Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Ultrawide monitor or 4k?

B

BarbarossaRex

Greycel
Just ordered a new PC, as lockdown was just prolonged, and it's not like I'll be lounging at the beaches come summer.....
But which monitor should I get? I'm split between a 34" 1440p 144hz 21:9, or a ~28" 4k with only 60hz, or maybe 100hz, if I find the extra cash.
I'm coming from a 2 year old gaming laptop (don't laugh, used for work...), so whatever I choose will feel like an upgrade. But what is the best experience?

Mainly singleplayer games. Nothing competetive (I've already got life. lol). I'm getting a 3070 GPU.

Get the ultrawide if you are using it for desktop use. If you are using your monitor for watching from your bed then the 4k makes sense.

Get the ultrawide if you are using it for desktop use. If you are using your monitor for watching from your bed then the 4k makes sense.
I won't. I'll be using it in my office on my desk.

Ultra wide one mainly because of better refresh rate
But I would personally prefer 4k over ultrawide, just not my cup of tea

I'm looking for monitors too tbh. Over for monitorcels.

Anyone know of a good one between 34inch - 49 inch? I'm using a 27 inch monitor and have been looking at 34 inch ultrawides cause I need two screens side by sides, but I think I will hate turning my head even if it's curved. Thinking of getting a 43 inch one that goes up more than it expands out instead.

Get the 89 inch one bro!

I'm looking for monitors too tbh. Over for monitorcels.

Anyone know of a good one between 34inch - 49 inch? I'm using a 27 inch monitor and have been looking at 34 inch ultrawides cause I need two screens side by sides, but I think I will hate turning my head even if it's curved. Thinking of getting a 43 inch one that goes up more than it expands out instead.
Depending on your budget of course, I heard good things about the Xiaomi 34" curved. It's definitely a budget option, but apparantly punching above it's weight class.

I am for 28" 4K (if it's not cheap TN crap), PPI will be so good