Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Us & Them, Good & Evil.

StoicNihilist

StoicNihilist

"You'll do this again, time is a flat circle..."
-
I know of very few human beings who have strived towards total neutrality, and I know of none who have actually reached it. The enemy, or the 'bad guy' is to us something external. Immigrants, conservatives, liberals, muslims, feminists, the patriarchy, Incels. Almost all human beings identify some other group of thier fellow human beings as the "real problem". The real purveyors of evil. The real obstructors of good. In turn most humans identify themselves with a group that others view as the real problem, the real purveyors of evil, the real obstructors of good. This reactionary condemnation and scapegoating is far more satisfying to the fragile human ego than is the rigorous process of morally evaluating ones self, and ones own actions, and ones own thoughts. The enemy has to be from without, because despite the cliches about "the enemy within" few of us actually want to confront that as any sort of truth. The truth that good and evil, whatever your concept of those may be, exists solely within yourself. No one wants to look at that.

You can easily see the base biological desire of humanity reflected in thier moral codes. We try to make it seem so sanctimonious and important, but really when we say 'killing is wrong' it's because survival is hard wired into us and we don't want to be killed ourselves. When we say 'stealing is wrong' it's because we don't want to be deprived of our own resources. When we say 'rape is wrong' its because either we don't want to be raped, or we don't want unfit genetic material propagating in our familial bloodlines.

And even then, many groups of human beings have participated in these crimes and felt completely justified in doing so. Just look at the "Shatila and Sabra Massacre" and "Nanking Massacre". Or pretty much any of the major wars that have happened in the very near past. The Russians raped and killed the shit out of German civilians in WWII. Just as the Germans had done to them during thier invasion up until Operation Barborossa. American Troops slaughtered and raped Vietnamese women and children pretty much daily during the war.

The sense of morality and empathy we feel is limited to our in-group, or "our tribe", and stops when we encounter an out-group, or the "enemy tribe".

Most of the rules we have created are made on a foundation of base animal instincts and nothing more. They're not objectively verifiable but they're pragmatically necessary. Just as grammar can vary between languages morality can very between society to society. Whenever we encounter a group with morals different from our own we call them evil, or at least we view them as misguided. The more different thier morality is different from our own, the more evil we find them to be. This is why when you see a fight between a liberal and a conservative they're trying to constantly possess the moral high ground. But neither of them can ever get it, at least not outside of thier own minds, because they're not speaking the same language of moral grammar.

A conservative might say: "To tax the rich is immoral because its stealing wealth from those who earned it to give it to those who didn't."

A liberal might say: "To not tax the rich more heavily is immoral because we could use that money to benefit a far greater number of people who are sick, and hungry, and destitute."

And both will look at eachother, and look at these statements as if they're hearing something that's completely monstrous from a deranged person that's not connected to any sort of moral reality who is twisted and misguided and wrong and probably evil. It always amuses me to see visions of a far future where human beings can peacefully coexist with alien races. We can't even peacefully coexist with ourselves. The sense of right and wrong that exists from country to country, culture to culture, or even person to person is alien enough for us to label them as enemies. To label them as worthy of punishment, or even worthy of death and extermination. Yet we're going to happily coexist with a philosophy that is literally alien to us? I find the idea absurd.

I had a good idea what this thread would be just based on your profile pic

Lookism theory confirmed

I had a good idea what this thread would be just based on your profile pic

Lookism theory confirmed

I enjoy dabbling in philosophical quandaries.

A good empirical example of this moral rift is the constant clash between us and r/IncelTears. Which is actually my motivation for this post.

Last edited:
modern man is too simple minded to know anything but good and evil. shades in between do not exist for him.
i find this to be the most prevalent in the US.

isn't the difference between a hero and a terrorist just a matter of perspective?

The Right is Alive, The Wrong has been killed !

The strongest moral is the one standing at the end. The funny thing is that in the West there are so many oppositions that it is difficult to predict which one will be at the end. I suppose it could be the blackpillism vs. feminism.

The strongest moral is the one standing at the end. The funny thing is that in the West there are so many oppositions that it is difficult to predict which one will be at the end. I suppose it could be the blackpillism vs. feminism.
I'm gonna sound like a schizo, but the real divide we're seeing is Enlightenment vs Illuminism, or the belief humanity will benefit from the truth against the belief that humanity is too stupid and only the rulers should have knowledge. Unfortunately, it seems Illuminism will win for good.