Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious thoughts on attention whoring?

quinn24

quinn24

Stay asleep
★★★★★
I think that it's an unavoidable part of human nature for the most part. I could be "le stoic intellectual" all I want, but I won't be able to take this away. But maybe some are desensitized to it. Either way, I don't think that it's an excuse to go full retard

I’m a high inhib autist so I’ve always preferred to avoid attention tbh. I’ve been at the center of attention a few times in my life but they were all involuntary..

Attention whores are all shallow cunts in my experience.

I think that with today's technology and social paradigm, it's become more and more extreme. It reminds me of how a few years ago you would see posts on twitter or facebook about Stacies taking kids with down syndrome to prom, and now in 2019 you have Stacies dating giga disabled men for money, status and attention. I find it unsettling and bizarre.

Humans are social animals. Survival often depended on status within ones tribe/community, especially for foids, they needed somebody to hunt for them and defend them. A certain degree of attention whoring exists in everyone and is natural I think. People are in an environment where they are surrounded by social media and media in general 24/7, which means they are constantly surrounded by braggarts and virtue signalers, one feels a natural urge to either compete with them or sees how utterly insignificant it is and turns away from it, the latter being the minority group it seems.

Like @Norky said, the current social paradigm takes it to the extreme. It seems that some live life as if it is a popularity contest, there is a difference between being proud of something and sharing it with your friends online and sharing something just to make yourself look better.
Either way, I don't think that it's an excuse to go full retard
At the end of the day, however you look at it I agree with this part. Never go full retard.

its a nice way to expose yourself as a roastie

I think that with today's technology and social paradigm, it's become more and more extreme. It reminds me of how a few years ago you would see posts on twitter or facebook about Stacies taking kids with down syndrome to prom, and now in 2019 you have Stacies dating giga disabled men for money, status and attention. I find it unsettling and bizarre.

View attachment 80093
:soy: see incels looks don't matter