We are not created in Gods image

FlamingCel

FlamingCel

Luminary
★★★★★
104d 20h 12m
Genesis 1
26Then God said, "Let Us make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth."

In strongs concordance god means elohim which means of the supreme god.
Usually plural.They are the sons of god.The angels

Daniel 10
14Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come.”
15While he was speaking to me, I looked down at the ground, unable to say a word. 16Then the one who looked like a MAN touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and began to speak.

Genesis 19
1That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. 2“My lords,” he said, “come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again.”

“Oh no,” they replied. “We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”
3But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. 4But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. 5They shouted to Lot, “Where are the MEN who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!”

FamilyGuy1999

FamilyGuy1999

high iq member of .co society
★★★★★
52d 2h 15m
@FlamingCel gtfih

BANG

BANG

Veteran
★★
3d 9h 23m
interesting

Idlevillagercel

Idlevillagercel

Detached
★★★★★
62d 14h 45m
Speak for yourself

FlamingCel

FlamingCel

Luminary
★★★★★
104d 20h 12m
Image meaning to shade; a {phantom} that {is} (figuratively) {illusion} resemblance; hence a representative {figure} especially an idol: - {image} vain shew.

HeroinNihilism

HeroinNihilism

sleep when i’m dead i guess
★★★
29d 17m
Then would we all look like Jesus?

Darkenzo

Darkenzo

Overlord
★★★
47d 12h 26m
The Jews were originally polytheists that's why it says 'our'.

That's Yahweh's wife Yahu there. 4th century BCE.

Yahweh there, the man himself.

Darkenzo

Darkenzo

Overlord
★★★
47d 12h 26m

The golden calf would have been some kind of god. Here it is.

'It was a symbol of virility and strength associated with the Canaanite god El, and such idolatry would persist into the period of the divided monarchy. King Jeroboam I of the Northern Kingdom of Israel commissioned two golden calves for the sanctuaries of Yahweh in Bethel and Dan, to serve as the Lord's attendants.'

The problem could have been they were worshipping a Canaanite god and not a proper Jewish one. Not so much that they were pure monotheists at that point in time. That's my theory.

Hmmm...