I commented on a Metallica YouTube video saying something like "music will never be this good anymore" and some random Redditard replied and just put down "r/lewronggeneration".

I wish I wasn't born at all.

What's funny is that if someone gave me both of those examples as a reason why the 80s were somehow garbage, they can be easily debunked, just like all of their userbase's shitty arguments.

The 80s wasn't even the time period to be worried about nuclear war. I think it was 1986 and then some year I forgot about in the 50s and 60s (might've been during the Bay of Pigs in 1962) that we were the closest to nuclear war, but during the main duration of the 80s, no one fucked with the United States because Reagan made himself clear that he was gonna kick ass if anything happened. The "Star Wars" program he wanted to commission in the early 80s (and heavily publicized) scared the living shit out of the commies. The 50s and 60s escapades with Russia made everyone much more on edge than in the 80s.

And with homophobia, no one was really homophobic, the average person just thought it was some weird shit, not really making them homophobic. Plus, at least 80% of the people who claim they're gay now wouldn't be back then. Being gay can be a naturally occurring thing, but I feel like it's naturally quite rare, and that the majority of people who claim they're gay are only "gay" because they're heavily exposed to psyops.

Oh yeah, I forgot to make clear of that argument, too. It's subjective, but I feel like that doesn't apply to the vast, vast majority of wrong generationers. I personally don't feel superior to anyone, and I know those faggots think I do, but I personally don't. I only ded srsly just wish I could live in the 80s. I feel like that argument is just plain projection.

I first saw that subreddit in around 2013 I think. I barely ever used Reddit back in the day; I think I found it because I commented on a Metallica YouTube video saying something like "music will never be this good anymore" and some random Redditard replied and just put down "r/lewronggeneration".
I think they accuse us of feeling “superior to others” just to demonize us. I remember they also make dumb arguments like “people hated on your music when it was new” which is a dumb argument. That’s like saying “you can’t hate mumble rap if you like nickelback because many people hated nickelback”. Because opinions like “80s music is better” is subjective. So their argument fails

Blacks will love him. His bad taste dominates this decade.

People are just dumb. "This generation is the correct one, all the others were inferior/sexist/misogynistic/etc" some people literally think like that.

I wish I was born in the stone age so I can rape foids without blue soyboys stopping me

The 2000's was the last good decade, particularly early to mid 00's. Before social media was a thing, before political correctness was mainstream, before internet dating was mainstream and before fucking Tinder. If only I was born 10 years earlier and not fucking deformed

The 2000's was the last good decade, particularly early to mid 00's. Before social media was a thing, before political correctness was mainstream, before internet dating was mainstream and before fucking Tinder. If only I was born 10 years earlier and not fucking deformed
Early 2010s were good, too. I never had to deal with feminists in high school, first time I heard about modern-day feminists was in 2013 and the girl said she hated feminists. :feelskek:

I used to cope by telling myself that i was simply born in the wrong generation. However nowadays i just think that existence always fucking sucked, and that i was doomed for failure either way.

I used to cope by telling myself that i was simply born in the wrong generation. However nowadays i just think that existence always fucking sucked, and that i was doomed for failure either way.
At least music, movies, fashion etc was better and SJWs didn’t exist
Early 2010s were good, too. I never had to deal with feminists in high school, first time I heard about modern-day feminists was in 2013 and the girl said she hated feminists. :feelskek:
agreed. 2014-2015 was when SJWs took over
Blacks will love him. His bad taste dominates this decade.
blacks will love who?
People are just dumb. "This generation is the correct one, all the others were inferior/sexist/misogynistic/etc" some people literally think like that.
a long time ago, age cucks didn’t exist

I think this explains why the 90s kids nostalgia trend disappeared in the second half of the 2010s.
The 90's and early 2000's were the best nostalgic times, so the haters who didn't get to experience it don't want to hear about it.

The 90's and early 2000's were the best nostalgic times, so the haters who didn't get to experience it don't want to hear about it.
High IQ. I remember some faggot said “but muh 9/11” like as if terrible things don’t happen today (eg coronavirus)

I want to live in a time where the white, straight, man wasn’t demonized to high hell. That’s it. Oh and also when you weren’t monitored 24/7

Last edited:
I want to live in a time where the white, straight, man wasn’t demonized to high hell. That’s it. Oh and also when you weren’t monitored 24/7
1950s?

That’s an ok time, sure.
Check out Elvis Presley, buddy holly, the everly brothers, fats domino, bill Haley and his comets, chuck berry, little Richard, Jerry lee Lewis, Ricky Nelson

High IQ. I remember some faggot said “but muh 9/11” like as if terrible things don’t happen today (eg coronavirus)
I would call the events that took place during 9/11 the beginning of the end, and I believe it was the final nail in the coffin (along with the 19th amendment, the sexual revolution during the 60s, growing progressive values during the 60s, Vietnam backlash, reality TV, rapid intensification of technology, and much more) that helped accelerate the degradation of Western culture even faster than the rate that we were initially going at. It's insane how instantly bad things started to arise within less than a decade of that forsaken date.

I would call the events that took place during 9/11 the beginning of the end, and I believe it was the final nail in the coffin (along with the 19th amendment, the sexual revolution during the 60s, growing progressive values during the 60s, Vietnam backlash, reality TV, rapid intensification of technology, and much more) that helped accelerate the degradation of Western culture even faster than the rate that we were initially going at. It's insane how instantly bad things started to arise within less than a decade of that forsaken date.
It got much worse in the 2010s. Last time SJWs didn’t exist was early 2010s