Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Vegancels, whats your reasoning for going vegan?

• Thread starter idkwattodowithlife
  • Start date
idkwattodowithlife

idkwattodowithlife

Banned
-
I'm just curious. I'm not a big meat eater myself (in terms of being poor and don't like chewing steak) and even though most or the bulk of my diet comes from dairy, eggs, tuna, fruits, and grains.

I've been told that 80% of vegans are females, which seems kind of a lot, and I see some vegan guys, some of them look single, or something. Are the vegan girls dating meating chads or something  :nervous:  ?

I used to be vegan but it was tough not eating meat because the food tasted bad.

jagged0 said:
I used to be vegan but it was tough not eating meat because the food tasted bad.
Could be just a mainstream fad diet like Atkins, Paleo, or whatever.

i'm not a vegan but this video shows animals are sentient, pretty much like your house pets where they are set free from confines of getting their teets sucked 24/7

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZ1YLhIAg8[/video]

Notice how humanity eats the most peaceful dumb creatures, they should eat the dangerous ones but always go after the weakest link just like society targets incels

microDongCityUSA said:
i'm not a vegan but this video shows animals are sentient, pretty much like your house pets where they are set free from confines of getting their teets sucked 24/7
Notice how humanity eats the most peaceful dumb creatures, they should eat the dangerous ones but always go after the weakest link just like society targets incels
That makes a lot of sense, also good job on bridging the gap between sentient beings and Incels. It's a good connection/correlation you've made there.

1. Ethics.
2. Health.
3. Convenience.

microDongCityUSA said:

Dangerous wildlife aren't usually popular cuisine but certain species such as crocodiles and kangaroos are commercially sold as meat.

dardycunt said:
1. Ethics.
2. Health.
3. Convenience.

Dangerous wildlife aren't usually popular cuisine but certain species such as crocodiles and kangaroos are commercially sold as meat.

Local restaurant has hot dogs made of various meat. Haven't had the courage to try python but kangaroo is fucking delicious.

Man, I wrote a 10 paragraph essay on why/how i went vegan for "looksmax" forum, and my browser crashed and I lost all of the text.  Life is so brutal, maybe ill try to reconstruct it tomorrow

Tempus Edax Rerum said:
Man, I wrote a 10 paragraph essay on why/how i went vegan for "looksmax" forum, and my browser crashed and I lost all of the text.  Life is so brutal, maybe ill try to reconstruct it tomorrow
I'm always excited to read something from you.

You have always put up good reasonable arguments. Sometimes plausible, If i'm at a crossroad.

Yes, I do believe, or think that life is brutal.

You don't have to write it up, if you want. In that case, you could make a thread about your transition into veganism because it seems pretty precious to you and close to your heart, or rather dear to you.

Been vegan for almost 6 years(7 in a month).
My reasons are/were as follows:
NewAge stuff - thinking veganism would somehow help me with depression, anxiety etc
Ethical/Animal Suffering - wanting to reduce my impact and not wanting any part in the abuse, suffering and killing of other beings.
Ecological - animal agriculture destroys the environment, poisons the water, air and the bodies of those who consume it(not to mention antibiotic superbugs etc)

And now while I still don't want any part of the animal agriculture business and not wanting blood on my hands I basically continue being vegan because of the ritual or habit, don't care too much about the environment or the suffering of animals as I have no control over it, that is, outside 'voting with my wallet'.

idkwattodowithlife said:
I'm just curious. I'm not a big meat eater myself (in terms of being poor and don't like chewing steak) 

I think in most countries meat is much cheaper than fruits and vegetables these days. Simply because it's so heavily subsidized. 

But yeah, I couldn't go vegan as well. Just imagine all the hassle you have to go through, always reading the ingredients on every fucking thin, wondering if there's some gelatin in it or not ... in everyday life it must feel like having an eating disorder, because you always have to ask and always be on the lookout about whether something contains animal products, honey, gelatin, milk...

Red Shambhala said:
idkwattodowithlife said:
I couldn't go vegan as well. Just imagine all the hassle you have to go through, always reading the ingredients on every fucking thin, wondering if there's some gelatin in it or not ... in everyday life it must feel like having an eating disorder, because you always have to ask and always be on the lookout about whether something contains animal products, honey, gelatin, milk...

Pasta, rice, lentils, beans, vegetables, fruit, most bread, most cereal are all vegan, you even end up saving a ton of money because you're basically forced to cook.

Swecel said:
Been vegan for almost 6 years(7 in a month).
My reasons are/were as follows:
NewAge stuff - thinking veganism would somehow help me with depression, anxiety etc
Ethical/Animal Suffering - wanting to reduce my impact and not wanting any part in the abuse, suffering and killing of other beings.
Ecological - animal agriculture destroys the environment, poisons the water, air and the bodies of those who consume it(not to mention antibiotic superbugs etc)
And now while I still don't want any part of the animal agriculture business and not wanting blood on my hands I basically continue being vegan because of the ritual or habit, don't care too much about the environment or the suffering of animals as I have no control over it, that is, outside 'voting with my wallet'.
Those reasons seems good, but too bad reality has its grip on suffocating animals to death.

Red Shambhala said:
idkwattodowithlife said:
I'm just curious. I'm not a big meat eater myself (in terms of being poor and don't like chewing steak)
I think in most countries meat is much cheaper than fruits and vegetables these days. Simply because it's so heavily subsidized.
But yeah, I couldn't go vegan as well. Just imagine all the hassle you have to go through, always reading the ingredients on every fucking thin, wondering if there's some gelatin in it or not ... in everyday life it must feel like having an eating disorder, because you always have to ask and always be on the lookout about whether something contains animal products, honey, gelatin, milk...
I see what you mean, yeah it seems like most things come from animal products, heck even the make up, and cosmetics women pamper themselves with also comes from animals. We've always been somewhat reliant on animals to survive and of course extrapolate other means of resources, to make more profits.

I was a strict Vegan for 5 years.

Completely fucked up my health. I was on death's door.

Everything returned to normal after reintroducing fish and eggs.

I also think the reason I stopped growing (5'7 now) is because I started my veganism in high school.

Dry Spell said:
I was a strict Vegan for 5 years.

Completely fucked up my health. I was on death's door.

Everything returned to normal after reintroducing fish and eggs.

I also think the reason I stopped growing (5'7 now) is because I started my veganism in high school.
Woah, that kind of messed up...

Most of your height genetic comes from your parents, did you not end up taller than your father? Or was your mother super shot? Or something?

As long as they are put to death humanely and painlessly I don't mind the fact that they are bred for being eaten.
A cow on average has a peaceful, predator free life and plentiful to eat.
(not talking about industrial farming in the US though!)
She would not even exist in its modern form as they were selectively bred over the generations and descends from the wild buffalo, who probably has a way more stressful life and personal responsibilities. (predators, food scarcity etc)

Another thing that changed my mind about feeling bad about eating meat is a documentary I watched on how horse treatment has changed since the 1800s or so.
Rich people who owned horses treated them well but peasants did not. They were just lowly valued commodities and when they aged the last bit of effort was squeezed out of them and uncooperative horses were the target of extreme violence.
A rich man noticed this difference and was shocked. He proposed the consumption of horse meat so the horse would have increased market value and they would at least be sold to a butcher before they got too old and had to be cared for and treated more humanely. I don't eat horse meat myself and will now not suddenly do it but I found this perspective interesting to avoid the simplistic dichotomy between vegetarians and meat eaters.

microDongCityUSA said:

wow great analysis :)