Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

There's no real need for university, college, further education in 2020

ReturnOfSaddam

ReturnOfSaddam

Eternal President of Iraq
★★★★
You can go on the internet and access good quality lectures, material, information on literally anything.

I know employers demand it and all, but why are we still lagging behind on this shit?

sorry you got ne reply

college is for foids to drink chad cum for 4 years

Jews need our money

Yes but you don't get the job without your diploma

Skilled trades is the way to go

its not the knowledge that college offers most of the time you spend researching shit online that your professor failed to teach you or could have simplified it within 20 mins. Its the god damn diploma, that's why when im attending college i just wanna pass and get that degree that's all

The papers you have are more important than the skill you have
full

College is not about knowledge it's about commitment to your field. The degree is the end goal.

You can go on the internet and access good quality lectures, material, information on literally anything.

I know employers demand it and all, but why are we still lagging behind on this shit?

Someone high IQ enough to realise what a farce university is. Think of how much the world has changed since the 1970's but how much has university or education as a whole changed? Not very much. You have universities in my country who charge £9000 fees a year who are doing online courses when you could do an identical course from the open university in the same way for £1500-£3000.

University has basically become an extension of high school where people go to party and bunk off for a few years instead of actually going and working and building up skills useful to their jobs another way. My grandfathers both left school at 14 and went to work. Admittedly they weren't paid very much because as young apprentices they were being taught and didn't know much. They often did an afternoon off at a technology college or night school for their academic education. My one grandfather went to a "polytechnic" which was later turned into a university. He had the equivalent of a fast track degree in higher mathematics and then took the exam for chartered engineer status.

Only the most gifted engineers who are on the fast track to management - like my manager where i work currently benefit from university education.

giphy.gif

its not the knowledge that college offers most of the time you spend researching shit online that your professor failed to teach you or could have simplified it within 20 mins. Its the god damn diploma, that's why when im attending college i just wanna pass and get that degree that's all
this right here. diploma shows your disciplined enough to be a little wagecuck who will do what his Jewish boomer boss tells him to

It's all about the connections and networking that you gain from going to university. What you know means fuck all in clown world :feelsclown: if you don't have any network.

So if you can't build a network then you're screwed

Someone high IQ enough to realise what a farce university is. Think of how much the world has changed since the 1970's but how much has university or education as a whole changed? Not very much. You have universities in my country who charge £9000 fees a year who are doing online courses when you could do an identical course from the open university in the same way for £1500-£3000.

University has basically become an extension of high school where people go to party and bunk off for a few years instead of actually going and working and building up skills useful to their jobs another way. My grandfathers both left school at 14 and went to work. Admittedly they weren't paid very much because as young apprentices they were being taught and didn't know much. They often did an afternoon off at a technology college or night school for their academic education. My one grandfather went to a "polytechnic" which was later turned into a university. He had the equivalent of a fast track degree in higher mathematics and then took the exam for chartered engineer status.

Only the most gifted engineers who are on the fast track to management - like my manager where i work currently benefit from university education.

Based. A fellow UK cel.

I think more universities are going to digitize their courses.
Skilled trades is the way to go

Academic institutions will incorporate this too.

Based. A fellow UK cel.

I think more universities are going to digitize their courses.

I don't get it mate - if you had a choice of doing a digitised degree at Bristol for £9000 a year or the same degree with the open university for £1500 which would you pick? I just don't understand why people put themselves into such debt for education much of which is pretty sub-par. Where i work we have been taking on apprentices instead of graduates the last few years. They do 1 day a week at college. Overall i rate most of our apprentices much higher than the grads.

I don't get it mate - if you had a choice of doing a digitised degree at Bristol for £9000 a year or the same degree with the open university for £1500 which would you pick? I just don't understand why people put themselves into such debt for education much of which is pretty sub-par. Where i work we have been taking on apprentices instead of graduates the last few years. They do 1 day a week at college. Overall i rate most of our apprentices much higher than the grads.

ALL universities are going to have to drastically drop their prices now that courses are being digitised more.

Couldn't agree with you more mate.

I hate the course I choose. Law is so boring

The papers you have are more important than the skill you have
full
YOUR PAPERS PLEASE! HURRY!
(sorry man, no papers, not even a pipe! But i have a bottle...)

At least you'll be rich

Here in Brazil you need to be a public servant or have your own office to be rich with Law
And there are many people trying these things. It's too competitive

what about musical education?choral singing etc

For the career im looking to go into, i dont think there's an alternative way to go for it without college.

you just need the diploma, the rest is useless

Because muh gov bucks

agreed. 18-21 year olds should get a wife and kids

and i barely learn in my classes. it's like i earn credits for nothing

I need to learn welding, unless there is some vr welding sim out there I'm screwed

You guys moggs me hard because you have plans