Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy this is why u inkwell sweetie

quinn24

quinn24

Stay asleep
★★★★★

An English silver and glass inkwell, hallmark date 1910
An inkwell is a small jar or container, often made of glass, porcelain, silver, brass, or pewter, used for holding ink in a place convenient for the person who is writing. The artist or writer dips the brush, quill, or dip pen into the inkwell as needed or uses the inkwell as the source for filling the reservoir of a fountain pen. An inkwell usually has a lid to prevent contamination, evaporation, accidental spillage, and excessive exposure to air. A type known as the travelling inkwell was fitted with a secure, screw lid so a traveller could carry a supply of ink in their luggage without the risk of leakage.

The inkwell's origins may be traced back to Ancient Egypt where scribes would write on papyrus. Knowledge of hieroglyphics was at the time highly restricted. Only scribes knew the full array of hieroglyphs and would write on the behalf of their employers, usually the pharaoh. After Rome invaded Egypt, inkwells became more popular in Italy as a larger percentage of the population were capable of writing.[1]

Inkwells gradually fell out of use in the early part of 20th century[2] as the reservoir fountain pen (which needs to be filled only occasionally) replaced the dip pen, which needed to be dipped in ink after writing a few lines. Old school desks had round holes for inkwells.[3]

Not one word you coping clown

B3D17B50 2EF8 4712 ADFF B09D588446B4

It never bagen...

We have it hard. It has been so long.

Thanks for this useful knowledge i will use in everyday life.

Incel IQ is always above IT IQ

After Rome invaded Egypt, inkwells became more popular in Italy as a larger percentage of the population were capable of writing.[1]

Cool, buddy boyos, guess we have been wasting our time with SEA. Italy is where it’s at.

Inkwells gradually fell out of use in the early part of 20th century[2]

Shit! It’s been over for a lot longer than I realized.

The coping clown had turned upside down

I could stand to get my quill wet.
I could stand to get my quill wet.

so bizarre lol

thanks for the information