Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious This gym and fitness fad can't possibly continue, can it?

micropenis29

micropenis29

Banned
-
Eventually normies will realize it's not helping them get laid.

Then, will the bubble burst?

If so, what comes next?

13 year olds are already looksmaxxing by getting perms dental appliances for palate and gymaxxing
There was some crazy as fucking stat about hgh use among high school male teens
Fuck the lengths a male has to go to

13 year olds are already looksmaxxing by getting perms dental appliances for palate and gymaxxing

Wow. So men are gonna take that route. This will not end well.

Wow. So men are gonna take that route. This will not end well.
Competition amongst gen z in the age of tik tok Chads and roiders starting as young as 16 is insane.
Competition like this will leave a lot of people under the cut who couldn’t make it like some gen Zers here

When I was in high school, which was admittedly a good five-six years ago now, a short kid in my science class broke down crying when someone made a short joke. He was handsome, but like 5'4 with the voice of a child. He refused to go back to school until his parents put him on growth hormones. The summer break comes and goes, and all of a sudden in September he's grown a couple inches and his voice is deeper. So to me, I think kids who are self aware will be serving their parents ultimatums: I'm not participating in this social hierarchy at a genetic disadvantage.

Fitness isn't a fad, it won't go away.

it's just making things even worse

if the core problem isn't fixed it's useless

Once the threshold of attractiveness can't be met by exercise or abs, which is where we're heading towards now, I think a good percentage of lifting e-celebs will lose their fanbase. It'll be seen as an extension of early 2010s PUA cope.

Not only is it not going away, it'll be the standard. To not lift will be like watching problematic old movies. We know better now, you have no excuse to live that way anymore.

they will do everything but fight.

Once the threshold of attractiveness can't be met by exercise or abs, which is where we're heading towards now, I think a good percentage of lifting e-celebs will lose their fanbase. It'll be seen as an extension of early 2010s PUA cope.

Yeah, I don't see how this stuff continues if it doesn't lead to sex for its adherents.

Nobody ENJOYS this shit.

Imagine being so pathetic that you think the only reason to care about your fitness is for the opinions of females

Yes, it'll continue, jfl.

Imagine being so pathetic that you think the only reason to care about your fitness is for the opinions of females

I'm that pathetic.

Why should i care? It's not like I'm in bad shape. Why be in excellent shape though?

It's not the only reason to care, but if you think normies do it for some pushing a boulder up a hill higher purpose crap you're delusional. The crowd is all about vanity.

Lifting as a PUA red pill cope will probably hit a low, but physical training in the gym will still be a regular activity for many people.

Sure but big muscles aren’t necessary for health and fitness.

Pretty much only cardio is and you get that by running, bicycling and or jogging.

Not lifting weights.

Fitness still has benefits even if you aren't getting laid.

Fitness still has benefits even if you aren't getting laid.

I'm not convinced it really does. Aside from the obvious "You won't lose your breath going up the stairs" type of thing. And very basic exercise requirements and whatnot.

From what I understand, any benefits beyond that are quite marginal.

When everybody starts looksmaxxing it will then be considered the default. The bar for foids will just move higher. In fact I think this gym/looksmaxxing/self improvement craze is what's raising the bar right now to pure genetics.

I'm not convinced it really does. Aside from the obvious "You won't lose your breath going up the stairs" type of thing. And very basic exercise requirements and whatnot.

There are massive benefits to strength and athleticism. A lot of benefits to physical and mental health. Even improvements to general mood.

Most of the guys showing up at the gym wanting to get girls lose motivation quickly and either stop bothering or show up once a week at most. I see it all the time.
Getting jacked takes a lot more dedication than other looksmaxxing techniques and it's probably the least effective of all of them unless you're obese lol.

I hate toilets

Incel is incel. Men need to fatmaxx instead of roiding and softlooksmaxxing

When everybody starts looksmaxxing it will then be considered the default. The bar for foids will just move higher. In fact I think this gym/looksmaxxing/self improvement craze is what's raising the bar right now to pure genetics.
That’s the brutal truth about hypergamy and female standards it never stops increasing

Not only is it not going away, it'll be the standard. To not lift will be like watching problematic old movies. We know better now, you have no excuse to live that way anymore.
You seem like you're happy about this. You don't need to lift to be healthy. As other people on this thread said you can do cardiovascular exercise regularly and that will do fine.

You seem like you're happy about this. You don't need to lift to be healthy. As other people on this thread said you can do cardiovascular exercise regularly and that will do fine.

I'm not happy. I'd like to be as special as possible, but if everyone's super, no one will be.

A lot of the people I know go to the gym but most of them look like shit body-wise (including me).

I'm not happy. I'd like to be as special as possible, but if everyone's super, no one will be.
The shoulder checking and walking into people to assert dominance trend along with the lifting craze I feel was associated with the rise of pua redpill coping in 2014 to 2017.
You would hope that once guys see that it's not about how much you lift but how your face and frame it would eventually stop being expected for all guys to lift.
But foids now regularly lecture incels about having to lift if they want to ascend despite the existence of gymcels. Probably misleading guys because they feel it's justified as "revenge" for the body standards men chads made women live up to.

Last edited:
That’s the brutal truth about hypergamy and female standards it never stops increasing
People here don't get it. There is no end to this. This planet is eternal hell.

does the body positive movement if it takes off will it bring the threshold down a bit?

Maybe we should start a male body positivity movement to convince foids that guys with skinny-fat gamer bods are hot.

Sure but big muscles aren’t necessary for health and fitness.

Pretty much only cardio is and you get that by running, bicycling and or jogging.

Not lifting weights.

This level of ignorance about resistance training is ubiquitous.

Lifting weights has tremendous health benefits. Improved immune system, increased basal metabolic testosterone, increased HGH in the body which is responsible for a host of health benefits on its own, increased bone density which reduces the risk of bone related injuries and disease later in life, reduced risk of diabetes, reduced risk of heart disease, and a bunch more that I can't remember off of the top of my head.

FFS, spend 30 minutes and look it up yourself.

This level of ignorance about resistance training is ubiquitous.

Lifting weights has tremendous health benefits. Improved immune system, increased basal metabolic testosterone, increased HGH in the body which is responsible for a host of health benefits on its own, increased bone density which reduces the risk of bone related injuries and disease later in life, reduced risk of diabetes, reduced risk of heart disease, and a bunch more that I can't remember off of the top of my head.

FFS, spend 30 minutes and look it up yourself.
I've heard about those benefits but I've also heard that if you can't lift properly with the right technique or are too frail you can screw up your posture, put out your back and get injuries.

Imo lifting is not for everyone. Least of all framelet guys.

I've heard about those benefits but I've also heard that if you can't lift properly with the right technique or are too frail you can screw up your posture, put out your back and get injuries.

Imo lifting is not for everyone. Least of all framelet guys.

If you do anything improperly you will be at risk of injury, including having bad running form. You may need some coaching if you're completely unfamiliar with weights.

Another big problem is ego lifting. Nobody cares how much you lift, but many people haven't understood this lesson.

If you do anything improperly you will be at risk of injury, including having bad running form. You may need some coaching if you're completely unfamiliar with weights.
Tbh I have heard this thing about form for a long time but it seems no matter what I look up online I can't figure out the correct lifting technique.

I don't feel like spending money on coaching to get familiar with weights because I don't know if the person would really know what they are talking about or only have advice that fits non framelet guys and not framecels like me.
More often than not with physical exercise I find that to be the case: all the advice is meant for people with regular physical frame, not framecels with skuliosis, winged scapula and anterior pelvic tilt like me.

Tbh it's a constant frustration of mine because the best time to start lifting is when you are young and I'm running out of time if I ever wanted to learn the proper technique.

Plus I don't really trust personal trainers ngl

Tbh I have heard this thing about form for a long time but it seems no matter what I look up online I can't figure out the correct lifting technique.

I don't feel like spending money on coaching to get familiar with weights because I don't know if the person would really know what they are talking about or only have advice that fits non framelet guys and not framecels like me.
More often than not with physical exercise I find that to be the case: all the advice is meant for people with regular physical frame, not framecels with skuliosis, winged scapula and anterior pelvic tilt like me.

Tbh it's a constant frustration of mine because the best time to start lifting is when you are young and I'm running out of time if I ever wanted to learn the proper technique.

Plus I don't really trust personal trainers ngl

Being a framelet isn't an excuse to not lift. I personally know a framelet. The dude is 5'2", has wrists almost half my size, yet his strength to weight ratio is the highest I've ever seen. The dude is around 125 pounds and can deadlift over 300, squat almost 300, and bench just slightly over 200, all for reps. As far as I can tell, he's natural. He studied everything on his own, but I coached him a little for his programming.

I swear, that's not a larp, but some people will still think it is just to feel better about themselves.

As for personal trainers, most are absolute garbage, so you have to do your research there. I'm not a fan of crossfit, but I would recommend it if you're a complete noob to fitness who wants to incorporate weightlifting. You will learn the key lifts for total body muscle stimulation.

Once you're comfortable there, follow your own routines and goals. Whatever you do, do NOT compare yourself to others as a reference point for progress. You don't necessarily have to follow a routine to a T, since different people respond differently to different kinds of training, but generally, most programs work for everyone up to a point. Once you get there, you'll know your body better and you'll make personalized custom adjustments.

Being a framelet isn't an excuse to not lift. I personally know a framelet. The dude is 5'2", has wrists almost half my size, yet his strength to weight ratio is the highest I've ever seen. The dude is around 125 pounds and can deadlift over 300, squat almost 300, and bench just slightly over 200, all for reps. He studied everything on his own, but I coached him a little for his programming.
I'm pretty scared something like what happened in this video will occur ngl
I've also heard a lot of people get break bones and get painful sprains from things like deadlifting and doing squats with heavy weights.
I swear, that's not a larp, but some people will still think it is just to feel better about themselves.
Believe it or not I do want to try to maxx out where I can and gym is an area if where I maxx out I'll feel a lot better tbh
But I haven't found anything that works.

See the thread where I had discussed this with @Copexodius Maximus

As for personal trainers, most are absolute garbage, so you have to do your research there. I'm not a fan of crossfit, but I would recommend it if you're a complete noob to fitness who wants to incorporate weightlifting. You will learn the key lifts for total body muscle stimulation.
I'll need to look into it. I've heard people dissing crossfit too but within reason I'm willing to try what is available.

Once you're comfortable there, follow your own routines and goals. Whatever you do, do NOT compare yourself to others as a reference point for progress. You don't necessarily have to follow a routine to a T, since different people respond differently to different kinds of training, but generally, most programs work for everyone up to a point.
It's hard not to compare myself to others as a reference point but I also think that if I am not able to make much progress even lifting weights without getting wrist, back and abdomen pain it's going to be tough to avoid that I can't even begin to the basics most guys can.

Once you get there, you'll know your body better and you'll make personalized custom adjustments.
I agree with that. There is no one size fits all workout routine and I'll have to tailor the exercises to what works for me.

I'm pretty scared something like what happened in this video will occur ngl
I've also heard a lot of people get break bones and get painful sprains from things like deadlifting and doing squats with heavy weights.

First of all, the guy in the video is an absolute retard and is a prime example of what not to do: lift with your ego. Second, the leg press is shit and should only be used as a secondary exercise. You should be squatting.

Believe it or not I do want to try to maxx out where I can and gym is an area if where I maxx out I'll feel a lot better tbh
But I haven't found anything that works.

See the thread where I had discussed this with @Copexodius Maximus

A simple test to know if a gym is good or not: ask if they allow chalk. If they say yes, sign up, because they're going to have the necessary equipment for your training.

I'll need to look into it. I've heard people dissing crossfit too but within reason I'm willing to try what is available.

Let me be perfectly clear about something: crossfit is absolutely retarded when you get to the intermediate level and beyond. Their routines are beyond stupid past a certain point. Nobody is supposed to do shit like C&J at 60% for 20 reps.

But for beginners it's a good place to start learning and get into the habit of training.

It's hard not to compare myself to others as a reference point but I also think that if I am not able to make much progress even lifting weights without getting wrist, back and abdomen pain it's going to be tough to avoid that I can't even begin to the basics most guys can.

Joint or back pain is a bad sign, and it means you're doing a movement improperly and/or for a lot of weight when you're not ready for that weight. This pain is distinct from muscle soreness. You will experience intense muscle soreness (DOMS) that will last for days when you start, but that will go away with regular training. It's also not a sign that you're making gains. Broscience PhDs use soreness as a gauge for workout effectiveness, but that is stupid.

Last edited:
When I was in high school, which was admittedly a good five-six years ago now, a short kid in my science class broke down crying when someone made a short joke. He was handsome, but like 5'4 with the voice of a child. He refused to go back to school until his parents put him on growth hormones. The summer break comes and goes, and all of a sudden in September he's grown a couple inches and his voice is deeper. So to me, I think kids who are self aware will be serving their parents ultimatums: I'm not participating in this social hierarchy at a genetic disadvantage.

View: https://voca.ro/1nF6hSK91Th5

First of all, the guy in the video is an absolute retard and is a prime example of what not to do: lift with your ego. Second, the leg press is shit and should only be used as a secondary exercise. You should be squatting.
Okay. So far I can only do squats without weights for obvious reasons that I mentioned in that thread where I had discussed my ailments with Copexodius Maximus.

A simple test to know if a gym is good or not: ask if they allow chalk. If they say yes, sign up, because they're going to have the necessary equipment for your training.
I'm not sure what the chalk is but I'll keep that in mind when I ask.

Let me perfectly clear about something: crossfit is absolutely retarded when you get to the intermediate level and beyond. Their routines are beyond stupid past a certain point. Nobody is supposed to do shit like C&J at 60% for 20 reps.
Also noted.

But for beginners it's a good place to start learning and getting into the habit of training.
Okay thanks.

Joint or back pain is a bad sign, and it means you're doing a movement improperly and/or for a lot of weight when you're not ready for that weight. This pain is distinct from muscle soreness. You will experience intense muscle soreness (DOMS) that will last for days when you start, but that will go away with regular training. It's also not a sign that you're making gains. Broscience PhDs use soreness as a gauge for workout effectiveness, but that is stupid.
I agree thinking that soreness is an indicator the exercises are working is cope. And I even got joint, back and abdomen pain from doing that with extremely light like 5 pound weights so you can imagine how demoralizing it was for me.

Right now I want to start with pushups or at least bodyweight exercises because even lifting light weights isn't something I'm capable of doing without getting join, abdomen and back pain. tbh I was initially eager to do pushups, squats and planks but I keep hearing that only doing those exercises won't exercise all necessary muscles and is incomplete compared to exercises where you lift weights.
So ngl I haven't done anything because with no gains from pushups, squats and planks (the only exercises I can do at the moment) I can't work up the motivation to start.

But what you said about starting out with crossfit is something I'll consider. I definitely need some instructed training I just didn't know where to start and not all personal trainers are reliable or even are fully familiar with the problems framelets with posture problems like me face in starting out.

Never. As long as we have Instagram where fitness models are dime a dozen and bluepillers thinking it's their body that makes them famous not their face. This will never stop. Heck, even more young kids are using gear these days for that GymShark sponsorship.