Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Based Vee's analysis of the "just be yourself" platitude

grondilu

grondilu

Overlord
★★★★★
If you don't know this YouTuber, please get over the fact that he has a GF and mentions it in the first part of the video.

Now that you're warned, here is his take on the "just be yourself" advice. I think it's worth listening to, and relevant to inceldom.

View: https://youtu.be/b4T4RJRUWXI

I used to be mystified by this advice, relating it to the Ancient Greek "Gnoti seauton" (know yourself).

I still think Vee is oversimplifying it a bit. "Be yourself" is kind of deep, possibly deeper than people who say it even realize.

There is a price to pay for being honest and uncompromising. Social acceptability may be such price. The polite society doesn't want everyone to "be themselves", but there can still be good reasons to be based (isn't being oneself what it means to be based ?) nevertheless. It depends what you really want, what are your most important values. Not everybody can be Diogenes, few would want to anyway.

Last edited: