Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious URGENT : Paul Valery

nausea

nausea

Fesikh
★★★★★
whoever reads\has read\knows him TELL ME
@Ledgemund
@Red Shambhala

Last edited:
Paul Valery=?

Yes, great French poet in the Modernist style; I have read some of him, specifically L'Idee Fixe. If you like him, check out Gide, esp. Lafcadio's Adventures.

Yes, great French poet in the Modernist style; I have read some of him, specifically L'Idee Fixe. If you like him, check out Gide, esp. Lafcadio's Adventures.
ahhhhhhhhhhh

tell me moar

also, whatabout bad thoughts?
Paul Valery=?
paulvalery2.jpg

Last edited:
He is known more for his poetry than his prose, AFAIK. Idee Fixe was a philosophical work, a dialogue. I read it many years ago in a survey course on French Modernist Literature. The main theme as I recall involved the classic free will(indeterminism)/determinism debate. And one quote that i remember related how certain thoughts can intrude into the mind repeatedly and incessantly while others are forgotten. this was his "idee fixe" or Fixed Idea. He was strongly influenced by the philosophy of Bergson, who conceived of consciousness (as well as time and space) as a kind of flowing, a flux, or [his term] "duree" (English word duration) I haven't read Bad Thoughts. Is this for a school project or assignment of some sort?

Idee Fixe was a philosophical work, a dialogue. I read it many years ago in a survey course on French Modernist Literature. The main theme as I recall involved the classic free will(indeterminism)/determinism debate. And one quote that i remember related how certain thoughts can intrude into the mind repeatedly and incessantly while others are forgotten. this was his "idee fixe" or Fixed Idea. He was strongly influenced by the philosophy of Bergson, who conceived of consciousness (as well as time and space) as a kind of flowing, a flux, or [his term] "duree" (English word duration) I haven't read Bad Thoughts.
many thx
Is this for a school project or assignment of some sort?
no, it has been suggested by anotha notwellknown genius
. And one quote that i remember related how certain thoughts can intrude into the mind repeatedly and incessantly while others are forgotten. this was his "idee fixe" or Fixed Idea
do u suggest?
who conceived of consciousness (as well as time and space) as a kind of flowing, a flux, or [his term] "duree" (English word duration)
thankathanka