Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal vantablackpill study- "Unattractive people are unaware of their (un)attractiveness"

autisticghost

autisticghost

My birth was an error
-
"

Past research has shown that how people rate their physical attractiveness is only moderately correlated with how they are rated by others, suggesting that at least some people have little insight into their true level of attractiveness. The present research tests the hypothesis that unattractive people are not aware of their unattractiveness. In fact, six studies (overall N = 1,180) showed that unattractive participants considerably overestimated their attractiveness compared to ratings by strangers. In contrast, attractive participants were more accurate. If anything, they underestimated their attractiveness. It was also examined why unattractive people overestimate their attractiveness. As expected, unattractive participants differentiated less between attractive and unattractive stimulus persons than did attractive participants. They were also more likely than attractive participants to select unattractive stimulus persons to compare themselves to. However, these tendencies did not account for why unattractive participants overestimated their attractiveness, nor did affirming participant’s self‐worth. Limitations and avenues for future research are discussed.

"

And most stupid people don't realize they're stupid. This is like the looks version of the dunning kruger effect.

most men would rope if they were aware

Essentially, its a coping mechanism to prevent subhumans from roping

I guess I'm attractive then

I guess I'm attractive then
i think it means we are even lower than we rate ourselves, not that high self rating = ugly and vice versa

Most men are aware, and SOME women know if they are ugly or fat.
But most are bluepilled

Essentially, its a coping mechanism to prevent subhumans from roping
Exactly, it's technically a coping mechanism. They are terrified at integrating that "shadowy material" into their personas (from a jungian perspective). And we know it because we were somewhat like that before getting blackpilled.

But most are bluepilled
I would say women are more aware of their looks, they lie about personality, but know that looks are EVERYTHING, hence why they do so many things to attract chad.

Guys on the other hand, at least 99% of normies, truly believe that their "charisma", sense of humour or kindness are able to arouse some bitch JFL.

i think it means we are even lower than we rate ourselves,
It means subhumans overrate themselves but this study is talking about coping bluepilled subhumans in denial (most subhumans) not us. We're fully aware of our subhumanity. The truth is ugly and people hate to hear it
not that high self rating = ugly and vice versa
The study suggests the opposite
In contrast, attractive participants were more accurate. If anything, they underestimated their attractiveness.

Last edited:
I would say women are more aware of their looks, they lie about personality, but know that looks are EVERYTHING, hence why they do so many things to attract chad.

Guys on the other hand, at least 99% of normies, truly believe that their "charisma", sense of humour or kindness are able to arouse some bitch JFL.
Women are just as delusional about their looks as men are lmao if not more. Half the instagram model girls look like incels without makeup

99% of normies and incels-in-denial are delusional. Especially today when they follow Marvel movies like a religion and are detached heavily from reality.

Women are just as delusional about their looks as men are lmao if not more. Half the instagram model girls look like incels without makeup
You are right, but due to juggernaut law it doesn't affect them as it affects men.

You are right, but due to juggernaut law it doesn't affect them as it affects men.
Yep its just annoying seeing their dating problems and when they say these "models" date ugly guys all the time when the dudes look as good if not better than the girl in the majority of these cases of fakeup maxxed girls with muffintops

This is very true. When I was bluepilled I thought I was a 6 but now looking objectively at myself im probably a 3.

Yep its just annoying seeing their dating problems and when they say these "models" date ugly guys all the time when the dudes look as good if not better than the girl in the majority of these cases of fakeup maxxed girls with muffintops
Exactly, most dudes look way better than the heroes, but due to constant validation ever since birth, they think they deserve even better JFL.

Charisma is just looks
What's juggernaut law again?

And most stupid people don't realize they're stupid. This is like the looks version of the dunning kruger effect.
This is very true. When I was bluepilled I thought I was a 6 but now looking objectively at myself im probably a 3.
99% of normies and incels-in-denial are delusional. Especially today when they follow Marvel movies like a religion and are detached heavily from reality.
But most are bluepilled