We must evolve past these simplistic desires.

anon1822

anon1822

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
★★★★★
114d 15h 0m
I know you'll say it's a cope. And it is, any one of us would rather indulge in them than evolve past them, wouldn't even think about it.

But at the same time, it's more than just a cope.

These desires of ours are so animalistic. Not just sex, even companionship and affection. Even the desire for reproduction. These are the thoughts and desires of an animal. We must aim to be something more, something that transcends past this limited thinking.

Humans are simple, vile little animals. We must aim to be something more. A more tranquil entity, more in peace with itself and the universe.

I'm saying this as an atheist. I don't believe in god or an afterlife or whatever. We must do it for ourselves, for our own fulfillment. Even if I were having sex, even if I could get married etc... that wouldn't be fulfilling to me in the long run. Such puny little things, life should be more than that. Even my nihilistic, atheist self believes we should make more out of life.

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
174d 8h 44m
extremely based truths. it's why I Buddha max with meditation, occasionally fasting and cold showers. I am slowly trying to train my mind away from the biological imperative and put an end to the vile desire to have s*x

R

randomguy1235

Veteran
★★★★★
35d 14h 10m
I know you'll say it's a cope. And it is, any one of us would rather indulge in them than evolve past them, wouldn't even think about it.

But at the same time, it's more than just a cope.

These desires of ours are so animalistic. Not just sex, even companionship and affection. Even the desire for reproduction. These are the thoughts and desires of an animal. We must aim to be something more, something that transcends past this limited thinking.

Humans are simple, vile little animals. We must aim to be something more. A more tranquil entity, more in peace with itself and the universe.

I'm saying this as an atheist. I don't believe in god or an afterlife or whatever. We must do it for ourselves, for our own fulfillment. Even if I were having sex, even if I could get married etc... that wouldn't be fulfilling to me in the long run. Such puny little things, life should be more than that. Even my nihilistic, atheist self believes we should make more out of life.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree and think it's the only true, virtuous path our dogshit and primitive species should aspire towards. This is achievable through eugenics and genetic engineering. It's our last hope

Cope_Time

Cope_Time

Captain
★★★
23d 11h 11m
I think this is impossible, we are animals with instincts even if you have have the willpower, there's still so much things that you can't control, free will is not real, and our existence is shit.

anon1822

anon1822

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
★★★★★
114d 15h 0m
extremely based truths. it's why I Buddha max with meditation, occasionally fasting and cold showers. I am slowly trying to train my mind away from the biological imperative and put an end to the vile desire to have s*x
Wow, good job on those, definitely worth doing, very smart. A good, healthy diet and some light exercise like cardio seems worth adding to the list.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree and think it's the only true, virtuous path our dogshit and primitive species should aspire towards. This is achievable through eugenics and genetic engineering. It's our last hope
The species as a whole will never do this, most people are utter animals. Us and me included, of course. But an individual making an effort can change and move past all this. We must try to become those individuals.
I think this is impossible, we are animals with instincts even if you have have the willpower, there's still so much things that you can't control, free will is not real, and our existence is shit.
That is also true, but it is worth trying. It's either this or wallowing in misery.

AnotherInsertCel

AnotherInsertCel

The Graycel Brotherhood
★★
8d 15h 37m
The best you can achieve is ignoring the urge, you and your brain don't have the same administrative access.

Blackcel rigth wing

Blackcel rigth wing

19yrs old Apolitical (politics is cope)
★★★★★
50d 3h 28m
For that to happen humans may have to transcend their hold biology or humanity.

Dr. Dicklet

Dr. Dicklet

卐 ᛋᛋ the only stable emotion is hate ᛋᛋ 卐
4d 8h 0m
It's hardwired into our d.n.a which cannot be changed..we have the ability to chose, but it will never come natural, even with meditation