Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Thoughts on grammar nazis?

idkwattodowithlife

idkwattodowithlife

Banned
-
I generally don't mind them correcting my grammar, but if they criticize, and leave you nothing (or no suggestions) then whats even the point? Its almost like a woman telling you to get a hair cut and you know damn well, its not almost going to do anything for you... FFS.

You'd better learn how to use a semicolon

Battlefield3cel said:
You'd better learn how to use a semicolon
If people are so fixated about some spelling and punctuation errors, why can't they correct it for that person? And at least give them some tips along the way? At least, it will add some value.

Well, I guess all hope is lost...

Never met many grammar nazi but I would find frustrating if somesomeone kept correcting me just to feel superior

idkwattodowithlife said:
If people are so fixated about some spelling and punctuation errors, why can't they correct it for that person? And at least give them some tips along the way? At least, it will add some value.

Well, I guess all hope is lost...

I was kidding, i saw the post where the dude told you to learn to use a semicolon properly. 

Tbh its pretty trivial and doesnt matter. He was like you said, a grammer nazi.

Themisterpepsi said:
Never met many grammar nazi but I would find frustrating if somesomeone kept correcting me just to feel superior
There's probably not a lot.

I try to be cautious with how I use my grammar and spelling, just to keep up with the general courtesy, politeness, and maintain some sort of etiquette. But however, I'm not always going to be aware of the mistakes and errors, I'm going to make. No way, I'm that hyper self-aware...

Yes, theirs probably a sense of elitism there.

idkwattodowithlife said:
There's probably not a lot.

I try to be cautious with how I use my grammar and spelling, just to keep up with the general courtesy, politeness, and maintain some sort of etiquette. But however, I'm not always going to be aware of the mistakes and errors, I'm going to make. No way, I'm that hyper self-aware...

Yes, theirs probably a sense of elitism there.

For me I know just the basic shit like you're and your
Or they and they're

Themisterpepsi said:
For me I know just the basic shit like you're and your
Or they and they're
Yeah, that's perfectly fine. I'd certainly have no problem with that and its unnecessary for us to be speaking/typing Shakespearean like English in everyday real-life.

I got easily triggered today and of course got caught off-guard. I've looked into his post history and started to question if he's an incel, or not. Oh well, I still lose.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Yeah, that's perfectly fine. I'd certainly have no problem with that and its unnecessary for us to be speaking/typing Shakespearean like English in everyday real-life.

I got easily triggered today and of course got caught off-guard. I've looked into his post history and started to question if he's an incel, or not. Oh well, I still lose.

Found the post where he corrected you lol
I wouldn't trust newcels like that

There seem to be fewer and fewer grammar nazis and increasingly many real nazis around these days.

Red Shambhala said:
There seem to be fewer and fewer grammar nazis and increasingly many real nazis around these days.
Yes, you're right.

A lot of the nazis branched off from anti-feminism (i.e. the mainstream pc culture).

Battlefield3cel said:
I was kidding, I saw the post where the dude told you to learn to use a semicolon properly. 

Tbh, it's pretty trivial and doesn't matter. He was, like you said, a grammar nazi.

i guess this will never end

I was kidding.

Red Shambhala said:

sieg heil

Attachments

• 1506136109636.jpg
    1506136109636.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 76