Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Too stupid to be a programmer

incels.REEEE

incels.REEEE

Officer
★★★★
We have all heard the phrase "life isn't fair". Well that's only part of the story. The truth is that life is always stacked against retards born with shit genes and favors every other human on the planet.

Society loves to stereotype. A common one is that social losers can at-least make it in the coding industry. However for subhuman trash like me that simply isn't the case.

After 2 years of Android development I can't get a SimpleDateFormat to return a date with am/pm (a and aa not working). After spending 5+ hours on this simple task I gave up and sought help online.

When I posted a question on StackOverflow I ran into formatting issues and mis-worded the title. I deleted it immediately. Then, when I tried to post a new question with copy-paste I got the message "Question contains code that is not formatted as code". Finally I remembered how to do control-k to paste code in. Guess what? I then see a final message: "You must wait 90 minutes to post another question". Fuck1ng J3w3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Spolsky).

By the way the job that my question is related to is for an early stage startup. It is pre-revenue. I have been working for them for an entire year but still cant code and haven't even made $1. REEEEEE FUCK1NG KILL ME!!!

I have a new job as of a month ago but will likely get fired any-day because I simply am not capable. Coding is literally all that I do and I spend about 60 hours per week in total. No girlfriend, no parties and 24 years old.

I wish I had the balls to hang myself instead of going down this cuck-train scam called life.

at least you put in effort and continously learn something

thats good

i cant relate to programming but im struggling with learning other shit as well
maybe it isnt about how much time you invest but more about how you invest it

if you really want to learn it , you can do it tbh

at least you put in effort and continously learn something

thats good

i cant relate to programming but im struggling with learning other shit as well
maybe it isnt about how much time you invest but more about how you invest it

if you really want to learn it , you can do it tbh
I really appreciate your sympathy. I do believe that I can improve... I need to believe that. Still though I have so far found that life is a scam when you're on the autism spectrum. I suspect that this may be the case here too. Hopefully I'll get better results in the future.

My techniques for learning are probably okay. It's a mix of classes, side-projects and unpaid startup work. Side projects were a-lot of fun at first likely due to the Ed-Kruger effect. Now I'm losing some of my passion and just feel like an idiot.

I really appreciate your sympathy. I do believe that I can improve... I need to believe that. Still though I have so far found that life is a scam when you're on the autism spectrum. I suspect that this may be the case here too. Hopefully I'll get better results in the future.

My techniques for learning are probably okay. It's a mix of classes, side-projects and unpaid startup work. Side projects were a-lot of fun at first likely due to the Ed-Kruger effect. Now I'm losing some of my passion and just feel like an idiot.
You have to fight through this phase of depression ngl
dont drag yourself down
i make the same mistake tho

I know that feel very well.

Can you get time with your code?

Why not just create a function that converts 24 hour time as 12 hour time? Just add am or pm at the end

I’m too stupid to be anything

Code:
if (this.iq < 105 && autism) {
    this.rope();
}

Social losers can make it if they have high iq. It's over for social losers with low iq like us

Can you get time with your code?

Why not just create a function that converts 24 hour time as 12 hour time? Just add am or pm at the end

I was hoping to avoid changing the string manually. I would have to convert from date to string then back to date with the new text added. Since am/pm is at the middle before format (ie UTC) and year I would also need to use .indexOf in a loop. Probably tried that already and got an "object cannot be parsed as date exception". Might would be prone to bugs if it worked as well... I'm not great with understanding time/calendar. Just wish the date would return with am/pm. String modification is more complex than just getting it to show up to begin with.
Code:
    this.rope();
}

Last edited:
Probably tried that already and got an "object cannot be parsed as date exception".
That means your object is not of date type.
Just split the string when it returns something like 17:30.
Write code where : splits yours tring and replace 17 with 5

We have all heard the phrase "life isn't fair". Well that's only part of the story. The truth is that life is always stacked against retards born with shit genes and favors every other human on the planet.

Society loves to stereotype. A common one is that social losers can at-least make it in the coding industry. However for subhuman trash like me that simply isn't the case.

After 2 years of Android development I can't get a SimpleDateFormat to return a date with am/pm (a and aa not working). After spending 5+ hours on this simple task I gave up and sought help online.

When I posted a question on StackOverflow I ran into formatting issues and mis-worded the title. I deleted it immediately. Then, when I tried to post a new question with copy-paste I got the message "Question contains code that is not formatted as code". Finally I remembered how to do control-k to paste code in. Guess what? I then see a final message: "You must wait 90 minutes to post another question". Fuck1ng J3w3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Spolsky).

By the way the job that my question is related to is for an early stage startup. It is pre-revenue. I have been working for them for an entire year but still cant code and haven't even made $1. REEEEEE FUCK1NG KILL ME!!!

I have a new job as of a month ago but will likely get fired any-day because I simply am not capable. Coding is literally all that I do and I spend about 60 hours per week in total. No girlfriend, no parties and 24 years old.

I wish I had the balls to hang myself instead of going down this cuck-train scam called life.
Brutal shit, it's the same for me. I need to re-learn fucking bubble sort lmao im that low iq.

you might be dumb, but your sig kicks ass. I used to be a Ministry fan

Code:
    this.rope();
}

Code:
function Rope(IT)

if(IT.IQ < 105 and IT.Autism)then

IT.Health = 0;

end
end

Rope(Intellau_Celistic)()

Aspie John and Matthew had very similar digital lives. They learned of programming in their "tween" years and started as adolescents.

Matthew:

Connect

Aspie John:

Aspie John, as a young child, sought out books on homebrew(Wii) and programming from the local bookstore. He received slight exposure to C++ and Assembly, especially regarding the various Assemblers used for gaming consoles. He also experimented with Batch and learned to use simple script commands for (XSE) ROM editing.

At the age of thirteen, A.J found himself interested in Visual Basic and a "high-level" scripting language of the gaming community he was involved in.

Years Later:

Matthew

Matt

Last edited:
... (Chapter I)

Chapter II:

In the year of 2013, Matthew continued to advanced in the programming ranks:

Assembly

ASM

Aspie John, meanwhile, was busy introducing himself to the use of ASM in emulation...

Home

Brew

Though they seemed quite different at first, Matthew's background had more similarities:

Security

MD5

A.J, himself(Same year):

Heuristic

(They offered technical support with tools such as HijackThis and ComboFix/VundoFix. There are many variants of Vundo)

(The open-source Antivirus Immunet is based upon. A.J would sometimes gather malware using SandBoxy/VirtualBox to improve Clamwin's database.)

His interests, though, extended further...into the realm of "Hacking Wargames" and general network security.

Skipping into 2015, Aspie John's associates FireballAnon and NotAshley had some conflict:

Fire

Ball

Anon

Such a lovely shared history...

Yeah same

Chapter III:

Another day of Lua scripting, when the prestigious Matthew made his appearance:

Bit

Aspie John, a programming novice, was immediately intrigued by the very mention of "bitwise operations". Aspie John quickly realized that Matthew's skill was well above that of himself and his fellow programmers. He monitored the thread for the remainder of the day, slightly bothered that he was too inexperienced to offer assistance.

This would serve as the start of his relationship with Matthew/"cntkillme"...

Still, Matthew did offer slight credit to the aspie:

Anoy

Aspie John gradually slipped away from the tiresome questions of Scripting Helpers and moved on to other sections. He spent time in Off-Topic. Eventually, though, he went on hiatus, with the intention of perfecting his abilities.

Prior:

Metatables

Setfenv

Concat

G

Tables

Next

Sub

He experimented with the "os" functions provided in Lua. This was near the time when he started learning 'C' as well.

Our dear protagonist went on hiatus, finally...

Surprisingly, it was a bit easier than Aspie John expected, despite his NLD. The man learned basic concepts of graph theory and discrete mathematics, which allowed him to write simple string-based modules to handle programming problems.

Aspie's Hiatus(Still Gone):

View attachment 573538

View attachment 573540

(Fellow programmer, Sasayaki/"wazap")

He solved most of the problems from the old version of CoderByte(String Patterns, Arrays, Recursion, Factorials, Ciphers, solved a few "Hard" problems):

C:

C Libraries

He then reevaluated his Lua knowledge:

(Briefly experimented with MOAI and Love2D)

(Learned to use LuaSocket)

He looked at bits of the C code for Lua...

A certain degree of Mathematical Abstraction came along with his progression(NLD Feat):

Graphs:

Unit Testing & Optimization:

Logic:

Algebras:

(Lua)

SPOJ/CodeChef(Lua, C, slight use of Perl)

(He had never used Python, LISP, Haskell, C++, Assembly, or Visual Basic much)

Finally, he indulged in Computer Science itself:

Algorithms:

https://mathworld.wolfram.com/ReversePolishNotation.html (He had already briefly introduced himself to this concept while researching "Compilers")

Conceptual Machines(Data):

Programming Paradigms:

Logic Gates:

He made his eventual, slight return:

Comp Sci

Voltage

L C

Sadly, mental illness and race realism ruined his aspirations. He regressed from severe depression, and rotted for many years onward...

Then, he briefly learned a new language: GDScript:

It was brief, since he was too mentally-ill to enter the programming pattern again...

The realities of inceldom all too apparent...Tsk.