Discussion What do you think of projects to create a 2nd Internet?

HopeCopeRope

HopeCopeRope

Luminary
★★★★★
89d 4h 40m
Cool shit bro

grondilu

grondilu

Overlord
★★★★★
134d 18h 50m
Some time ago I realize it should be possible to build an entire internet made of VPNs.

There's really no need for any other technology.

AlwaysHungry

AlwaysHungry

Verminlord
★★★
17d 19h 43m
Would be cool

ProgrammerCel

ProgrammerCel

Greycel
1d 16h 19m
Do you understand what the internet is? This isn't a new internet. It's an alternative to the web and the current mainstream data storage paradigm that uses the already existing internet infrastructure and, presumably, protocols. Were there a viable parallel internet, say an internet that operated in a decentralized manner with every user broadcasting via shortwave or retransmitting in a peer-to-peer fashion, I'd definitely be on board with looking into setting up a node myself, but I've yet to find anything like that thus far.

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
36d 22h 39m
Sounds good. I don't think its necessary, though.

superighteous

superighteous

Faggot idiot piece of shit
40d 1h 21m
Do you understand what the internet is? This isn't a new internet. It's an alternative to the web and the current mainstream data storage paradigm that uses the already existing internet infrastructure and, presumably, protocols. Were there a viable parallel internet, say an internet that operated in a decentralized manner with every user broadcasting via shortwave or retransmitting in a peer-to-peer fashion, I'd definitely be on board with looking into setting up a node myself, but I've yet to find anything like that thus far.
Fuckin nerd

GermaniaIncelia

GermaniaIncelia

celda
8d 9h 59m
the cables n infrastructure the same, the protocols still same, how we gun evah have call dis an aldernadive?
inderned n web s difference nkay?

Projects like these arent meant to replace any infrastructure Mr. Macaroni Berlusconi. Your differentation is verbiage and as trivial as that of a communist when they talk about "real communism" or a capitalist talking about "free-market" capitalism.
Structures only get built where there is hierarchical exploits to be held over others. Not because some hobbyists with a passion sit together and get their dreams sponsored. Bill Gates a good example. Rich boy who steals the work of Xerox and open source code of actual nerds and then sells himself as the big nerd of microsoft. This is how reality is created. Learn2reality.

Noooooo inkwell the internet is a web technology and the web is just an information system huuuuge difference because there exist so many other information systems besides the www in usage by that technology right now :soy:

your personality

your personality

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
★★★★★
81d 4h 58m
High IQ Greycel