To irishcels, was Tyrone ever an Irish name?

Bleachcel

Bleachcel

G.O.R.I.L.L.A _M.A.X.I.N.G
-
69d 10h 25m
So I was reading something about names and I forgot where but is it true that the name Tyrone is originally Irish? I’m assuming if it was originally Irish or British or that region or whatever, then it probably got used for slave names and then that’s why we have blacks in America called Tyrone? Very stereotypical of me saying this tho cuz I’ve actually never met one black guy named tyrone lol

Sparrow's Song

Sparrow's Song

The Veiled Prophet of ☽Incelabad☾
-
83d 13h 50m
I met a black guy named Tyrone but he was an NTmaxxed normie. He was super skinny and looked like Dave Chappelle wearing FuBu and gold chains.. He's old now.
His life is probably boring and miserable.

Bleachcel

Bleachcel

G.O.R.I.L.L.A _M.A.X.I.N.G
-
69d 10h 25m
I met a black guy named Tyrone but he was an NTmaxxed normie. He was super skinny and looked like Dave Chappelle wearing FuBu and gold chains.. He's old now.
His life is probably boring and miserable.

if dave chapelel wasn’t a comedian I bet he’d be like oreoman tbh lol

Sparrow's Song

Sparrow's Song

The Veiled Prophet of ☽Incelabad☾
-
83d 13h 50m
Uggo Mongo

Uggo Mongo

☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
★★★★★
115d 19h 52m
There were white actors a few decades ago named Tyrone
Names that used to be solely for males get abandoned too and associated with females like Evelyn, Meredith, Courtney, Kelly, all exclusively guy names about 100 years ago.
It seems Evelyn was always a female name, I was confused by Evelyn Waugh. Nevertheless

Last edited:
Jazavac

Jazavac

Localized celibacy
★★★★★
67d 10h 54m
I could see it having Irish origins. The 1st part "Tyr" or "Tir" sounds gaelic and "one" is pretty generic.

zangano1

zangano1

The truest of cels
★★★★★
63d 19h 53m
I don't know

Murdoch89

Murdoch89

Useless motherfucker
★★★
18d 8h 4m
So I was reading something about names and I forgot where but is it true that the name Tyrone is originally Irish? I’m assuming if it was originally Irish or British or that region or whatever, then it probably got used for slave names and then that’s why we have blacks in America called Tyrone? Very stereotypical of me saying this tho cuz I’ve actually never met one black guy named tyrone lol
I live in the county of Tyrone